The 2011 Pro Bowl

Anybody going to watch?

Peyton is there (of course)

Are any of your favs playing today?

NFL Pro Bowl

Might be the last one for a couple of years :(

What makes you think that?

The strike.

Odd as it may sound, I've always wanted to go to a Pro Bowl, and never really cared about going to a Super Bowl. I have a feeling the Pro Bowl has more of a "college game" feel.

Plus, any excuse to go to Hawaii is valid :)

Might be the last one for a couple of years :(

The strike.

Odd as it may sound, I've always wanted to go to a Pro Bowl, and never really cared about going to a Super Bowl. I have a feeling the Pro Bowl has more of a "college game" feel.

I hear that.

I keep waiting for Peyton to ask me to go with him..............:eusa_pray:

The strike.

I hear that.

I'll make a call, see what I can do...;)

as for this year..what happens with player who was selected and plays for the Steelers or packers?

no team in their right mind would let him play...are they there?

The strike.

I hear that.

LOL!!! Just DO NOT RESPOND to any texts from Favre!!!!!

The strike.

I hear that.

I'll make a call, see what I can do...;)

as for this year..what happens with player who was selected and plays for the Steelers or packers?

no team in their right mind would let him play...are they there?

I think they have to play, don't they??? (NFLPA contracts)?

But its the Pro Bowl, so they take it a lot easier, and I'm sure they will go in for a play or two and the other guys will treat them with kid gloves.

At that level, those guys respect each other a lot more than they let on. They understand whats at stake for the guys going to the Super Bowl, and they'll likely joke with them more than compete.

I thought the players who were in the Super Bowl DIDN'T play, and they had the 'runner ups' play instead.

Maybe I'm wrong...............:confused:

I thought the players who were in the Super Bowl DIDN'T play, and they had the 'runner ups' play instead.

Maybe I'm wrong...............:confused:

You may be right, I honestly don't know. I just assumed there would be some contractual obligation to play because they get paid for being there.

Let me go google :)

I'll be watching. If I remember right from last year, Aloha Stadium will be about half full.

And M14 is right, the new CBA may cross this out of the schedule. My guess is the owners don't like stressing about their players getting hurt in a meaningless game.

There will not...I repeat WILL NOT...be a lockout next season.

There's no way the NFL is going to let it happen when football is the most fan followed sport. Too many billions of dollars are at stake, and they have seen what negative effects it can have on the sport, i.e. baseball and hockey.

Forum List

Back