The 2nd amendment does not say "Except for felons" or "Except as provided by law". Why not?

The same one that allows it to enact legislation prohibiting murder.

And which of Congress' enumerated powers allows it to enact legislation prohibiting murder?
The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied (see McCulloch v. Maryland), as intended by the Founding Generation – this fact of law is settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

“But that's not in the Constitution” is a failed and ignorant 'argument.'

The Constitution affords Congress powers both expressed and implied (see McCulloch v. Maryland), as intended by the Founding Generation – this fact of law is settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

“But that's not in the Constitution” is a failed and ignorant 'argument.'

So you're saying that none of congress' enumerated powers allows it to enact legislation prohibiting gun control or murder. Thank you for acknowledging your disregard for the constitution. At least we know where you stand.

The same one that allows it to enact legislation prohibiting murder.

And which of Congress' enumerated powers allows it to enact legislation prohibiting murder?

The necessary and proper clause. It's a tricky bitch, that one. Think it gives you wide powers and you get slammed down like a bodyslam from Andre the Giant. Think it's been beaten back to obscurity and BAM! It unloads a can of whoop-ass right in your face.

Though by itself that's not enough. The commerce clause is also part of the equation.

The necessary and proper clause. It's a tricky bitch, that one. Think it gives you wide powers and you get slammed down like a bodyslam from Andre the Giant. Think it's been beaten back to obscurity and BAM! It unloads a can of whoop-ass right in your face.

Though by itself that's not enough. The commerce clause is also part of the equation.

Congress does indeed have the power to enact legislation that is necessary and proper to carry into execution its other powers. So you're saying that the power to regulate commerce among the states somehow allows legislation that criminalizes the keeping and bearing of arms by the people of the several states? How so?

Congress does indeed have the power to enact legislation that is necessary and proper to carry into execution its other powers. So you're saying that the power to regulate commerce among the states somehow allows legislation that criminalizes the keeping and bearing of arms by the people of the several states? How so?

Oh no, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you. You lack the requisite intelligence to comprehend it in the first place. Not to mention that you don't want to understand it anyway.

Oh no, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you. You lack the requisite intelligence to comprehend it in the first place. Not to mention that you don't want to understand it anyway.

You won't explain because you can't. You can't explain how keeping and bearing of arms by the people of the several states is in fact actually commerce among the several states.

You won't explain because you can't. You can't explain how keeping and bearing of arms by the people of the several states is in fact actually commerce among the several states.

:lol:

I can't explain it to you. I also can't explain chemistry to a 4 year old.

:lol:

I can't explain it to you. I also can't explain chemistry to a 4 year old.

You can't explain how congress can enact legislation criminalizing the possession of a firearm because congress was never granted any such power to do so. It's as simple as that.

So you can keep making smart-alec dodges all you want. But you can't substantiate your claim.

I already told you, it flows from the commerce and necessary and proper clauses. See, that would make total sense if you actually understood how these parts of the constitution work. Well--maybe that's a bit unfair. I don't think anyone fully understands how the commerce clause works. Nevertheless, you're operating in an expanse of mindless and willful ignorance and can't even begin to scratch the surface.

I already told you, it flows from the commerce and necessary and proper clauses. See, that would make total sense if you actually understood how these parts of the constitution work. Well--maybe that's a bit unfair. I don't think anyone fully understands how the commerce clause works. Nevertheless, you're operating in an expanse of mindless and willful ignorance and can't even begin to scratch the surface.

Okay, let's start with the necessary and proper clause:

"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

It allows making laws that exercise the foregoing powers. It does not allow any old law that congress feels like.

So that having been dispensed with, let's look at the commerce clause:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Now are you trying to tell me that possessing a gun is commerce? And that it is commerce among the several states? Seriously?

"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

It allows making laws that exercise the foregoing powers. It does not allow any old law that congress feels like.

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Now are you trying to tell me that possessing a gun is commerce? And that it is commerce among the several states? Seriously?

*yawn*

:dig:

You need education.

*yawn*

You need education.

As I suspected, you can't explain how you consider possessing a firearm to be the same as commerce among the states. It's like saying a horse is a fish. They're just not the same thing.

...because back when the 2nd Amendment was written we didn't have this pos legal system developed we have today. If someone was a true bad ass, he was simply eliminated. Justice was swift with a bullet or other means.

Only RETARDS believe in arming prisoners, criminals & terrorist!

When the US Constitution was amended to give US the right to bear arms, they were saying a well-regulated person of well-regulated minds could be armed. Not Mental Defectives, Terrorist or Criminals.

*yawn*

You need education.

As I suspected, you can't explain how you consider possessing a firearm to be the same as commerce among the states. It's like saying a horse is a fish. They're just not the same thing.

Like I said, I can't explain it to you, because you are operating in an expanse of willful ignorance. What do you known about the commerce clause? Nothing. You have no comprehension whatsoever about how it works, how it is applied, how it has been challenged in the courts, etc.

The only person who has said we can arm prisoners, is SwimExpert. I wouldn't classify him as a retard. Just as a coward who says silly things and then calls names and runs away when you address what he said.

Last edited:

As it has already been pointed out to you, this is ignorant and wrong.

That you continue to pursue an invalid 'argument' devoid of merit indicates that you're incapable of discussing this issue in a factual, intelligent manner.

The only person who has said we can arm prisoners, is SwimExpert. I wouldn't calssify him as a retard. Just as a coward who says silly things and then calls names and runs away when you address what he said.

I just give as good as your worth. You make a thread spouting stupidity, I'll give you your own stupidity back in the form of your own demented rationale.

The only person who has said we can arm prisoners, is SwimExpert. I wouldn't calssify him as a retard. Just as a coward who says silly things and then calls names and runs away when you address what he said.
And your 'argument' is just as invalid and devoid of merit.

Even the likes of Scalia and Thomas don't support it.

Forum List

Back