The 2 day work Week, Sweeeet...

Maybe they should punch a time clock and work on hourly pay.
now THAT is a good idea
they should ONLY be paid when they are actually doing work
LOL

Who defines work? If they're in their office, are they doing work? If they're meeting with people from their districts, is that work? What if those people are potential donors?
being a contrarian just makes your day, doesn't it?>

now THAT is a good idea
they should ONLY be paid when they are actually doing work
LOL

Who defines work? If they're in their office, are they doing work? If they're meeting with people from their districts, is that work? What if those people are potential donors?

I'll go one step further. I think congressional pay should be increased.

i disagree, i think it should be cut and we should increase the members by at least 50%

i disagree, i think it should be cut and we should increase the members by at least 50%

Cutting the pay will only entrench the powers of special interests even further.
no, it wont
you expand the number of members to dilute each members importance
also gives them fewer people to represent and you are more likely to actually get to know your congressman

Cutting the pay will only entrench the powers of special interests even further.

no, it wont

Yeah it will. Why do you think so many former members end up on K Street? Being a member of Congress isn't a profitable proposition.

you expand the number of members to dilute each members importance
also gives them fewer people to represent and you are more likely to actually get to know your congressman

This is an issue we agree on.

Forum List

Back