The 5 best sentences you'll read

Aug 19, 2011
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read: Unfortunately, most voters don't know this.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Maybe try re-thinking what some of these statements really mean.
It sure seems that the powerful and rich can get legislation to allow them to do as they please.
But this would not resonate with some on the board.
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
But you can legislate some into being poor.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
Such as fair liveable wage for work.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
You mean rights and ability to gain access to your legislator(s).
However, you can mulitiply the wealth to the wealthy by robbing the workers.

It sure seems that the powerful and rich can get legislation to allow them to do as they please.

you've had one too many boilermaker's buddy.

Here's another truth, there is no such thing as a free markets. All markets are the creation of government.
Don't think so? If you have a sales agreement with some one else and they fail to pay, who enforces your contract? The government of course (the courts). If you have an employment contract and are not paid or fired without cause, who enforces your contract? The government of course. If you own a lot of land and someone is taking raw material off it for their own commercial use, who enforces your property rights? The government of course.

The point is that the idea of a "free market" is false. Markets are created by governments and therefore governments have the right to make and enforce rules to be sure that a market which is as free as possible is also fair. By the way China exporting to the US at 2% tariff while we are hit with 20%export tariffs on goods sent to China doesn't sound all that free and it certainly isn't fair.

But you can legislate some into being poor. you mean by taxing the hell out of us untill we close our business, then where are you going to get your stuff? By creating so many rules and regulations that many small businesses go out of business. Suppose ALL of us closed businesses: are YOU willing to grow all your own food, fix your own car, build your own car, etc.? Why don't YOU start a business and work hard and get rich?
Such as fair liveable wage for work. This means that we are taxed to death to pay for people who REFUSE TO WORK. Get training for a better job, be willing to work hard. Do you really think big business owners just laze around all day? They work practically 24/7. I am not rich but by god I resent my taxes going to some loafter who does nothing and then expects to pick up a welfare check.
You mean rights and ability to gain access to your legislator(s). we all have the same rights and acceess to our legislators. I access my legislater every little bit
However, you can mulitiply the wealth to the wealthy by robbing the workers. WHO is robbing the workers? if any it's the other way around. By the time the owns meet the union demands of higher and higher salaies, meet the mounting government regulations, etc., they can't afford to keep producing the product we all want and pay the people too, so something has to give. Either lay off or lower salaries. if they are not producing anything to sell, NOBODY gets paid, not even the business owner. you think a doctor gets paid when he sees no patients? No he doesn't. YOu think Boeing makes money if nobody is buying the planes? I'd suggest you take Enconomy 101 at your nearest community college.

Last edited:
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read: Unfortunately, most voters don't know this.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Sounds like common sense to me.

:clap2:

Those are all good true statements. But they are hardly the best sentences i'll ever here. I would actually prefer these:

1) You're check for $ 1 million dollars is in the mail.
2) It's a boy (or girl)
3) Your honeymoon awaits
4) I've decided to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior and be baptized
5) You are now completely healthy and free from any medical problems
6) Well done thou good and faithful servant.
7) Hello Mr. President

Im sure I could think of others if I thought about it. But I think I would find those sentences to be much better to the truths you just wrote.

Those are all good true statements. But they are hardly the best sentences i'll ever here. I would actually prefer these:

2) It's a boy (or girl)
3) Your honeymoon awaits
7) Hello Mr. President

Im sure I could think of others if I thought about it. But I think I would find those sentences to be much better to the truths you just wrote.

Breaking news 1/20/2013, New President "Anybody but obama" has be sworn into office.

Here's another truth, there is no such thing as a free markets. All markets are the creation of government.
Don't think so? If you have a sales agreement with some one else and they fail to pay, who enforces your contract? The government of course (the courts). If you have an employment contract and are not paid or fired without cause, who enforces your contract? The government of course. If you own a lot of land and someone is taking raw material off it for their own commercial use, who enforces your property rights? The government of course.

The point is that the idea of a "free market" is false. Markets are created by governments and therefore governments have the right to make and enforce rules to be sure that a market which is as free as possible is also fair. By the way China exporting to the US at 2% tariff while we are hit with 20%export tariffs on goods sent to China doesn't sound all that free and it certainly isn't fair.

Hell wihosa -- no one is complaining that we have a rule of law. Or a Constitution for that matter.. That doesn't make the idea of markets any "less free". The markets NEVER places where you can just "have your way" with some unfortunate fool.. Plenty of other NATURAL -- non-governmental restrainsts on "free markets". I'll repeat some for ya...

1) You mentioned civil law..
2) Competition for market share..
3) Consumer Respect and Satisfaction.
4) Contract law (slightly different than personal damages -- enforces contracts biz to biz and lays out responsibilities for any civil damages)
5) StakeHolder interests.

You are NOT gonna succeed in a free market unless you satisfy and comply with ALL those non-governmental restrainsts on your actions.. THEN you get to fight for economic freedom against the govt who believes it ccan micro-manage every aspect of your life and biz.

Last edited:
Wow... yeah, lay off the boilermakers. Your logic is making lots of connections that do not exist.

2) It's a boy (or girl)
3) Your honeymoon awaits
7) Hello Mr. President

Actually#6 should probably be #1.

Just sayin. ;)

Forum List

Back