The 8 Poorest states in the nation....What do they have in common?

Right wingers like to pick on Detroit and Chicago as an "example" of how dismal democrats' policies have been in fighting off minorities' economic woes......However, these 8 states are the poorest ones and guess who runs the governors' mansions and state legislatures.....

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Facts speak for themselves....and speak loudly as to why minorities DO NOT TRUST republican rhetoric...starting with Trump's "what the hell do you have to lose"......

Here are some facts for you, you ill informed Libtard, everyone of those "poor states" are agricultural. They grow the food you shove into your ungrateful pie hole. They don't have the light industry or high tech positions to provide jobs and income. Mostly they have minimum wage jobs excluding a handful of professionals. I grew up in SC which used to be the textile center of the world. Thanks to the EPA, IRS and labor laws those once mighty factories are now located over seas and the buildings are either vacant or are used by flea markets.
California is Agricultural too....6th rated economy in the world. And a great deal of the food you "shove into your ungrateful pie hole" comes from here....CDFA > STATISTICS

I don't eat fruits and nuts...

I eat cows..

View attachment 87799

CA is in the top 10 for cattle production as well...4th in fact.

Cattle Inventory: Ranking of all 50 states | Cattle Network
California's in fine shape till 2019, when Gov Brown's term runs out. Then, anything goes. They might, might, return to the dark days of a Republican in the governor's mansion and budget deficits.

Well, Maine and New Jersey have second term Republican governors, for one. Is that what you mean?

I don't know where Miss Lass got that list, but several sources claim California to have the 6th largest economy in the world, which I have just posted. Connecticut is hardly fiscally in distress and neither is New York state. She's full of it.

According to CNBC, she ain't all that wrong:

These states face huge budget holes

You're dealing with a dimwit that thinks because an economy is huge it's in good shape. Left turds will never understand deficits, budgets or debt

If your list was anywhere accurate this country would be in a recession rivaling 2008.

1% annual growth ain't a good thing dingbat.

Well, Maine and New Jersey have second term Republican governors, for one. Is that what you mean?

I don't know where Miss Lass got that list, but several sources claim California to have the 6th largest economy in the world, which I have just posted. Connecticut is hardly fiscally in distress and neither is New York state. She's full of it.

You're dealing with a dimwit that thinks because an economy is huge it's in good shape. Left turds will never understand deficits, budgets or debt

If your list was anywhere accurate this country would be in a recession rivaling 2008.

Sure beats negative growth. Been there, done that, no more Republican economic fantasyland.

Sure beats negative growth. Been there, done that, no more Republican economic fantasyland.

That's a glowing assessment of Obama economics!

California's in fine shape till 2019, when Gov Brown's term runs out. Then, anything goes. They might, might, return to the dark days of a Republican in the governor's mansion and budget deficits.

Barbara Boxer as the next CA Gov.????

Obama is pretty moderate, so it would be inaccurate to call him Republican.

Right wingers like to pick on Detroit and Chicago as an "example" of how dismal democrats' policies have been in fighting off minorities' economic woes......However, these 8 states are the poorest ones and guess who runs the governors' mansions and state legislatures.....

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Facts speak for themselves....and speak loudly as to why minorities DO NOT TRUST republican rhetoric...starting with Trump's "what the hell do you have to lose"......

The intent of the O/P was simple......

When Trump, rhetorically asks,"what the hell do you have to lose"...minorities when switching to a vote for the GOP, is to RISK in states where a large number of minorities reside...like, CA, WA, VA, OH, etc. to become as squalid as the above mentioned states that HAVE long had GOP leadership.

That was the entire intent and objective of the post.
Translation: "I re-posted a sound-byte that sounded good and seemed to fit my agenda, only to get my ass kicked fairly thoroughly with a variety of solid counterpoints and challenges regarding both data and data-interpretation, and, now that the thread has degenerated into an 'I call bullshit on the OP' festival, I'm trying to weasel my way out."

Message received... so noted.

