The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56

We interrupt the Lefty diversion from real issues to announce the latest high watermark in the historic Obama Presidency:

CNSNews.com)- In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.'

The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56 | CNSNews.com

Congrats, I guess.

You do of course realize that the fault lies with Bush...

“today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay — and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

- B. Hussein, 2009

Fail.

Next contestant.

The National Debt on the first day of the first Obama fiscal year-11,920,519,164,319.42
The National Debt today-15,667,467,925,869.05
Someone's math is a little off?
Not to discount the fact that after Obama leaves office that he will go down as the biggest and fastest spender of all presidents in the history of the US, but someone is exaggerating. But then CNS was used as a reference. During the first 9 months that CNS included, the US was operating under the Bush fical year's budget.

The National Debt on the first day of the first Obama fiscal year

He passed his "stimulus" well before his fiscal year started.
Also, Bush "spent" TARP money which was repaid under Obama.
Why should Bush be charged for that and Obama credited?
TARP really isn't an issue we are discussing or arguing about. TARP has been paid back.

TARP was hundreds of billions, spent under Bush, repaid under Obama.
Back it out of both.

How does anyone spend so much money like that and have nothing to show for it? Where did all that money go? Is it all still in circulation, or does someone out there have it stuffed in a mattress for a rainy day? After spending that much money I would have expected to see the USA looking $5,027,761,476,484.56 more fancier than before. But instead the USA is looking damn ghetto lately.

This is so disgusting. People get divorced over financial irresponsibility and debt far less than this. I think it's time for the states to get a divorce from Uncle Sham. How can a government be so damn irresponsible. I probably shouldn't be so surprised considering many Americans are just as irresponsible and also deep in debt. Ignorant. How can some humans be such idiots? Gawd I'm glad that I'm not one of THEM debt dopes!

Forum List

Back