the AARPs policy

So? Kyl said it. Kyl's not exactly a fact generator.

Got anything else other than that?

Phuck Yew! :lol::lol::lol::lol:now Dive Con bossy boy,, you see why it don't pay you to jump through libtard hoops! :lol: welldoyahuh? case proven.

Mitch McConnell just said the same thing on Fox News Sunday, so there you have it.. now if your dunderheads require anything more then you may find it on your own.

Did they explain the contemplated 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare? No they did not.. more bullshit, different day! Kerry ON

I've got to agree. I remember over 20 years ago when my folks joined AARP. Eventually they found the best supplemental insurance through this group: Physician's Mutual. I'd heartily endorse anyone that can pick it up to do so.

With that said, AARP seems to have been taken over by the lobbying arm. Too bad, I will not join.

So? Kyl said it. Kyl's not exactly a fact generator.

Got anything else other than that?

Phuck Yew! :lol::lol::lol::lol:now Dive Con bossy boy,, you see why it don't pay you to jump through libtard hoops! :lol: welldoyahuh? case proven.
thats not the point
and you know it

well what is the point. I was asked for a "source" I put the direct quote in my signature line. From the "sources" mouth and that didn't seem to satisfy them.. so if you think you can satisfy them then I welcome you to try. go for it.

Neither Mitch McConnell, nor Jon Kyl impress me in the least. Do you have any data or would you like to just shut up now?

Did they explain the contemplated 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare? No they did not.. more bullshit, different day! Kerry ON

I've got to agree. I remember over 20 years ago when my folks joined AARP. Eventually they found the best supplemental insurance through this group: Physician's Mutual. I'd heartily endorse anyone that can pick it up to do so.

With that said, AARP seems to have been taken over by the lobbying arm. Too bad, I will not join.

Annie as one of the seniors in one of the town halls said AARP has Danny Glover as a spokesperson,, and Danny Glover hugs it up with Chavez.. You cannot get much more left than that.

Neither Mitch McConnell, nor Jon Kyl impress me in the least. Do you have any data or would you like to just shut up now?

Phuck Yew! Dive Con will try to meet your needy needs! I was asked for a source I gave you two.. don't like em? find yer own.

Hmmmm!
Liar

"You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - Google Search

Google

Advanced Search
Preferences

"Arizona" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries to 32 words.
Web
Hide optionsShow options...

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. (0.44 seconds)

Did you mean: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.
Search Results

Results include your SearchWiki notes for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. Share these notes
Copy and paste this link into an email or IM:

See a preview of the shared page
Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com
... to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com - Cached - Similar -
Seniors World Chronicle: 7/26/09 - 8/2/09
... at the Cleveland Clinic on July 2 in Independence, Ohio David Liam Kyle / ..... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
Seniors World Chronicle: 7/26/09 - 8/2/09 - Cached - Similar -

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

Did you mean to search for: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.
You have removed results from this search. Hide them

Add a result - See all my SearchWiki notes - See a
now, was that so hard to do?

Evidently it was.. the dimbulbs around here couldn't manage it and I dropped a ton of clues.. I've never seen such a lazy bunch of name calling wussies..

Yah sure. You give us a lying Rushpublican and expect us just to take his word for that line of shit? Get real!

Hi,

My inbox has been flooded with emails spreading crazy rumors about health reform so I wanted to share some facts from AARP about what's really going on. Please join me in forwarding these facts to everyone you know. Print them out and pass them around at your social gatherings and other places where people are discussing the issues of the day.

FACT #1: Medicare will not be ended, and no benefits or services will be cut.

Your services will not be ended, nor will your benefits be cut. AARP's position on this could not be clearer. And we have sent this message loud and clear to Congress. While the current proposals include savings in Medicare by cutting out fraud, abuse, waste, and inefficiency, we're standing up and making sure benefits for Medicare recipients are not only fully protected, but are improved.1

FACT #2: No legislation currently in Congress would mandate the rationing of care. Period.

Our staff has read all of the legislation circulating in Congress and there are no provisions in these bills that would ration care for our members. None. If any ever did, we would vigorously fight to stop that legislation.2

FACT #3: There is no provision of any piece of legislation that would promote euthanasia of any kind.

