The 22nd Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009
The 22nd Annual Awards for the Year's Worst Reporting

The Coronation of the Messiah Award for Fawning Inaugural Coverage

Bill Weir (66 points)
“We know that wind can make a cold day feel colder, but can national pride make a freezing day feel warmer? It seems to be the case because regardless of the final crowd number estimates, never have so many people shivered so long with such joy. From above, even the seagulls must have been awed by the blanket of humanity.”
— ABC’s Bill Weir on World News, January 20. [MP3 Audio (0:25)]

Andrea Mitchell (63 points)
“What a day it was. It may take days or years to really absorb the significance of what happened to America today....When he [Barack Obama] finally emerged, he seemed, even in this throng, so solitary, somber, perhaps already feeling the weight of the world, even before he was transformed into the leader of the free world....The mass flickering of cell phone cameras on the Mall seemed like stars shining back at him.”
— NBC’s Andrea Mitchell on the January 20 Nightly News. [MP3 Audio (0:33)]

Tom Brokaw (62 points)
“You know what it [Obama’s inauguration] reminds me of? It reminds me of the Velvet Revolution. I was in Prague when that happened. And Vaclav Havel was a generational leader and was in the square in Prague and the streets were filled with joy. And we’re not overthrowing a communist regime here, obviously, but an unpopular President is leaving and people have been waiting for this moment.”
— NBC’s Tom Brokaw during live coverage prior to Obama’s inauguration, January 20. [MP3 Audio (0:32)]

Carol Costello (23 points)
“It was a giant love-fest....When Barack Obama started to speak, I was right in the middle of the crowd. People were crying, they were laughing, they were cheering. Suddenly someone would just come up and hug you. It was just amazing. It was like you’re standing in the middle of these strangers, and all of a sudden you had a million friends around you. That’s what it felt like yesterday.”
— CNN’s Carol Costello on the January 21 American Morning, recounting her experience at Obama’s inauguration. [MP3 Audio (0:28)]

http://mrc.org/notablequotables/bestof/ ... spx?page=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No wonder CNN, NBC, ABC,CBS,MSNBC, NPR, PBS NY TIMES and the rest of the 'Axis of Idiots' are going down the toilet.
I'm lovin it!

This is why the Lame Stream Media is losing market share. Of course by next year all of that will be down the memory hole and they will swear they were always objective and never in the tank for Obama.

The Liberal Press really is a joke at this point. They no longer have any real credibility. I think most common sense thinking Americans see the bias and understand they are not to be believed in most cases. This President has received a complete free pass by the corrupt Liberal dominated Mainstream Media at this point. Most Americans see the shallow double standard in their news coverage. The Public is now craving & demanding more Conservative Media sources. There are a few Conservative Media outlets by they are very few in numbers. The MSM desperately needs more balance. I do hope we see more Conservative Media outlets in the future. Unfortunately "I get a thrill up my leg every time i hear him speak" really does sum up the corrupt MSM at this point.

In its mission to show that there is a "strident liberal bias" in the national news media, the MRC has produced a number of their own analyses and has offered as evidence the claims that news reporters use the "conservative" or "Republican" label to describe conservatives more often than they label liberals or Democrats, that the media is sympathetic to Communism or "dictators", that media coverage of global warming is biased in favor of environmentalism,, and that the media focuses on covering the negative side of the Iraq war.

Whe John F. Kennedy was shot - it was legitimate to report that it was a sad day for America.

When America's first black president was inaugurated - it is legitimate to report it as an historic day in America. Reporting that people were enthusiastic and emotional at the event is legitimate reporting.

Failing to report the events in a way that reflects hyper-partisan hatred is NOT "liberal media" bias.

I'm beginning to see why CNN, MSNBC, and all three major networks now surpass Fox news in viewer trust in a recent Pew study.

"I get a thrill up my leg every time i hear him speak" sadly does say it all about how far the Liberal dominated MSM has fallen. Most common sense thinking Americans understand this. It's time for more Conservative Media Outlets. The People are clamoring for this. Lets hope we see this in the near future.

