the AARPs policy

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Hi,

My inbox has been flooded with emails spreading crazy rumors about health reform so I wanted to share some facts from AARP about what's really going on. Please join me in forwarding these facts to everyone you know. Print them out and pass them around at your social gatherings and other places where people are discussing the issues of the day.

FACT #1: Medicare will not be ended, and no benefits or services will be cut.

Your services will not be ended, nor will your benefits be cut. AARP's position on this could not be clearer. And we have sent this message loud and clear to Congress. While the current proposals include savings in Medicare by cutting out fraud, abuse, waste, and inefficiency, we're standing up and making sure benefits for Medicare recipients are not only fully protected, but are improved.1

FACT #2: No legislation currently in Congress would mandate the rationing of care. Period.

Our staff has read all of the legislation circulating in Congress and there are no provisions in these bills that would ration care for our members. None. If any ever did, we would vigorously fight to stop that legislation.2

FACT #3: There is no provision of any piece of legislation that would promote euthanasia of any kind.

The rumors out there are flat out lies. Right now Medicare does not cover counseling for end-of-life care. The portion of the bill in question would simply provide coverage for optional end-of-life consultations with doctors, so that the patient can be aware of all of the treatment options on the table. It is not mandatory and it has nothing to do with euthanasia.3

FACT #4: We have not endorsed President Obama's plan.

In fact, we haven't endorsed any plan. We are supporting reform of our health care system, something that AARP has pushed for many years. We're working closely with Republican and Democratic members of Congress to lower health care costs and to ensure quality affordable coverage for older Americans – and we want reform legislation passed and signed by the president this year.4

So what is AARP fighting for in health reform?

Stopping insurance companies from charging older Americans unaffordable premiums because of their age.
Ending the practice of excluding people from insurance because of pre-existing conditions.
Holding down health costs and making insurance coverage more affordable for all Americans.
Making prescription drugs more affordable by narrowing the Medicare doughnut hole, bringing generics to market faster, and allowing Medicare to negotiate better drug prices.
Find out more and take action at HealthActionNow.org.

Did they explain the contemplated 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare? No they did not.. more bullshit, different day! Kerry ON

Did they explain the contemplated 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare? No they did not.. more bullshit, different day! Kerry ON

Interesting, and somewhat alarming, too.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Willow.

Can you give us your source for this information, please?

I already have at least twice! pay attention or, google is yer friend.

try congress contemplates 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare whydonchya?

Okay...I get this return from Google

congress contemplates 500 billion dollar cuts to medicare - Google Search=

Now I'd still appreciate it if you would be kind enough to tell me what YOUR source for this data is.

Now I'd still appreciate it if you would be kind enough to tell me what YOUR source for this data is.
The wingnuts appear to have a problem supplying a source for a $500Billion cut in Medicare.

The wingnuts appear to have a problem supplying a source for a $500Billion cut in Medicare.

you got something in your pocket.. as I have stated,, I have posted it once or twice on this very sight,, put forth a little effort if you are interested,, google and search are your friends. I don't jump through libtard hoops.. it's all in the tone buddy boy

you got something in your pocket.. as I have stated,, I have posted it once or twice on this very sight,, put forth a little effort if you are interested,, google and search are your friends. I don't jump through libtard hoops.. it's all in the tone buddy boy
actually, its on YOU to back up your claims with A link

like I said DB I already have. I'm not going to do it just cause they yell. use the search engine on this forum.

like I said DB I already have. I'm not going to do it just cause they yell. use the search engine on this forum.
in this thread?

in this thread?

I'll give you a clue.. Sen. Kyl said it on CNN. No not in this thread.. I'm not going to put links in every thread to something I've already said and proven. That's outrageous.
you must understand that someone in THIS thread may not have seen some other thread where you posted it
you could link to the other post as well

in this thread?

I'll give you a clue.. Sen. Kyl said it on CNN. No not in this thread.. I'm not going to put links in every thread to something I've already said and proven. That's outrageous.
you must understand that someone in THIS thread may not have seen some other thread where you posted it

I made it easy for you bossy boy. Read my signature line.

hmmm.........

a googlewhack!!!!

Your search - "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
* Try different keywords.
* Try more general keywords.
* Try fewer keywords.

"You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - Google Search

I made it easy for you bossy boy. Read my signature line.
nevermind, you dont understand

Last edited:
hmmm.........

a googlewhack!!!!

Your search - "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Try fewer keywords.

"You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - Google Search
Hmmmm!
Liar

"You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - Google Search

Google

Advanced Search
Preferences

"Arizona" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries to 32 words.
Web
Hide optionsShow options...

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. (0.44 seconds)

Did you mean: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.
Search Results

Results include your SearchWiki notes for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. Share these notes
Copy and paste this link into an email or IM:

See a preview of the shared page
Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com
... to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/28/obama.health.care/ - Cached - Similar -
Seniors World Chronicle: 7/26/09 - 8/2/09
... at the Cleveland Clinic on July 2 in Independence, Ohio David Liam Kyle / ..... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
www.seniorsworldchronicle.com/2009_07_26_archive.html - Cached - Similar -

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

Did you mean to search for: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.
You have removed results from this search. Hide them

Add a result - See all my SearchWiki notes - See a

Last edited:
hmmm.........

a googlewhack!!!!

Suggestions:

* Try fewer keywords.

Hmmmm!
Liar

"You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. - Google Search

Google

Advanced Search
Preferences

"Arizona" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries to 32 words.
Web

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. (0.44 seconds)

Did you mean: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.
Search Results

Results include your SearchWiki notes for "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers now retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.. Share these notes

... to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com - Cached - Similar -
... at the Cleveland Clinic on July 2 in Independence, Ohio David Liam Kyle / ..... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday. ...
Seniors World Chronicle: 7/26/09 - 8/2/09 - Cached - Similar -

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.

Did you mean to search for: "You cannot add millions of new baby boomers not retiring to the Medicare rolls and at the same time cut Medicare by $500 billion ... without cutting their benefits," Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, said Tuesday.

now, was that so hard to do?

Hmmmm!
Liar

Google

Advanced Search
Preferences

Web

Search Results

Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN.com - Cached - Similar -
Seniors World Chronicle: 7/26/09 - 8/2/09 - Cached - Similar -

now, was that so hard to do?

Evidently it was.. the dimbulbs around here couldn't manage it and I dropped a ton of clues.. I've never seen such a lazy bunch of name calling wussies..

Forum List

Back