The 250K teacher jobs saved is a damn lie.

acts

Rookie
Jul 29, 2009
The data collected on teacher jobs saved in Nebraska is inaccurate. Very few jobs would have been lost. The con man and his dupes failed to realize that school districts can increase their property tax asking in most cases. Didn't need their (our) money. Now future generations will be taking it in the ass from these damn fools.

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. H. Our district got a lot of special ed. money. None for teachers; but a ton for training. Workshops and in-services are ok; but often a waste of time and money. I will prob. be out of the classroom at least 10 days this year. Not great for my students.

More than 300 first- and second-year teachers and staff are being laid off as the Peoria Unified School District joins a list of districts across the Valley axing teachers.

The layoffs come as other districts warn staff that they may not return next school year. Some districts have already notified teachers.

Mesa Public Schools mailed layoff notices to 208 teachers on Monday, and the Apache Junction School District has cut 49 teachers.
Peoria district approves layoffs of 300 teachers

I just thought I would give you this little note on how well those stimulus dollars did in saving jobs in my daughters school district. You have my sympathies.

Schools all over Oklahoma are now shedding teachers. Far be it from them to cutt administrative posiitons in a state that has ten times more school districts than counties and many of said districts haven't 100 kids k-12.

Seattle is cutting teachers as well, what's worse is we actually need to cut more. We're broke, so broke our city is looking for money to borrow, or another bailout. Yet ... the teachers are actually trying to get paid more as well.

• Banned
Seems as if the stimulus dollars haven't helped in some states. Do you ever get the feeling we are being scammed? At what point do we stop listening to the con man's words? When do we acknowledge if his lips are moving he is running a con.

Last edited:
Acts from day one I figured we were getting scammed. All this crap they've thrwon out has been tried before and it never works it just makes things worse.

Forum List

Back