The 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in America

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The rarest of the rare and America gets a front row seat. On August 21 everyone in America will see at least a partial solar eclipse. If you want to see the total eclipse you need to be in this narrow band as the eclipse sweeps across America. If you want to see the total eclipse and need to travel, book your hotel now. Most hotels sold out last year for this date. Couple of things to consider for your viewing site - Does it get cloudy in August there and if the forecast is for clouds can I drive to another cloud free location easily. But good news that even if it is cloudy, you will see the darkness fall.

A fun thing to watch for is a change in the winds during totality. As of yet, science is still not sure how or why this occurs.

upload_2017-2-3_8-53-45.png

At a very reasonable price you can get some really cool items for safely viewing the eclipse. Celestron is coming out with a few items for less than $100 at the end of the month:

upload_2017-2-3_8-56-17.png

Also two sizes of binoculars with solar filters.

This website has good detailed maps showing the path of totality for selecting your site:
Total Eclipse of the Sun: August 21, 2017
upload_2017-2-3_8-59-24.png

Good luck and have fun.

Hello, my name is Lukas Eggen and I am a reporter with the Itemizer-Observer, a newspaper in Dallas, Oregon. I am looking for people who may be traveling to the Salem/Dallas/Independence Oregon area for the eclipse this summer for a story. Please send me an email to [email protected]

Hello people. I live in Jackson Hole WY. We are looking to have "friends" stay at our house during the Eclipse. As you know Jackson Hole will be one of the most spectacular places to view the eclipse. We own a 3 bedroom home right in town. Our HOA's prevent us from short term rentals but there is nothing that says "friends" can't come stay at our house. If you are interested please send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!

Something is def. wrong with this picture , because the Gov. never does this bs for a g.d solar eclipse. It's almost like they know something else is going to happen. Not. nec. from this Solar Eclipse but possibly something else.

upload_2017-7-20_20-49-27.png

Did you know that during the coming Solar Eclipse, August 21, 2017, Emergency Management operations will be in full swing?

Highlights include:

• Across the country plans are being made for logistic operations

• Expect traffic jams

• Poor cell service

• Emergency response will be slow

• Advising to stock up on food, water, and fuel for more than a few days

• Some jurisdictions are dusting off their temporary power generators

• Emergency communications are being established

• Traffic control and crowd control will be in force.
Home | Shepherds Heart Heavenly Beauty and Health Products

Something is def. wrong with this picture , because the Gov. never does this bs for a g.d solar eclipse. It's almost like they know something else is going to happen. Not. nec. from this Solar Eclipse but possibly something else.

View attachment 139798

Did you know that during the coming Solar Eclipse, August 21, 2017, Emergency Management operations will be in full swing?

Highlights include:

• Expect traffic jams

• Poor cell service

• Expect traffic jams
  • Poor cell service

Typical day in California.

The actions being taken are for one reason - $$$$$$$

Get money and stash it away to justify their jobs.

View attachment 139798

Highlights include:

• Expect traffic jams

• Poor cell service

• Expect traffic jams
  • Poor cell service

Typical day in California.

The actions being taken are for one reason - $$$$$$$

Get money and stash it away to justify their jobs.

LOL Yeah get people all freaked out about shit, make them buy up those corporate needs like bottled water, supplies and the companies get rich over night off it . Just like Al Gore and his global warming scam. " BUY SOLAR" ahahhh

Hello people. I live in Jackson Hole WY. We are looking to have "friends" stay at our house during the Eclipse. As you know Jackson Hole will be one of the most spectacular places to view the eclipse. We own a 3 bedroom home right in town. Our HOA's prevent us from short term rentals but there is nothing that says "friends" can't come stay at our house. If you are interested please send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!
Wow, it's too bad I didn't realize that Jackson Hole was in the sweet spot I'd have tried really hard to take you up on this.I'm in Ohio and considered heading for Kentucky, but the chances of the weather cooperating isn't great so I just shelved the idea. I'm going to guess you'll have better luck with the weather. (I'm knocking on wood so as not to jinx you!)

Forum List

Back