The 1400 year point of religions

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
Now that Islam is 1400 years old, much is being made of the Islamic jihad being perpetrated by certain elements of the Muslim faith.

But think back, what was happening at the 1400 year point of Christianity?...

... the Crusades were also an attempt to 'spread the gospel' so to speak in a not too peaceful manner and it took another 300 years until the Enlightment for Christianity's barbaric era to pass.

Hopefully the current flame of democracy that is starting to spread through the Mid-east will become the Islamic Enlightment...

... because I hate to think that we could have another 300 years of the current violence and terrorism we are seeing coming from the Muslim world.
:eek:

Now that Islam is 1400 years old, much is being made of the Islamic jihad being perpetrated by certain elements of the Muslim faith.

But think back, what was happening at the 1400 year point of Christianity?...

... the Crusades were also an attempt to 'spread the gospel' so to speak in a not too peaceful manner and it took another 300 years until the Enlightment for Christianity's barbaric era to pass.

Hopefully the current flame of democracy that is starting to spread through the Mid-east will become the Islamic Enlightment...

... because I hate to think that we could have another 300 years of the current violence and terrorism we are seeing coming from the Muslim world.
:eek:

The Power to change that can only come from one place.

First, The Crusades were a reaction to the fall of the Byzantium Empire where the Remnants of the Western half of the Roman Empire were organized to repell the Muslim Invasion and recapture the lands they believed belonged to them. It had nothing to do with Missionary work.

Second, in the 1400s the Crusades were over for over a century and a half. The 1400s saw the beginning of the Protestant Revolution.

New Topics

Forum List

Back