"I get a thrill up my leg every time i hear him speak" sadly does say it all about how far the Liberal dominated MSM has fallen. Most common sense thinking Americans understand this. It's time for more Conservative Media Outlets. The People are clamoring for this. Lets hope we see this in the near future.

Don't you mean "Conservative Propaganda Outlets"?

"Liberal propaganda outlets?" "Conservative propaganda outlets?" It's all propaganda in the end. Personally i think there are way more Liberal propaganda outlets than Conservative propaganda outlets at this point and i would just like to see more propaganda balance. The whole Liberal Media "Thrill up my Leg" stuff really has gotten out of hand and i just want to see more Conservative Media Outlets to balance that stuff out. Most people really are pretty sick of the stale Liberal Media propaganda stuff and would like to see a change. So lets hope we do see more Conservative Media Outlets in the near future.

Last edited:
Does anyone take Faux News seriously anymore?

Don't people just watch these days to see if Hannity will get waterboarded, if Beck will weep, or if O'Reilly will drop the F bomb while screaming at one of his "guests"????????

I think they've merged with Comedy Central.

Don't people just watch these days to see if Hannity will get waterboarded, if Beck will weep, or if O'Reilly will drop the F bomb while screaming at one of his "guests"????????

They really should change the name. It hasn't been "news" in a very long time. Faux...is basically a channel for watching conservative talk shows and anti-Obama talk shows.

They really should change the name. It hasn't been "news" in a very long time. Faux...is basically a channel for watching conservative talk shows and anti-Obama talk shows.

I was watching (for comic relief of course) a bit this weekend. And on one of their "panel" discussions they have five neo-cons interupting and shouting down the one moderate they invited.

What a joke.

No wonder CNN's has a double digit lead over them in credibility. (Pew)

Last edited:

I was watching (for comic relief of course) a bit this weekend. And on one of their "panel" discussions they have five neo-cons interupting and shouting down the one moderate they invited.

What a joke.

Let me guess, Colmes was dumb enough to accept the Faux invite again, right?

Sorry

Comedy Central is more respected with Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert

What a joke.

No (LOL) it was a woman - can't remember her name. I can't imagine why ANY moderate would accept an invitation to sit through 15 minutes of neo-con diatribe only to be interupted and yelled at after uttering about 6 seconds of response????????????

And THAT was on a NEWS program. She would have only gotten about 2 seconds on O'Reilly, Beck, or Hannity's shows.

Last edited:
Hey Neo-Cons,

Can you please list off all of the OBJECTIVE reporters from the Right?

Don't worry...I'll wait.

What a joke.

No (LOL) it was a woman - can't remember her name. I can't imagine why ANY moderate would accept an invitation to sit through 15 minutes of neo-con diatribe only to be interupted and yelled at after uttering about 6 seconds of response????????????

And THAT was on a NEWS program. She would have only gotten about 2 seconds on O'Reilly, Beck, or Hannity's shows.

The sad part is, my Father-in-Law was at my house for the holidays and I was kind enough to let him watch what he wanted on TV.....needless to say, being the old time conservative that he is, my TV was on Faux much of the time. I don't know who that snarly bitch was sitting in for OReilly, but she made me wish BillO had not taken vacation...

So say all the warped "Thrill up my Leg" MSNBC sycophants. lol! Seriously,most common sense thinking Americans understand that the MSM is completely full of chit and is not to be trusted anymore. The MSM desperately needs more Conservative Media Outlets to balance all that sad Liberal Media "Thrill up my Leg" B.S. Hopefully this will happen at some point.

This morning, I decided to see what FOXNews was saying real briefly before I left for work.

One of the "reporters" made a comment right after getting a response from Janet Napolitano something along the lines of..."If it were MY job I would..."

I mean, isn't news suppose to be OBJECTIVE and void of OPINION?

What a JOKE that self-proclaimed news network is.

LOL!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back