The 27% problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by loosecannon, May 21, 2007.

1. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2007/05/27-problem_4917.html

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Im not ready to give up on that 27% theyare my fellow Americans.

They have brains and the live in a great country.

They are just mired in a mind set that they CAN overcome.

The truth can even reach them.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928

Ahh yes that whole " we are smarter and better than you" mentality. It IS what lets Liberals make laws that they have no intention of following themselves, of lying to the electorate ( all for our own good) And of course the chance to call anyone that doesn't bow down and worship the inherent superiority of Liberals a Nazi.

Democracy and freedom ARE threatened, but it isn't from republicans, nor the majority of voters that are uncommitted,. nor even of a lot of democrats. The threat is the people that actually think and believe this garbage. The "Intellectual" superior Liberals that actually believe that they are morally better and smarter than anyone else and that ANY means is acceptable to "just help" those of the vast Majority of society that just can't be trusted to run their affairs or that of a Country.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I guess you didnt read my post huh?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    Did I mention you by name? If you don't believe it, good for you. Doesn't change the fact that certain Liberals DO believe it. JUST the fact it is posted here PROVES that.

More to the point a large segment ( in my opinion) of the Liberal leadership of the democratic party BELIEVE it.The Republicans ran out their far right "supporters" a while back. You won't find very many Republicans that actually believe they should deny freedom to others, all of course in the guise of "helping" them. Nor do mainstream republicans routinely call Liberals Communists or Nazis. And you will find that most republicans don't think Liberals are mentally challenged, even when we call you stupid.

You won't find many mainstream Republicans making claims that Liberals are inherently evil either, nor commissioning studies to "prove" that republicans are "smarter" or more fit to run for and exersize the power of elected office.

6. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    The fallacy here is that the other 70% (est.) who don't give Bush a favorable approval rating don't all agree with each other. I'd say of the 70% who think of Bush unfavorably, about two thirds of them are probably idiots.

7. loosecannon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hate to let you in on a harsh secret RGS, but what you just described applies to a whole lot of groups from the heritage Foundation to the TriLaterals to the PNAC crew that holds the WH hostage, even to the central banks of every nation.

The elite power brokers always believe that the masses are incapable of governing themselves and must be lied to in order to provide for their "best interests". As if it was charity that mobilized their efforts.

And the large majority of those elites have been wealthy, right leaning and in this nation republicans.

Bush especially. His self proclaimed base is "the have's and the have more's".

And FWIW the educated elites are smarter. It is a qualification of the title.

8. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else...but I have encountered a lot of people who are dumber than me. :D

9. loosecannon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Do you consider yourself either a liberal or a democrat?

10. Dirt McGirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    No, I lean left on some issues and right on others. But I like to sit in the middle of the road and fling shit at the nutjobs on both sides of the aisles.