The 9-12 Project

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
This country is headed into very dangerous waters . . . the Constitution is being shredded . . . bankruptcy of the country is on the horizon . . . . the government wants it's paws in and on everything and everyone.

Everyone who is disgusted with what our government is doing and how they are doing it should check out this site. Whether you're R, D, L or I -- doesn't matter. Please - for five minutes - get over the fact that Glenn Beck has started this. Just go take a look.

It is meant to unite people into the mindset that we had on 9/12/01. We weren't a nation of Republicans or Democrats . . . we were a nation of united Americans. The government is busy, busy setting one party against another . . . when the real fight is government vs. America.

Click on the Mission Statement to get a feel for what this project is trying to accomplish. Click on Stand up and Lead, then your state, to see where local meetings are being held. None to be found in your area? Start one. If you click on the Members and Counting link on the right on this page, you can sign up for comments/discussions. I found the following letter from one of the members and thought I'd pass it along. The poster's comment to the Senator are what many, many Americans are feeling towards our government.

"Here was a response for Congressman Simpson (R) from Idaho to my demand that no more earmarks be added to spending bills:

Eliminating any one of those projects would not have reduced federal spending by one penny – the money would have instead gone to another project in a different state or to a federal bureaucracy to be spent at its discretion.

Here was my response to him:

Representative Simpson,
You say that if you wouldn't have brought the earmark money, millions of dollars by your own admission, back to Idaho that the money would have been spent elsewhere here are your words:

Eliminating any one of those projects would not have reduced federal spending by one penny – the money would have instead gone to another project in a different state or to a federal bureaucracy to be spent at its discretion.

. That is exactly the WRONG answer. If every representative and congressman stopped earmarks no money would be spent, money YOU don't create but take from us, the taxpayer. You just don't get it. You don't point to another wrong to justify your wrong. Just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right. It's called principles sir. You and every member of congress that we elect must have principles. It's what our Founding Fathers had but what we find so rarely today. I'm frankly appalled at your response.
There is a stirring in America today. People like me are fed up with both parties. We are meeting weekly throughout the nation, we are talking on the web and sharing e-mails. We are people that have values and principles, the same values and principles that our Founding Fathers have. Slowly but surely both political parties have lost those values and principles and all you care about is power. You shouldn't be worried about the big contributors to your campaign but those that elected you into office. Change is coming sir. It's much the same as when the Sons of Liberty met in taverns over 200 years ago. We, the people, are waking up and we will take back our government. I, like my forefathers, will commit my life, my fortune and my sacred honor in this new cause of freedom. Can you hear it?

Sincerely,
Karl Spencer
Veteran and Proud American "

Just thought I'd pass this along. One voice won't be heard; a nation of voices will.

THE912PROJECT.COM

Earmarks are not all necessarily bad. I think Glen Beck knows it. And please, take a moment to consider that this is just a Republican wedge issue/straw man argument that guys like Beck & Rush use to distract us from the real issues and problems.

So let me get this straight. You want us all to get behind this bullshit issue? As if this is top priority?

Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve is emptying the treasury to the tune of $750 billion dollars and counting.

You American voters are down right stupid. So easily distracted. Earmarks. Pork. Abortion. Guns. Illegals. Global Warming. Tax cuts. Joe the Plumber.

Why don't you get your ass behind Ron Paul's movement to audit/abolish the Fed? Why are rich bankers running our country? If it isn't obvious by now that they are what went wrong....

Digg - Ron Paul, Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve Transparency Act

and if you are not a Ron Paul/Libertarian type Republican, then back Dennis Kuchenich:

Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich 2008: Sticking it to the Cartel politicians

But please stop playing politics while the rich bankers empty the treasury. Time to wake up. Glen Beck is a monkey.

when the real fight is government vs. America.

It isn't Government vs. America.

Its the rich and powerful bankers and oil/defense men vs. the rest of us.

Its class warefare.

Rich vs poor/middle class.

