The 6 Types Of Lieutenants That You Just Can’t Avoid In The Military

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This is for my fellow vets. We've all been there and ran into these types. If we reached the NCO ranks, we found ourselves far too close to some of them.

Lieutenants never get much respect. What do you expect, though? You send a 22-year-old new college grad to officer candidates school for a few weeks and expect him to be in charge of a platoon of grizzled combat veterans… What could possibly go wrong? It’s the brain-damaged leading the blind. Every rank has some major archetypes, and lieutenants are no different. Here are six types you’re probably already familiar with.

1. Lt Clueless (But will never admit it)

2. Lt Tacticool

3. Lt Beast

4. Lt Nerd

5. Lt Mustang (I'm torn on these. Some good and some too damned arrogant)

6. Lt Niedermeyer - trolls the parking lot for salutes and goes loco when someone doesn't

Explanations and videos @ The 6 Types Of Lieutenants That You Just Can't Avoid In The Military

You send a freaking gang member with a equiv. H.S. grad to a hurry up basic training and pretend that he is the ultimate leader and meanwhile you ridicule college grads who get the best training in the world in Military leadership. What's wrong with this cliche?

most of the officers I knew in the USMC were just fine--including LTs

most of the officers I knew in the USMC were just fine--including LTs

+1 for the USAF LTs. Most of them are just trying to do a good job and will take advice or suggestions. As a SRNCO I always felt it was part of my job to help them out if I could. Maybe I was lucky, I didn't run into too many asshats.

Forum List

Back