The 2 day work Week, Sweeeet...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
When the Democratic Party controlled House and Senate decide their going to get around to being in session they generally work an amazing 2 days a week. Sweeeet, ya come in on Tuesday evening leave Thursday afternoon. I don't believe that's what Nancy promised to the American people but hey, she lies and we all accept that.

Now, I'm somewhat conflicted over this, look at the damage they do just working minimum hours over what damage they could do otherwise. tis a quandary.

Last edited:
When the Democratic Party controlled House and Senate decide their going to get around to being in session they generally work an amazing 2 days a week. Sweeeet, ya come in on Tuesday evening leave Thursday afternoon. I don't believe that's what Nancy promised to the American people but hey, she lies and we all accept that.

Now, I'm somewhat conflicted over this, look at the damage they do just working minimum hours over what damage they could do otherwise. tis a quandary.
source?

House: Working hard or hardly working? - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com I think this is the link he is refering to. Of course I have not researched it or even heard of politico, so I am unsure of how accurate this source is, but it would not surprise me in the least.
thanks

sheeeesh what a bunch of lazy bums we have in congress

Yes, and this isn't exactly new.

There's a few things Democrats and Republicans have in common, eternal hope and gullibility, no matter the odds....:lol:

House: Working hard or hardly working? - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com I think this is the link he is refering to. Of course I have not researched it or even heard of politico, so I am unsure of how accurate this source is, but it would not surprise me in the least.
thanks

i could be wrong, but i thought the dems campaigned on doing a 5 day work week in the house and that the GOP controlled house was only 4 days
so its not exactly the "same old same old"

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
thanks

i could be wrong, but i thought the dems campaigned on doing a 5 day work week in the house and that the GOP controlled house was only 4 days

Ah come on, you have to throw them a fish head every so often...they likes..es it...:lol:

thanks

Not according to this article...

Shortly after winning a majority last year, Democrats triumphantly declared that they would put Congress back to work, promising an “end to the two-day workweek.” And indeed, the House has clocked more time in Washington this year than in any other session since 1995, when Republicans, newly in control, sought to make a similar point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/washington/27cong.html

work??? 100 yr old harry reid and botox face nancy??? she's too busy getting her shots to keep her looking like a halloween mask and reid takes long naps and shit's his depends while voting present!! and barney fwaaank just can't keep his eyes off of the young male pages. work??? hahaha

Its not a Dem problem alone... Both sides of the isle do a lot of hand shaking and very little bill creation and research.

The less they do, the better off we are.

Politics (House and Senate) should be a part time job, maybe 4 weeks a year.
Maybe they could do a lot less damage.

Maybe they should punch a time clock and work on hourly pay.

Their expense accounts alone are more than most of us make. Law should be difficult to pass, the fewer, the better. One of my pet peeves with President Bush was his reluctance to use his veto power; only 12 times in 8 years.

I would veto any bill that had pork attached. A law must stand and pass on its' own. If you have to buy votes, by allowing a congressman to attach a pork project, then it is not worthy.

Last edited:
Pelosi and Reid must go!! I think this is something all reasonable Americans can agree on. Worst U.S. Congress in History? You bet! :(

Maybe they should punch a time clock and work on hourly pay.
now THAT is a good idea
they should ONLY be paid when they are actually doing work
LOL

Who defines work? If they're in their office, are they doing work? If they're meeting with people from their districts, is that work? What if those people are potential donors?

Forum List

Back