The 2012 Republican Conventiion

....What I did was complain about your lumping together various responses in the polls you provided links to, having different responses mean the same thing. You took responses where people said something MIGHT happen and claimed they believe it WILL happen. If you cannot see the difference between those, there is no point continuing.

I said believe it COULD happen when referring to polls which asked that and I said believe it WOULD happen when the poll questions said that. And besides making accusations while lumping unrelated poll data from the links I provided, NOTHING was posted that refutes that!

Ya know, I ALMOST posted as the last line in the same post as those links, "Feel free to attack the polls, my interpretation of them and deny their accuracy," because I KNEW that they or my use of them would be denounced as disingenuous. Kind of wish I had now. It would have saved some wear and tear on my keyboard.

What I find incredible is that someone would accuse me, someone they don't know from Adam, of being a LIAR and then get incredulous when I point out the fallacy of logic used to arrive at that accusation.

Here's the thing, I don't use the ignore list because I'll discuss just about anything that interest me with anyone who is willing, but since I'm sure someone with that mentality probably will soon if they don't already...I'd appreciate it if anyone who feels that way would put me on theirs. Then they won't feel the need to become offended by my obviously inferior intellect!

You ARE right about one thing though, there is NO point to continuing.

Thanks...and have a nice day!

This is a quote from a previous post of yours, "
EVERY recent poll shows that 51% of ALL Americans believe we ARE headed to a finical collapse. According to a recent CNN poll, 49% believe we ARE headed to a second Great Depression within the next year.". Or here's another, "OR you can try THIS POLL, also in full pdf form conducted by CNN in the first of 2011 where nearly half of Americans believe a second Great Depression will happen in the next year." If you notice, in both cases you say people believe it WILL happen, not that it might. The irony, of course, is that in the second quote, you actually linked to the CNN poll which clearly says nothing of the sort; the possible answers are all degrees of LIKELY to happen.

So, your claims about not saying a poll stated people believed something WOULD happen, if the poll didn't state that, are clearly false. Feel free to click your own link to the CNN poll which gives
Very likely 19%
Somewhat likely 29%
Not very likely 32%
Not likely at all 19%
No opinion 1%
as the answers, none of which are saying something WILL happen. I eagerly anticipate your response. :tongue:

Forum List

Back