The 2019 Harley Davidson Road King.

Actually, part of what made the bike work so well was the Corbin seat that I had on it. Matter of fact, I have ridden from Ft. Collins CO to Amarillo TX in one day, and I was still able to walk after I got off the bike. And, drag bars with forward controls make for a very comfortable ride IMHO. I didn't like the way the stock controls made me perch on the bike, and I didn't like the ride height with the 13 inch shocks.

I found out a sportster is to small for me. It's rideable, but in just to long. The mid controls on my superglide are fine. But on the sportster it just feels weird. Mine is 2005 1200 sportster. My son hits it better so he rides it now and will likely own it. I ride around town and sometimes to New Orleans or some other place in Texas. May ride out to palo duro canyon on vacation and the super glide is fine for that. If I rode to sturgis every year or something like that then the superglide just won't do. It would kick my ass I think. If I rode state to state allot I would have a road King.

Well, I'm not that big of a dude, only 5'7" and around 135 lbs soaking wet, so lowering the shocks didn't really mess with me much, matter of fact, it actually made the bike more rideable for me. And, the bonus was, that with the conversion kit and the big twin tanks, if you didn't look at the engine first, you would think it actually was a big twin.

And, when I first started out, it was severely underpowered for what I wanted, because people were making fun of me for not being able to keep up. It was after I did the engine work that people started to look at me different and wonder what in the hell I was riding, because Sportys weren't supposed to be able to beat big twins (according to them).

Thats always been a Harley fault.
Underpowered like a mofo unless you spent gobs of money for an already over priced bike.

To tell you the truth, doing all the stuff I did to the engine only ran me around 1500 bucks. Oh..................and the other thing you gotta do to a Harley if it's stock is get rid of the Harley carb and replace it with an S and S. Not only are they cheaper for parts if you need them, but they are also much easier to maintain and tune.

And that teardrop shape looks really cool on the side of the bike.

Thing is it's still slow as hell compared to a Japanese sports bike which costs half of what a Harley does.
Harley's are all about image. The only people who ride them are biker types and wanna be biker types who are accountants and bankers by day.
Just not an image I wish to portray.

Slow as hell? Damn thing was capable of hitting 120 plus!

I found out a sportster is to small for me. It's rideable, but in just to long. The mid controls on my superglide are fine. But on the sportster it just feels weird. Mine is 2005 1200 sportster. My son hits it better so he rides it now and will likely own it. I ride around town and sometimes to New Orleans or some other place in Texas. May ride out to palo duro canyon on vacation and the super glide is fine for that. If I rode to sturgis every year or something like that then the superglide just won't do. It would kick my ass I think. If I rode state to state allot I would have a road King.

Well, I'm not that big of a dude, only 5'7" and around 135 lbs soaking wet, so lowering the shocks didn't really mess with me much, matter of fact, it actually made the bike more rideable for me. And, the bonus was, that with the conversion kit and the big twin tanks, if you didn't look at the engine first, you would think it actually was a big twin.

And, when I first started out, it was severely underpowered for what I wanted, because people were making fun of me for not being able to keep up. It was after I did the engine work that people started to look at me different and wonder what in the hell I was riding, because Sportys weren't supposed to be able to beat big twins (according to them).

Underpowered like a mofo unless you spent gobs of money for an already over priced bike.

To tell you the truth, doing all the stuff I did to the engine only ran me around 1500 bucks. Oh..................and the other thing you gotta do to a Harley if it's stock is get rid of the Harley carb and replace it with an S and S. Not only are they cheaper for parts if you need them, but they are also much easier to maintain and tune.

Thing is it's still slow as hell compared to a Japanese sports bike which costs half of what a Harley does.
Harley's are all about image. The only people who ride them are biker types and wanna be biker types who are accountants and bankers by day.

Slow as hell? Damn thing was capable of hitting 120 plus!

Yeah......so is a train.
I'll race it in the quarter mile on foot.

Actually, part of what made the bike work so well was the Corbin seat that I had on it. Matter of fact, I have ridden from Ft. Collins CO to Amarillo TX in one day, and I was still able to walk after I got off the bike. And, drag bars with forward controls make for a very comfortable ride IMHO. I didn't like the way the stock controls made me perch on the bike, and I didn't like the ride height with the 13 inch shocks.

Not really. If it's about image I'm doing it wrong lol. If I posted a pic of my bike I would be laughed at.

Not really. If it's about image I'm doing it wrong lol. If I posted a pic of my bike I would be laughed at.

Then you should own a jap bike.
Cheaper,faster, better handling and more reliable.

Then you should own a jap bike.
Cheaper,faster, better handling and more reliable.

But one wasn't there for $1,000 when I had the cash in my hand! But I don't hate on jap rides. It's just that sport bikes aren't my thing. Jap cruisers are fine. I am hoping my next bike will be a Triumph Speedmaster.

Forum List

Back