Mississippi
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Kentucky
Tennessee
Louisiana
South Carolina

Here are some facts for you, you ill informed Libtard, everyone of those "poor states" are agricultural. They grow the food you shove into your ungrateful pie hole. They don't have the light industry or high tech positions to provide jobs and income. Mostly they have minimum wage jobs excluding a handful of professionals. I grew up in SC which used to be the textile center of the world. Thanks to the EPA, IRS and labor laws those once mighty factories are now located over seas and the buildings are either vacant or are used by flea markets.
California is Agricultural too....6th rated economy in the world. And a great deal of the food you "shove into your ungrateful pie hole" comes from here....CDFA > STATISTICS

I eat cows..

View attachment 87799

Yeah owing 285 billion in unfunded pension debt is a glowing assessment

No. Cheap gas and excessive emissions bankrupted coal.

True, but its more convenient for right wing imbeciles to blame Obama...After all, FOX tells them to.....

So hillary never said this ?

Why do you keep on embarrassing your self when you know I am here?

Hillary Clinton: "We Are Going To Put A Lot Of Co…:

Yes....she most certainly did....
So for example, I'm the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right?

And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories.

Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on.

Apparently the GOP DOES want to forget those people.

How long can you guys keep up with this charade? What do you think I was born yesterday?The EPA has been attacking coal for decades, sure you write more rules and regulations for a cheap product of course costs go up.

And no I don't watch fox ...

I read and educate myself about a subject from multiple sources liberal and conservative

Coal Industry Fighting for Survival on 7 Fronts

Across the industry, old plants like this one are closing under the weight of a broad range of federal regulations, and under competitive pressure from natural gas and renewables. Nearly 200 have closed in the last five years. Dozens more are nearing the brink.

This closure illustrates just how many forces have been assembled on one side of the so-called war on coal. For decades, coal has been fighting for its survival on many different regulatory fronts at once, from limiting climate-warming carbon to lung-scarring pollutants to water-soiling waste. The regulations are often looked at and judged in isolation, but they work in concert, and their combined power has gathered so much force that even Duke, which had resisted ending the use of coal in Asheville, now calls it a "win-win-win" for the company, the community, and the environment.

Indeed

I was thinking more to the order of......

Incompetent

I eat cows..

View attachment 87799

Yeah owing 285 billion in unfunded pension debt is a glowing assessment

Liberals never look at that, they think they can kick the can down the road forever and now look at Detroit And illinois...and it's not even liberals last I read something like 30 states have some type of pension fund trouble.

Funny he won't mention also I think three city's in California filed for bankruptcy ...

Last edited:

Indeed

Incompetent
Didn't pull our asses out of the fire fast enough for you?

You're welcome, nevertheless.

%24100%20Map-state-01.png

The added homebuyer value means that realtors are more desperate.

The poorest states are always going to have lower prices tags on that scale. Hench, why the states with the most poverty on that map give the most value for homebuyers.

More then that..I pay $1.59 a pack for my smokes.
You still smoke? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought we had this conversation before? Yea I switched to mini cigars..

It will keep me alive longer, I figure you want to force me to buy obama care, I am going to make you pay and get my money back. 10 fold in hospital costs.when I am 85 :)

In scarlet red Mississippi the poverty rate is as about 23%....Be proud, right wingers.
Here are a few more facts about "scarlet red Mississippi"

According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Mississippi is 37 percent black, while non-Hispanic whites are 58 percent of the population. The state boasts the largest number of black elected officials.

In scarlet red Mississippi the poverty rate is as about 23%....Be proud, right wingers.
Here are a few more facts about "scarlet red Mississippi"

According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Mississippi is 37 percent black, while non-Hispanic whites are 58 percent of the population. The state boasts the largest number of black elected officials.

I don't mean to interfere with your imbecility, but blacks were elected to what economic and social, decision-making positions?

Check out both the ethnicity AND party affiliation of the state' Gov. Lt Gov., state's house, state's senate, the 2 US senators, the representatives to the US house, etc.......and make sure you get back to us.

Indeed

Incompetent
Didn't pull our asses out of the fire fast enough for you?

You're welcome, nevertheless.

You had your ass in a fire?

Wow, like I'd listen to you!

New Topics

Forum List

Back