And trust me, none of you fall into the category of rich.

There is a such thing as being too rich for Democracy.

How Rich is Too Rich For Democracy?

Hey Sealy -- what's your suggestion for fixing America? Be specific and be detailed.

Ron Paul, Is America Really Going Bankrupt?

We take back the Federal Reserve. That way rich bankers don't control our economy and our debt isn't collecting interest.

And get rid of lobbyists.

Corporations should pay all the taxes, not the workers. No income tax.

If we need a bridge, charge a bridge tax. When the bridge is built, end the bridge tax.

The Income tax was to pay for WW2.

Pay go would be nice.

Stay within the budget.

Include the Iraq war in your budget so we know what you are really spending.

Raise taxes on the rich to pay off the debt. When the debt is paid off, they will still be rich. Go figure.

Bring manufacturing jobs back home.

Raise wages

Throw illegals out

Raise SS benefits

Nationalize medicine but you can buy better than the basic so still capitalistic

Then when everything is good, lower taxes on everyone.

How, specifically, can these ideas get accomplished? Talk is cheap, it's what you do that counts. Is there a grassroots program like the 9-12 project around?

Hey Sealy -- what's your suggestion for fixing America? Be specific and be detailed.

Start with an absolute limit per citizen on how much money they can donate to any politician or any political party.

Completely end any PAC money contributions.

ABsolutely NO corporate campiagn contributions.

Limits on total campaign spending and limits on campaign advertisments.

Absolutely NO campaign funding or political party funding from any foreign national or foreign corporation or business.

An increase in the number of House of Representatives such that each REP has 30,000 constiutents. (There'd give us a HoR of about 6,000 Reps, BTW)

An increase in the number of Senators to 6 per state.

There...that's a start to putting the DEMOCRATIC back into our democratic republic.

Public execution of any pols taking bribes, and any bribers giving them, too.

Ed - excellent ideas on political contributions. How, exactly, could something like this be accomplished?

Start with an absolute limit per citizen on how much money they can donate to any politician or any political party.

Absolutely NO campaign funding or political party funding from any foreign national or foreign corporation or business.

An increase in the number of House of Representatives such that each REP has 30,000 constiutents. (There'd give us a HoR of about 6,000 Reps, BTW)

There...that's a start to putting the DEMOCRATIC back into our democratic republic.

:clap2: Excellent. Add term limits to the list as well. Congress is its own special interest group, they are their own lobbyists, it needs to stop.

And then, while we're shredding the First Amendment, let's also limit the amount of favorable press newspapers, TV news, and other media outlets give candidates based on how much an ad using that much space would cost. If we don't give a damn about free speech, then I fail to see why we should give leftists an advantage by respecting the free press, either.

Or perhaps we could "fix" America without dismantling the freedoms it's supposed to stand for. Just a thought.

Your idea of increasing the number of representatives may be well intended, but I see a very big problem with this. The more you have, the more special interests that will receive representation. But more importantly, we can't get 535 H of R members or 100 Senators to agree on anything. Something tells me that having 6300 legislators in Washington would only create more problems.

I have a better idea. Why don't we, as Americans, educate ourselves, and elect representatives who will actually represent the people they serve. If we want to blame someone, let's start with ourselves, those of us who elect these idiots in the first place, whether it be Republicans or Dems. There are only a handful of these people who are worth keeping around, yet we keep sending the same ones back because people are all too easily bought off with slick advertisements and stupid slogans.

It really is treason to fuck with an election. They need to make it a serious offense.

And how about real campaign finance reform. So lets say 100 people qualify. They should each get x amount of dollars and airtime so it isn't about who has more money.

And no paying for commercials. This is one thing that proves the media is just another bad corporation. They want to sell advertisement spots, so they like it that politicians spend millions on radio tv ads.

And no more SWIFT BOATERS. They can be on the net, but not on tv/radio. Liars.

The tv and radio are public airwaves. These candidates get airtime free of charge.