The rumors out there are flat out lies. Right now Medicare does not cover counseling for end-of-life care. The portion of the bill in question would simply provide coverage for optional end-of-life consultations with doctors, so that the patient can be aware of all of the treatment options on the table. It is not mandatory and it has nothing to do with euthanasia.3

FACT #4: We have not endorsed President Obama's plan.

In fact, we haven't endorsed any plan. We are supporting reform of our health care system, something that AARP has pushed for many years. We're working closely with Republican and Democratic members of Congress to lower health care costs and to ensure quality affordable coverage for older Americans – and we want reform legislation passed and signed by the president this year.4

So what is AARP fighting for in health reform?

Stopping insurance companies from charging older Americans unaffordable premiums because of their age.
Ending the practice of excluding people from insurance because of pre-existing conditions.
Holding down health costs and making insurance coverage more affordable for all Americans.
Making prescription drugs more affordable by narrowing the Medicare doughnut hole, bringing generics to market faster, and allowing Medicare to negotiate better drug prices.
Find out more and take action at HealthActionNow.org.

My first question.

WHY ARE YOU LYING? The president stated he was eliminating medicare home care.

Do not attempt to lie to us again.

Hi,

My inbox has been flooded with emails spreading crazy rumors about health reform so I wanted to share some facts from AARP about what's really going on. Please join me in forwarding these facts to everyone you know. Print them out and pass them around at your social gatherings and other places where people are discussing the issues of the day.

Your services will not be ended, nor will your benefits be cut. AARP's position on this could not be clearer. And we have sent this message loud and clear to Congress. While the current proposals include savings in Medicare by cutting out fraud, abuse, waste, and inefficiency, we're standing up and making sure benefits for Medicare recipients are not only fully protected, but are improved.1

FACT #2: No legislation currently in Congress would mandate the rationing of care. Period.

Our staff has read all of the legislation circulating in Congress and there are no provisions in these bills that would ration care for our members. None. If any ever did, we would vigorously fight to stop that legislation.2

FACT #3: There is no provision of any piece of legislation that would promote euthanasia of any kind.

The rumors out there are flat out lies. Right now Medicare does not cover counseling for end-of-life care. The portion of the bill in question would simply provide coverage for optional end-of-life consultations with doctors, so that the patient can be aware of all of the treatment options on the table. It is not mandatory and it has nothing to do with euthanasia.3

In fact, we haven't endorsed any plan. We are supporting reform of our health care system, something that AARP has pushed for many years. We're working closely with Republican and Democratic members of Congress to lower health care costs and to ensure quality affordable coverage for older Americans – and we want reform legislation passed and signed by the president this year.4

Stopping insurance companies from charging older Americans unaffordable premiums because of their age.
Ending the practice of excluding people from insurance because of pre-existing conditions.
Holding down health costs and making insurance coverage more affordable for all Americans.
Making prescription drugs more affordable by narrowing the Medicare doughnut hole, bringing generics to market faster, and allowing Medicare to negotiate better drug prices.

My first question.

WHY ARE YOU LYING? The president stated he was eliminating medicare home care.

Do not attempt to lie to us again.
Link?

Hi,

There was actually an article on the front page of our (somewhat) local newspaper
(from the LA Times) this morning dispelling some of the rumors flying around out there. Living in a very RED area of my Blue state, I was surprised to see it.

Health reform rumors mislead :: Today :: PostStar.com

Health reform rumors mislead
By Noam N. Levey
Los Angeles Times
Updated: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:26 AM EDT

"WASHINGTON - With lawmakers home for their August recess, a fierce battle has broken out over what precisely is in the mammoth health-care bills being pushed by congressional Democrats. There has been no shortage of misinformation, much of it advanced by critics of President Barack Obama’s overhaul effort who have made sometimes outlandish claims. Here is a look at a few of the most contentious parts of the legislation.

Question: Does the legislation include provisions to encourage senior citizens to commit suicide?

Answer: No. This has become one of the most misleading, inflammatory claims made in the health-care debate, advanced repeatedly by conservative commentators such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Republican lawmakers working to stoke fears among seniors.

The House bill would give seniors on Medicare the option to sit down with a doctor for an "advance care planning consultation" every five years to discuss options should they become seriously ill or unable to make medical decisions. Topics could include the development of a living will and directives for care.

The provision is endorsed by the AARP. [...]"

Forum List

Back