The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is what the Obama Administration considers to be an economic recovery.

109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded "means-tested programs" — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

The Census Bureau has not yet reported how many were on welfare in 2013 or the first two quarters of 2014.

But the 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time.

The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare | CNS News

At a certain point, people who are paying for all this federal largesse are going to shrug. Some of us are there already, but more and more are saying "why bother?". Calls for increased taxation for the self-sufficient class are just accelerating the process.

I wonder how many low wage earners get gov't assistance? Of course if they are full time then I don't have a problem with them getting monetary help.

The Department of Agriculture is the agency that administers the food stamp program.
They are proud of their accomplishments in handling the record numbers of people receiving food stamps.

The Department of the Interior administers the national park system.
When you go to a national park you often see signs that say "Please don't feed the animals".

Their reasoning is that the animals will lose their ability/motivation to fend for themselves because of the free handouts.

just sayin'

This is what the Obama Administration considers to be an economic recovery.

109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded "means-tested programs" — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

The Census Bureau has not yet reported how many were on welfare in 2013 or the first two quarters of 2014.

But the 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time.

The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare | CNS News

You do realize that this is a crocked up figure don't you? For example, one of the programs is unemployment. No matter how long or short a person is on unemployment, they are counted. Some people, like construction workers, can be counted a dozen times in the same year.

Adding the various program participants together assures at least triple counting. Someone getting housing assistance, food assistance, and voc rehab is counted three times.

The folks who crock this stuff up are so obviously dishonest I wonder about the intellectual capacity of those who swallow it whole and pass it on. I have a bridge to sell you.

You do realize that this is a crocked up figure don't you? For example, one of the programs is unemployment. No matter how long or short a person is on unemployment, they are counted. Some people, like construction workers, can be counted a dozen times in the same year.

Well, bub...the same thing goes for how the Obamanoids count jobs. A once fulltime job that is now divided into three part time ones is counted as three jobs.

Hopenchange!

Well, bub...the same thing goes for how the Obamanoids count jobs. A once fulltime job that is now divided into three part time ones is counted as three jobs.

Hopenchange!

The BLS counts jobs exactly the same way as they did when Boosh was president. You are embarrassing yourself.

The Department of Agriculture is the agency that administers the food stamp program.
They are proud of their accomplishments in handling the record numbers of people receiving food stamps.

When you go to a national park you often see signs that say "Please don't feed the animals".

Their reasoning is that the animals will lose their ability/motivation to fend for themselves because of the free handouts.

just sayin'

Just sayin'? Just sayin' people in need are animals. It's been my experience that people that talk like you do about your fellow human beings have led sheltered lives and know very little about the real world..

just sayin'

Just sayin'? Just sayin' people in need are animals. It's been my experience that people that talk like you do about your fellow human beings have led sheltered lives and know very little about the real world..

Just saying the same principles apply for the same reasons. If people are given things for free and don't have to work for them they become dependent.

LMAO.. "sheltered life" ... "the real world"...

I'll bet my passport has more visa stamps than yours, son...but you believe whatever you need to. I couldn't care less.

Stupidity like you just displayed can't be cured... not with words anyway.

raising taxes will fix that.

also further devalued dollar will help, since those on it will need more.

search Cloward-Piven strategy, it will explain why they are doing this.

cranking up the printing presses and pushing the cost off

to our great grandchildren does wonders

Because it is three jobs....with 3 people employed. What you would see, however, is a drop in average hours and probably average wages. And from the household survey, you'd see an increase in part-time workers and a decrease in full time workers.

But to try to count 3 current jobs as one because the job scope used to be a single job is just stupid...and impossible to measure.

I believe it's more than 35% and we have more on it's way crossing our borders right now under Obama and his comrades while they go golfing

just sayin'
And they get aggressive if you don't feed them when they've gotten use to it.

A line I read over a year ago keeps coming up: Too late to fix things, too early to start shooting. I liken our current situation to the early stages of a zombie movie, but instead of the hoards moaning "brains", it's "welfare", or "wealth redistribution". Of course, all sane and moral people have an aversion to killing things that have the appearance of humans, so perhaps we are doomed to being overrun. They already have the numbers, so there is no political solution.

A couple of footnotes:

It seems the number of means tested benefits has been fairly constant for a long time and is actually diminishing now. (see pic)

Some of that is healthcare, which Obamacare is improving.

what OldFart said

A lot of seniors get foodstamps. Seniors % are growing

Unemployment due to the recession due to republicans

Corporate profits are going through the roof but wages are rapidly declining. It used to be that a full time job paid you enough to live on, no more, because companies are keeping the profit instead of paying (see pic). Trickle down does not work.
rich getting richer.jpg

Attachments

• entitlements percent gdp.png
    entitlements percent gdp.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 175
  • rich bush tax cuts.png
    rich bush tax cuts.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 160

just sayin'
And they get aggressive if you don't feed them when they've gotten use to it.

A line I read over a year ago keeps coming up: Too late to fix things, too early to start shooting. I liken our current situation to the early stages of a zombie movie, but instead of the hoards moaning "brains", it's "welfare", or "wealth redistribution". Of course, all sane and moral people have an aversion to killing things that have the appearance of humans, so perhaps we are doomed to being overrun. They already have the numbers, so there is no political solution.

Good point about the aggression.

Also good quote.."too late to fix things,but too early to start shooting"...I like that.
I think the dynamic is shifting, though. The worse they act, the more people's eyes are opened.

I don't think we'll be overrun. A large percentage of people see it for exactly what it is and won't allow it.

White liberals who think they're "safe" because they aren't "racists" will be the first ones they take out just because they're easier to get to.

When resources become scarce you'll see racial cohesion. It will make the balkans look like kids on a playground..

Last edited:
The BLS counts jobs exactly the same way as they did when Boosh was president. You are embarrassing yourself.

Bush didn't have a policy of destroying full time jobs and replacing them with part time ones. It wouldn't hurt for you to actually read the BLS reports. It's pretty clear you have no idea what is going on in the job markets.

Bush didn't have a policy of destroying full time jobs and replacing them with part time ones. It wouldn't hurt for you to actually read the BLS reports. It's pretty clear you have no idea what is going on in the job markets.
I've read them.
From Dec 2007 (start of the recession) to Jan 2009 (when Obama took office), full time workers went down 5.9 million and part time workers went up 1.6 million.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2009 (low point for employment) a further 5.3 million full time workers were lost and a further 1.1 million part time workers were gained.
From Dec 2009 to Jul 2014, full time workers went up 7.9 million and part time workers went up 0.6 million.
So...under Obama, full time workers have gone up 2.7 million and part time workers 1.7 million.

From the start of the recession, we're still down 3.1 million full-timers, and up 3.3 million part-timers, but I fail to see what you're looking that under Obama full time jobs are being replaced by part time, unless you're looking a short term selectively chosen month to month changes.

Forum List

Back