So Glen Beck's little movement is just about cutting social spending on American/In America.

He didn't cry in 2004-2006 when the GOP broke pork records.

But now that its not Haloburton/Blackwater/Shell getting all the pork, Glen Beck wants to cry?

The GOP always come in and overspend/waste money while cutting rich people's taxes. That always causes a mess.

The Democrats are the responsible parent who comes in and insists that we pay our bills on time. No more maxxing out the credit card and just paying the minimum payment.

The rich people doing all the spending benefit from GOPanomics, but the rest of us end up picking up the bill.

Now the rich can show that they pay the majority of the taxes, and that is true.

But that doesn't mean they are paying enough.

They certainly didn't pay for Iraq.

And now Obama has to give America a facelift because the GOP ignored our infrastructure for 8 years, so clearly now would be a good time to undo Bush's unfair tax breaks.

But because the GOP put us in a recession, we can't raise their taxes now. So Obama is going to just let them expire in 2011. We should be out of the recession by then.

But they say the rich won't hire or spend any money if we raise their taxes. Bullshit. If the economy picks up, they'll hire more people to handle all the new business they get. And a good economy is the only way to increase wages.

Anyways, Republicans say you don't raise taxes during a recession, and we might be inclined to listen to them, if they would have listened to us when we told them you don't cut taxes during a time of war.

They didn't listen, and they bankrupted the treasury. I say the GOP did it on purpose. If they didn't do it on purpose, they sure are dumb sons of bitches, which I highly doubt.

But the people who vote for them are.

:clap2: Excellent. Add term limits to the list as well. Congress is its own special interest group, they are their own lobbyists, it needs to stop.

I like what George Carlin says about term limits.

Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

And then, while we're shredding the First Amendment, let's also limit the amount of favorable press newspapers, TV news, and other media outlets give candidates based on how much an ad using that much space would cost. If we don't give a damn about free speech, then I fail to see why we should give leftists an advantage by respecting the free press, either.

Or perhaps we could "fix" America without dismantling the freedoms it's supposed to stand for. Just a thought.

All this talk about the first amendment and free speech seems more like you are just trying to protect the system we have now, which is unfair, corrupted and favors the rich.

It seems you want the "freedom" to steal elections.

Anyways, if you can tell us specifically how we are trouncing on the first amendment, and we feel you are correct, then we would never want to do that.

That's more of a Republican thing to do, if you ask me.

I, would not want to trample on any amendment.

But are you one of those people who thinks if I don't let you carry a bazooka or if I don't let you run a cult that I am trouncing on your freedoms?

Because you can't marry every little girl in your cult and the right to bear arms does not allow you to carry around a nuclear bomb.

I got this in an email today:

This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I thought this
was the BEST idea. I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr.President,
Patriotic retirement:
There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work
force; pay them $1 million apiece severance with stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings -
Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed.

Earmarks are not all necessarily bad. I think Glen Beck knows it. And please, take a moment to consider that this is just a Republican wedge issue/straw man argument that guys like Beck & Rush use to distract us from the real issues and problems.

So let me get this straight. You want us all to get behind this bullshit issue? As if this is top priority?

Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve is emptying the treasury to the tune of $750 billion dollars and counting.

You American voters are down right stupid. So easily distracted. Earmarks. Pork. Abortion. Guns. Illegals. Global Warming. Tax cuts. Joe the Plumber.

Why don't you get your ass behind Ron Paul's movement to audit/abolish the Fed? Why are rich bankers running our country? If it isn't obvious by now that they are what went wrong....

and if you are not a Ron Paul/Libertarian type Republican, then back Dennis Kuchenich:

But please stop playing politics while the rich bankers empty the treasury. Time to wake up. Glen Beck is a monkey.

Sorry friend, but your pointing fingers at the non-leftist on this are hilarious. It's the Democratic party that is now allowing the Fed to continue in its ways. Stop living in the past, start living in the present. Presently, this Democratic Congress and administration are spending money at astronomical rates, and you're celebrating in the streets.

when the real fight is government vs. America.

