The 40 Year Old Virgin

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
This one was way better than the previews made it look. The movie manages to put a lot of insane, random type humor (like "Anchorman") in the movie and at the same time actually have a good story and characters you care about. At its heart, it's a love story, but there are a lot of hilarious jokes in it, too. And, personally, I think it's nice to see an R-Rated comedy that doesn't just cater to teenage boys.

Judd Apatow has got to be the king of comedy with heart (he also did Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared).

And Paul Rudd has officially become one of my favorite comedic actors. With Anchorman, Wet Hot American Summer, and now this, he is becoming quite the supporting actor. Which isn't to take anything away from the star of the show, Steve Carrell proves he's ready to take his career to the Ferrell level, though I don't think he'll find that level of fame anytime soon.

I saw this friday night and I'm telling you -except for a couple parts which didn't make sense flow-wise, this movie was FANTASTIC!! WELL DONE ! :)

-except for a couple parts which didn't make sense flow-wise,

What parts are you talking about?

SPOILERS!

Are you talking about the song at the end? I agree that it was a little jarring compared with the style of the movie up until that point, but I did like it a lot, and looking back I couldn't really think of a better way to end it.

But, I do think that ending would've worked better if the movie was more of an anything-goes, completely insane comedy like Anchorman.

I may have actually liked this more than Anchorman. It managed to be funny and still have characters and a story I actually cared about. I can't remember the last time I said that about a comedy.

Forum List

Back