the 9/11 attack

CSM said:
Sorry about your dog; I know pets can be like family for some. Pets are a source of emergency food in my view.

Figures.

jimnyc said:
Sorry about your dog. I'm quite the pet lover myself and would be devastated if something happened to my dog.

The reputation system gets lots of use here. Approximately 50-75 reps are given out daily and it's been increasing almost every day.

A negative rep shouldn't make you proud. You can still disagree with the majority and earn their respect. Receiving props for your posts while most disagree would be a badge of honor.

I'd agree with that if everyone handed out reputation based on logic. But many are handed out based on emotion, particularly anger.

And sorry about the dog Wade.

CSM said:
Sorry about your dog; I know pets can be like family for some. Pets are a source of emergency food in my view.

:(:(:( :blowup:

Sir Evil said:
spoken like the true whiner that you are! can't take the fact that you are not so well liked huh?:rolleyes:

Regarding the ratings, I guess if youre worried about them this isnt the place for you....but jeez Sir Evil that avatar really gives me the creeps....really really gives me the creeps. Makes me think you must be a soft hearted cutie in real life.

wade said:
Baxter_small.jpg

Baxter - 12/28/03-10/21/04

Picture taken just hours before he got out and got hit and died.

The whole family is heartbroken about it.​

Wade, I am so sorry for you all. It makes it all the more clear to never take the ones we love, family, friends, and pets for granted. Each day that we share is so precious and sometimes all we are left with is the greatfullness to have shared a few moments of time together.

CSM said:
Just because I am not overly fond of animals doesn't make me a bad guy ya know. There are many many reasons why I'm a bad guy, but that isn't one of them.

Look at the studies CMS. Non-pet lovers have a much much higher incidence of violent behavior and tend to be much more selfish in general than pet lovers. You can usually tell what kind of person someone is by how they treat and interact with their pets.

9/11 could not have possibly been a conspiracy and Bush/ government could not possibly be behind it. An attack on such a large scale as 9/11 with so many eye-witnesses is not exactly an easy conspiracy to pull off.

I have seen the pictures and video clips of the planes, that supposedly are not actually American Airlines or United Airlines planes, but some unmarked government planes. I've seen those same pictures and video clips that supposedly show a dome mounted under the planes, wich supposedly are either holding missiles, or bombs, or are some sort of device allowing the planes to be controlled by remote control, rather than an actual pilot. I've also seen the videos which supposedly show a flash about 1/3 of a second before one of the planes hits the towers, supposedly being a missile firing or a bomb being detonated. My whole view on these photos and video clips: CRAP!!

First off, airline flights are monitored and tracked like you don't know. It is impossible for a plane to take off, and land somewhere it was not supposed to, without that being known. Second, just as air traffic control monitors the planes in the air, ground crew monitors the planes when on the ground, and at the gate. There is no way any of those American Airlines or United Airlines flights took off with domes attached to them, and no way that the planes took off and just diverted to some other field and no way that the planes did not take off at all, without someone knowing. At an airport not only are there so many ground crew and air traffic control monitoring the plane, but think of all of the passengers and other eye-witnesses. If the American Airlines and United Airlines flights were not involved, but instead some government aircraft, then where are those American and United planes at? Where are the passengers?

There is way too much that would have had to be pulled off for a conspiracy to work and too many things that can go wrong. On a scale this large, there is too many eye-witnesses. To believe that Bush and the government were behind 9/11 is ridiculous!!

I agree the idea that there was a conspiracy involved in the 911 attacks specifically is pretty outlandish.

The argument would be that the government knew some kind of attack was comming, and choose not to get too worked up about it, figuring it would not be nearly so severe as the 911 attack actually was, and that it would then allow the government to undertake a much more milaristic policy.

I tend to think that argument is pretty silly too.

wade said:
Look at the studies CMS. Non-pet lovers have a much much higher incidence of violent behavior and tend to be much more selfish in general than pet lovers. You can usually tell what kind of person someone is by how they treat and interact with their pets.

Horse puckey. Because I dont have a pet you are accussing me of being violent and selfish? You have no idea what I am like as a person.

wade said:

A) Bush has two dogs and a cat which are treated quite well and he seems to have very good rapport with them from what I've seen. Therefore, he is non-violent, unselfish and compassionate, right?

B) On the other hand, Kerry supposedly revived a hamster with CPR.

No wonder there are so many undecideds!

The truth is I have had pets in the past. Four dogs over different periods in my life. I had to eventually put each one to sleep. I absolutely hated doing it, but I could not let the dogs suffer. After the last one, I swore I would never own another pet because I just could not stand the emotional pain associated with having to put a truly innocent and beloved friend to death; especially one that trusted me implicitly.

There, now ya know.

I have seen other pet owners who were absolutely viscious in their treatment of animals. Pet ownership or lack thereof says absolutely nothing about a person.

CSM said:
The truth is I have had pets in the past. Four dogs over different periods in my life. I had to eventually put each one to sleep. I absolutely hated doing it, but I could not let the dogs suffer. After the last one, I swore I would never own another pet because I just could not stand the emotional pain associated with having to put a truly innocent and beloved friend to death; especially one that trusted me implicitly.

There, now ya know.

I have seen other pet owners who were absolutely viscious in their treatment of animals. Pet ownership or lack thereof says absolutely nothing about a person.

It was the "emergency food" comment I was refering too.

I understand the pain of euthenasia, but watching someone suffer is far worse. Fortuanely, we now have somewhat effective euthenasia for humans - it's called "hospice care". It is too bad that it was brought about because of economics, not compassion, but it's still good it is finally here.

CSM said:

If you own a pet and care for it, it's likely that you will face the decision about ending its life. People who care about and for their animals take good care of them. The result is that the animal tends to live well beyond its normal life expectancy. As its health deteriorates, you are now faced with having to decide if your efforts are for the pet or for yourself.

I've had one or two dogs in my family all my life. Only two died on their own of old age. Others got very old and were sustained by medication, but reached a point where their quality of life was poor.

Making the decision to end the life of a four footed family member is one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I deal with it in my own way. I hate euphemisms, so the test for my decision was when I could say "It's time to have the dog killed." Now that may sound brutal to some, but that is my way of ensuring that I have arrived at the correct decision and that I can live with it. I can't stand the phrase "put to sleep". Dammit, the dog is not going to wake up.

CSM one of the things for which your dog relied upon you was to put an end to his suffering when the time was right. I know exactly how you feel. But the joy of having a four footed furball around the house outweighs the pain of having to end its life.

And Wade - cute critter. My condolences on your loss.

Forum List

Back