It isn't Government vs. America.

Its the rich and powerful bankers and oil/defense men vs. the rest of us.

Its class warefare.

Rich vs poor/middle class.

And trust me, none of you fall into the category of rich.

There is a such thing as being too rich for Democracy.

So now we're to limit a person's success? You're just TOO much. America, the land of opportunity! But if you seize that opportunity, we're going to stop you eventually!

We take back the Federal Reserve. That way rich bankers don't control our economy and our debt isn't collecting interest.

Agreed.

And get rid of lobbyists.

Like the ones your boy appointed to office.

Corporations should pay all the taxes, not the workers. No income tax.

Then corporations raise the cost of goods. We'd end up paying them anyway. What difference does it make?

If we need a bridge, charge a bridge tax. When the bridge is built, end the bridge tax.

Then taxes would be constantly changing, as in on a daily basis changing. People would never be able to budget their spending because they wouldn't know when they would have to pay what tax.

Stay within the budget.

Ha, because Obama is on the right track already!

Raise taxes on the rich to pay off the debt. When the debt is paid off, they will still be rich. Go figure.

Seriously, your hatred for the rich is what's causing the class warfare. Raise taxes on EVERYONE and STOP SPENDING AS IF WE HAVE UNLIMITED FUNDS, and the debt will be paid off in a couple of years. THEN lower EVERYONE'S taxes.

Bring manufacturing jobs back home.

You're an idiot, you know that? You want us to bring jobs back, and you want us to tax the rich and the corporations, and you want us to raise wages. But you want to bring jobs back? You're countering your own points.

Raise wages

Agreed.

Throw illegals out

Agreed.

Raise SS benefits

Are you talking about retirement benefits? If so, I disagree. Remove retirement benefits. Let people keep their money to plan for their own retirement. If they blow all the money, fuck em. They need to learn responsibility. Do you realize that every dollar that goes into SS is money that COULD go into the economy? Instead it's sitting in the Federal Reserve earning nothing.

If you're talking about benefits for the disabled, I don't agree either. These people get plenty to live off of. They have luxuries that most working families can't afford.

Nationalize medicine but you can buy better than the basic so still capitalistic

No thanks. I've seen how the government handles social programs. I don't want them controlling my healthcare as well. It's a big enough mess as it is. If you let the government get a hand in on it, it'll be even worse.

Then when everything is good, lower taxes on everyone.

Good by whose standards?

Now the rich can show that they pay the majority of the taxes, and that is true.

But that doesn't mean they are paying enough.

To you, it will never be enough until you rob them of every dollar they ever worked for, while you want to give those that don't work more.

They certainly didn't pay for Iraq.

Why should they? The majority of Americans supported that war. We are all responsible. We should all foot the bill.

But they say the rich won't hire or spend any money if we raise their taxes. Bullshit. If the economy picks up, they'll hire more people to handle all the new business they get. And a good economy is the only way to increase wages.

Sure, they'll hire new people if you raise their taxes, but who says they'll hire those people in the US if the taxes are too high?

Anyways, Republicans say you don't raise taxes during a recession, and we might be inclined to listen to them, if they would have listened to us when we told them you don't cut taxes during a time of war.

So, basically, you're no better than Republicans. Because the idea came from the other side of the aisle, you stick your fingers in your ears and act like a child. Congratulations, you're more of the same.

But the people who vote for them are.

I say the same for anyone who votes for "change" and gets "more of the same" and yet doesn't realize it. Obama's pissing on your back, telling you it's raining, AND taking your umbrella.

You American voters are down right stupid.
You're not an American? Or a voter?

And YOU, the idiot who gets his "news" spoonfed from Media Matters and Huffington, the Huff-Puff, and just regurgitates it, have the nerve to call ANYONE stupid?

Where's your thread on how Media Matters apologized for lying to you, and where they published their retraction?

