The 501c3 designation is what has destroyed the church

The only restrictions on free speech applies to government. You don’t have a right to free speech at work, right? Does that bother you?

And for the record, I’m not proposing laws or regulations. We already have too many of those. I am proposing common sense. Common decency.

It is not decent to use a position of religious trust as a vehicle to promote men. Especially when it comes to politics. Whatever happens between congregants is one thing, but the institution should not be promoting candidates.

Ideals and values? Yes.
of course I have free speech at work,,,I may work for an asshole but hes a tolerant asshole,,,
now he might fire me for calling him an asshole but he will regret it since we are the same person,,,

who are you to say what common sense and decency is to others???

to me your an asshole if you think you can tell others what they can or cant say in their own house,,theres nothing decent about that,,,in fact its pure evil,,,

I dont understand why you are so afraid of people speaking freely in their own churchs/houses,,,
You actually don’t. Go ask your employer. Better yet, test it by telling your coworkers things your employer disagrees with. Keep doing it over and over again. Then after you get fired try suing him for infringing on your free speech. Then you will discover I am right.

why would I sue my boss for telling me what I cant say on his property???

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

you still dont understand only government can infringe on free speech,,,
There you have it. No free speech.

and your point is???
Over your head.

of course I have free speech at work,,,I may work for an asshole but hes a tolerant asshole,,,
now he might fire me for calling him an asshole but he will regret it since we are the same person,,,

who are you to say what common sense and decency is to others???

to me your an asshole if you think you can tell others what they can or cant say in their own house,,theres nothing decent about that,,,in fact its pure evil,,,

I dont understand why you are so afraid of people speaking freely in their own churchs/houses,,,
You actually don’t. Go ask your employer. Better yet, test it by telling your coworkers things your employer disagrees with. Keep doing it over and over again. Then after you get fired try suing him for infringing on your free speech. Then you will discover I am right.

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

we are talking about churchs and not what I can say on another persons property,,,

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

we are talking about churchs and not what I can say on another persons property,,,

what makes you think there is a difference ... maybe if you paid rent for your basement room your parents might lighten up a little.

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

what makes you think there is a difference ... maybe if you paid rent for your basement room your parents might lighten up a little.
you mother fuckers are to stupid to understand that free speech only applies to the government,,,
you wouldnt let me come in your house and tell you what a little fucking whore your wife is would you???

When a church takes the 501c3 non profit designation it becomes beholden to the state. It is for all intents and purposes a bribe that was accepted in exchange for the church operating to specifics such as what they can and can’t say as part of their service.

“God’s Law, given to Moses for the people of Israel, forbade the taking of a bribe, “for a bribe blinds the discerning and perverts the words of the righteous” (Exodus 23:8). The same rule is repeated in Deuteronomy 16:19: “You shall not pervert justice; you shall not show partiality, nor take a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous.”

You can look your church up through the IRS’s search portal for 501c3 designated churches. If your church happens to be one, I suggest you switch. I know that’s going to be difficult to do because of the way human patterns and behavior work but it’s something to consider.
..the bible is irrelevant to it .....if they are helping people without profit , fine--no tax
You’re missing the point. You all are. None of the churches should be taxed simply because they shouldn’t be taxed, not because they owe something in return for this gift. The government bribed the church with a tax free designation and they accepted it, and in exchange gave up a certain part of their right to free speech. That’s the point I’m trying to make. Why would you want to go to a church that literally can’t say certain things the government says they can’t?
The point is that this is a non-issue, as already correctly noted.

If a church takes a ‘bribe,’ the fault and its consequences rests solely with the church, not government.

And no right to free speech is ‘given up.’

Indeed, it can be said that there is a benefit to attending a 501c3 church, as one wouldn’t be subject to subjective political dogma – one goes to church to practice his faith, not be subject to religious indoctrination; most Christian denominations are not politically homogeneous.

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

Property has nothing to do with it.

You can be posting on the internet from your own home and your employer can fire you if he doesn’t like what you post.

You have no free speech other than the government cannot put you in jail for your speech. And even that has limitations.

HIS HIS PROPERTY!!!

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

You can be posting on the internet from your own home and your employer can fire you if he doesn’t like what you post.

You have no free speech other than the government cannot put you in jail for your speech. And even that has limitations.

hers a little free speech for you,,,

your a stupid fucking idiot that should have been aborted,,,

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

Bless your heart.

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

Bless your heart.

youre so fucking stupid you dont even know that its only the government that can violate my free speech

Over your head.

how so??

Bless your heart.

youre so fucking stupid you dont even know that its only the government that can violate my free speech
Except it was my saying exactly that that started your melt down.

how so??

Bless your heart.

how so??

Bless your heart.

how so??

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

you mother fuckers are to stupid to understand that free speech only applies to the government,,,
you wouldnt let me come in your house and tell you what a little fucking whore your wife is would you???

to the strictest limits, fire in a theater, you have the right to say whatever you please, just do not expect being invited to thanksgiving dinner.

that is not the prerogative of the church either to restrict speech from the pulpit they just use their literature to make what they say seem infallible. the u s constitution is a state document and is secular.

and your point is???
Over your head.

how so??

to the strictest limits, fire in a theater, you have the right to say whatever you please, just do not expect being invited to thanksgiving dinner.

that is not the prerogative of the church either to restrict speech from the pulpit they just use their literature to make what they say seem infallible. the u s constitution is a state document and is secular.

but its not illegal to say fire in a theater,,,

Over your head.

how so??

And in fact the line from Justice Holmes in Schenck v. United States is “The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic.

your point is poorly taken ...

how so??

And in fact the line from Justice Holmes in Schenck v. United States is “The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic.

your point is poorly taken ...

poorly taken on your part not mine,,,,

Somebody find us court cases against a church involving 501.c3, and lets look at those. I'm guessing nobody will, since they will read them first and then avoid making themselves look like idiots. Nobody wants to help Kenneth Copeland dodge taxes on his personal comps re using the church's jet 100's of times for commuting to his lodge in Colorado, for instance.

Somebody find us court cases against a church involving 501.c3, and lets look at those.

there are no cases because the government doesnt want this to go to court because it will show it to be a violation of the 1st A

there are many churchs openly speaking about politics and sending the videos to the IRS wanting them to bring it to court,,,

Forum List

Back