The 2018 election

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
In the Senate even untouchables like Manchin D-WV are polling badly. The Schumer shutdown for DACA is casting a long and dark shadow even on Manchin's campaign according to polling. Prior to the shutdown his race was a cakewalk. While the race is still quite salvageable Trump is now more popular than Manchin is in most WV polls according to CNBC.

Pelosi has probably done more damage than Schumer for Ds in the house. Her crumbs comment seems to be giving the Rs Midwest blue collar votes.

Sessions has won in the courts on sequester in regards to sanctuary cities and DOJ grants. That means a lot of blue state politicians will be in jail for contempt instead of doing their jobs during the election season.

This could be a good election year for the Rs.

"Polling badly"? Trump was polling badly this time in 2016. The problem for the stupid left is that they underestimate the American public while they use the same playbook as they used during the 60's and 70's in the age of information.

I still think dems pick up seats in the house and lose 2-3 in the senate.
I would agree if the Ds could shut up Schumer and Pelosi. But even that may not be enough with Sessions getting the OK from the courts to create DOJ sequesters against sanctuary cities and states. Right now the already issued 10 year treasury is going up slightly in value, usually issued treasuries sink slightly after the auction. The underwriters are having at least some trouble pushing Blue Wall munis judging from all the ads I get for tax free issues. Also these tax exempt bonds are yielding more than Treasuries in absolute yield that does not reflect their tax exempt status. If Sessions applies the screws several blue states will go into default and will be DRT with a lot of Ds going to jail.

Yessir, why do you think Ds poll so well usually for more votes than constitutionally eligible voters? LA county CA and Montgomery county MD were the most famous cases in 2016 but approximately 10% of all counties give the Ds an unconstitutional boost in federal elections. Judging by Cuomo's backfiring attempt to prove the integrity of the NY vote (90+% attempts to put a fake but blank ballot in the ballot box succeeded) 2-6 years ago paid GOTV operatives are paid for results.

Forum List

Back