And YOU, the idiot who gets his "news" spoonfed from Media Matters and Huffington, the Huff-Puff, and just regurgitates it, have the nerve to call ANYONE stupid?

Where's your thread on how Media Matters apologized for lying to you, and where they published their retraction?

Hey, Huffington Post broke the story last year on exec bonus. You didn't pay attention until Fox lied about Dodd.

So you guys only care because Dodd was responsible?

You didn't care last year when Huffington broke the story. Why?

And yes you fucking house slaves. I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to the guy before you who replied to me in such a long cut up reply that I can't begin to respond.

But yes, there is a point when someone becomes too rich for democracy, which is exactly why we have the death tax.

Sorry friend, but your pointing fingers at the non-leftist on this are hilarious. It's the Democratic party that is now allowing the Fed to continue in its ways. Stop living in the past, start living in the present. Presently, this Democratic Congress and administration are spending money at astronomical rates, and you're celebrating in the streets.

So now we're to limit a person's success? You're just TOO much. America, the land of opportunity! But if you seize that opportunity, we're going to stop you eventually!

Then corporations raise the cost of goods. We'd end up paying them anyway. What difference does it make?

Seriously, your hatred for the rich is what's causing the class warfare. Raise taxes on EVERYONE and STOP SPENDING AS IF WE HAVE UNLIMITED FUNDS, and the debt will be paid off in a couple of years. THEN lower EVERYONE'S taxes.

You're an idiot, you know that? You want us to bring jobs back, and you want us to tax the rich and the corporations, and you want us to raise wages. But you want to bring jobs back? You're countering your own points.

Why should they? The majority of Americans supported that war. We are all responsible. We should all foot the bill.

[/QUOTE]

The Dems won't end the Fed Reserve until more of you wake up. But you see they are open to socializing/nationalizing them, which is the same thing as taking it back.

Yes, you limit someone's success if he us ruining his corporation to become rich. Or fucking with the stock of the company because they are playing a short term game. Yes, absolutely limit what the rich can and can not do. Because the most harmful things they did over the last 8 years, were legal. They got rich on short selling and they gambled our long term savings to do it. You fucking monkey.

Thomas Jefferson warned more about the rich and corporations than he did government corruption. Do you think T. Jefferson hated the rich? Do you think FDR hated the rich?

I don't hate the rich, they piss on you my broke ass brother.

You don't even know what rich is.

Go ahead corporations and raise the cost of your goods. If you do, we won't buy your shit.

But don't look to save money by cutting wages, unless it is the executives wages.

You seem to have forgotten that this country is all about people, not corporations. Corporations do their business if first they serve the public interest.

FIRST!!! Not second.

The majority of Americans supported the war in 2003, maybe 2004, but then we found out we were lied to.

After that, who supported the war? You and the rich people that benefitted from it. Oil and Defense.

Mostly Republican voters. So you should pay for it.

And since the rich mostly belong to the GOP, they should pay for it.

Iraq oil should pay for Iraq. But the oil companies are keeping that revenue. So who's paying for Iraq? The tax payers. So when Bush gave the tax break to the rich, he sort of put more of the burden on us, huh?

You don't even get it.

PS. If you don't manufacture 70% of your product inside America, you can't sell it here.

What would be so wrong about that?

And if you manufacture in America, that means you pay American wages.

Sorry if the cost of goods goes up because of it. So what? Pay a little more.

But with a strong economy, sales will be fine.

How is business now stupid?

Why aren't sales great if we are getting all this cheap shit from overseas? Why aren't the rich spending the money they got from Bush?

Why did we find out that the rich put all their money in Switzerland instead?

You are a fucking right wing bitch. I swear. :cuckoo:

I'll admit, the corporate media fucks with my head too sometimes. Then I snap out of it and realize that I'm being manipulated.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

You don't even believe the media is corporate, not liberal.

If it were liberal, it would fight the man. Instead, the man owns the media.

Forum List

Back