The Abortion Issue Makes My Brain Wanna Explode...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
sure, women should be in charge of what goes on in their bodies...

but a viable fetus (i.e., one that can theoretically live on its own) would also seem to have a right to live...

Not according to people that think it's ok to murder babies....babies are just a glob of nothing until it's actually born. Many see nothing wrong with killing it at any time as long as it hasn't pushed it's way out of the birth canal. Until it takes it's first breath it's not human.

a VIABLE fetus, that can survive outside of the womb, should never be aborted and in most cases is not aborted unless there are medical problems...most abortions take place within the first 10 weeks of pregnancy Bayoubill...viability is at about 5-6 months of gestation

Last edited:
Not according to people that think it's ok to murder babies....babies are just a glob of nothing until it's actually born. Many see nothing wrong with killing it at any time as long as it hasn't pushed it's way out of the birth canal. Until it takes it's first breath it's not human.

Let's get real here. If anyone has an abortion in the third trimester, or even the second trimester, it's because something has gone horribly wrong. They have probably picked out names and decorated nursery by that point.

Most abortions are performed about 10 weeks out, when the fetus is the size of a kidney bean.

Now, personally, I'd like to see there be less abortion. But the things that would reduce the number- Stronger family and medical leave, more comprehensive sex education, and so on, are things the Whackadoodle Religious Right opposes.

But banning abortion won't work because it didnt' work before Roe v. Wade. Women had abortions, and everyone knew of someone who could take care of that. Even in a country like the Philippines, where abortion is illegal, they still have 500,000 illegal abortions every year.

Forum List

Back