The 20 BBBBillion Shakedown

please don't start ANOTHER CONSPIRACY ala crusaderfrank's on this....NO ONE WANTS THIS TO CONTINUE....not the gvt and certainly not bp....

don't go there...it only HURTS OUR COUNTRY to start CRAPOLA like that....you are not helping matters one iota by doing such....AND countdrac, you know better....unlike crusaderfrank.

The crux of what I'm saying is simply this. We all know that BP is responsible for this problem. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. We are not doing enough, soon enough to get this problem under control. In this entire planet Earth, are you telling me that nobody know's how to stop this flow of oil? I don't believe that. Everyday that passes, is another day of political frenzy. That energy should be put towards stopping the flow of oil. Plenty of time for political crap when it's over. When you're bleeding to death from your leg, you don't stop to put a bandaid on your finger.

tell me....do you not think that BP has every incentive in the world to stop this gusher?

what logic do you have on BP wanting this costly to them gusher to continue?

do you think that if there was some kind of magic cure, that these geniuses would not speak up or that bp would turn a blind eye to it?

the heads of all the major oil corporations were called in the first week of this disaster and asked if they knew how to cap it...heard that on the 24/7.

there was a gusher like this off of mexico in 1979....it took them 10 months to stop it, by drilling relief wells.... (note that even after the relief wells... it continued to leak, but at a slower rate....)

yes, i understand your concern and it is very frustrating to see an entire ecosystem of one of the most beautiful areas in the world be ruined....:(

i can't understand why BP didn't have a plan in the event of such accidents....it was in their own best interest to have one, whether our gvt required one or not....bet they will on future oil ventures in deep water....but shameful it had to come to such a disaster to make them view things in a less haphazardly manner.

The oil leak has got to be their biggest nightmare ever. Yes, I am certain they would like for it to be stopped.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say. I am certain that BP would like this stopped immediately, if not sooner.

Just because the heads of the oil companies don't know how to stop the oil leak doesn't mean that nobody on planet Earth knows how to stop it. There are some pretty smart cookies on the planet. Somebody either knows or has a pretty good idea of how to stop it.

One of the lessons we should learn from this, is that you don't have to drill for oil in water that deep when you can get the same results closer in to shore and it would be easier to manage a problem like this.

The Republicans would like to see it capped at $75 million. After all, consider that Exxon made a paltry $19 billion in 2009. So bad off were they, that they payed no taxes on that profit, in fact, recieved a $156 million tax return.

It is long past time that the trans-nationals paid real taxes on income earned in this nation.

The crux of what I'm saying is simply this. We all know that BP is responsible for this problem. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. We are not doing enough, soon enough to get this problem under control. In this entire planet Earth, are you telling me that nobody know's how to stop this flow of oil? I don't believe that. Everyday that passes, is another day of political frenzy. That energy should be put towards stopping the flow of oil. Plenty of time for political crap when it's over. When you're bleeding to death from your leg, you don't stop to put a bandaid on your finger.

tell me....do you not think that BP has every incentive in the world to stop this gusher?

do you think that if there was some kind of magic cure, that these geniuses would not speak up or that bp would turn a blind eye to it?

the heads of all the major oil corporations were called in the first week of this disaster and asked if they knew how to cap it...heard that on the 24/7.

there was a gusher like this off of mexico in 1979....it took them 10 months to stop it, by drilling relief wells.... (note that even after the relief wells... it continued to leak, but at a slower rate....)

yes, i understand your concern and it is very frustrating to see an entire ecosystem of one of the most beautiful areas in the world be ruined....:(

i can't understand why BP didn't have a plan in the event of such accidents....it was in their own best interest to have one, whether our gvt required one or not....bet they will on future oil ventures in deep water....but shameful it had to come to such a disaster to make them view things in a less haphazardly manner.

The oil leak has got to be their biggest nightmare ever. Yes, I am certain they would like for it to be stopped.

You don't understand what I'm trying to say. I am certain that BP would like this stopped immediately, if not sooner.

Just because the heads of the oil companies don't know how to stop the oil leak doesn't mean that nobody on planet Earth knows how to stop it. There are some pretty smart cookies on the planet. Somebody either knows or has a pretty good idea of how to stop it.

One of the lessons we should learn from this, is that you don't have to drill for oil in water that deep when you can get the same results closer in to shore and it would be easier to manage a problem like this.

Really? It took 10 months in water 150 ft deep on the last blowout. Maybe Exxon, BP, Shell, Chevron, and a few others could hire some of the scientists at wages appoaching that of advertising people to solve such an accident before the fact.

No, you are not starting that old bullshit about how it is all environmentalists fault that BP was criminally negligent. None of the oil corperations had anything approaching a reasonable plan to handle a blowout at any depth. There plan was so knowledgable that it included the information on the Walruses and Sea Lions in the Gulf. And the phone number of a scientist dead for five years.

These companies should have to have resources and plans in place before they are allowed to drill anywhere in the Gulf again. They have proven themselves to be untrustworthy.

do you think these ''miracle workers'' that can solve the problem and stop this leak are just mum on the subject and have not offered their solution to the problem or if they have offered up their means to stop it, BP ignored them?

Forum List

Back