The 112th Congress

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
It is sad to see Boehner and Cantor in leadership roles, though not surprising. IMHO we have seen a successful cultural revolution take place since Nov 2008; one which, unless countered by patriots, can only lead to a nation more divided and one more composed of the haves and the have-nots. McConnell will continue his role as an obstructionist for two more years in the Senate no matter who is harmed.

I've yet to read on this or other MB's how the supporters of the New Right see America's future. It's easy to write and proselytize an ideology which promises freedom, security and a robust economy simply by cutting taxes and getting out of the way, but is that a plan?

It seems to be. Senator McConnell has said so. Unless the wealthiest Americans get tax 'relief' he will continue obstruct any and all business of the U.S. Senate - and he doesn't give a damn who gets hurt. Support for the base, the few, the rich, the selfish come first; country first, bull shit, simply a slogan, the one thing the Republican Party does well.

• Banned
Shall we reflect a bit? Okay, let's.

What is the plan of the Republican Leadrsheep, McConnell, Boehner and Cantor? Maybe I don't listen carefully enough, for all I hear are their bleats, "cut taxes, cut regulations, be scared, be very scared".

Honestly I'm not scared, I'm actually pissed off. I see and hear a political party more interested and more focused on regaining political power than in governance and taking care of the American People. Apparently it is more important to some that our government protect and defend international business and industry and foreign leaders than American citizens.

• Banned
Okay....let's reflect,
Obama, Reid and Pelosi have done so much better. :cuckoo:
What's the unemployment rate? That bad, huh?

A very stong argument, well documented, sufficient evidence and a clear cause and effect nexus. It's all Obama and the Democrats fault. Not.
Obama didn't take office until Jan. 2009, and the Democrats didn't control the Congress until Jan 2007.
The facts support shit had begun to fly well before Jan 2007. The genesus of the economic meltdown began under Bush&Co and a Congress under the leadership of the Republican Party.
Consider Meister, we invaded Iraq in 2003, after Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney claimed their tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 were the panacea for the collapse of the Cinton expansion. Rather than deal with the reality of the cost of war, Bush&Co, and the Congress, ignored the cost and simply moved along on money printed by the fed and money borrowed from China and other investors.
I must submit you are either a liar, stupid or a partisan hack (or all three).
Have a wonderful evening and great holiday season.
Oh, and thanks so much for sharing.

What is the plan of the Republican Leadrsheep, McConnell, Boehner and Cantor? Maybe I don't listen carefully enough, for all I hear are their bleats, "cut taxes, cut regulations, be scared, be very scared".

Honestly I'm not scared, I'm actually pissed off. I see and hear a political party more interested and more focused on regaining political power than in governance and taking care of the American People. Apparently it is more important to some that our government protect and defend international business and industry and foreign leaders than American citizens.

Let me give you the EXACT same advice you Liberals gave us when you won in 2008, shall I?

Too FUCKING BAD, you lost WE won. Live with it.

Okay....let's reflect,

A very stong argument, well documented, sufficient evidence and a clear cause and effect nexus. It's all Obama and the Democrats fault. Not.
Obama didn't take office until Jan. 2009, and the Democrats didn't control the Congress until Jan 2007.
The facts support shit had begun to fly well before Jan 2007. The genesus of the economic meltdown began under Bush&Co and a Congress under the leadership of the Republican Party.
Consider Meister, we invaded Iraq in 2003, after Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney claimed their tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 were the panacea for the collapse of the Cinton expansion. Rather than deal with the reality of the cost of war, Bush&Co, and the Congress, ignored the cost and simply moved along on money printed by the fed and money borrowed from China and other investors.

Your the one with all your partisan bullshit, wry. I say our government is fucked up and from both sides....not just the right and not just the left. They both got us where we are today.....you couldn't ever admit to that, because your a screwed up frisco wingnut......moron.

Okay....let's reflect,

Your the one with all your partisan bullshit, wry. I say our government is fucked up and from both sides....not just the right and not just the left. They both got us where we are today.....you couldn't ever admit to that, because your a screwed up frisco wingnut......moron.
he's just projecting his own faults

It is sad to see Boehner and Cantor in leadership roles, though not surprising. IMHO we have seen a successful cultural revolution take place since Nov 2008; one which, unless countered by patriots, can only lead to a nation more divided and one more composed of the haves and the have-nots. McConnell will continue his role as an obstructionist for two more years in the Senate no matter who is harmed.

I've yet to read on this or other MB's how the supporters of the New Right see America's future. It's easy to write and proselytize an ideology which promises freedom, security and a robust economy simply by cutting taxes and getting out of the way, but is that a plan?

It seems to be. Senator McConnell has said so. Unless the wealthiest Americans get tax 'relief' he will continue obstruct any and all business of the U.S. Senate - and he doesn't give a damn who gets hurt. Support for the base, the few, the rich, the selfish come first; country first, bull shit, simply a slogan, the one thing the Republican Party does well.

Shame on McConnell for trying to protect the jobs producers in this country. This is not the time to raise taxes on anyone. That seems to be the line the Repubs are holding. The rest of the background noise is nothing more than typical politics attempting to paint one side as against tax cuts (which is not the correct term) for the middle class. Class warfare is in full swing because it works. If you play to the emotions of those that have not achieved what some others have, it is usually a sure win.
When both sides stop playing political games and end the quest for more power, we may turn this Republic around. At the moment, it looks pretty bleak.

• Banned
Okay....let's reflect,

Actually I have; fiscal discipline is not something Congress anytime in my memory exercised, no matter which party held power.
Where I fall to the left of center is on domestic policy. The Congress spends too much money on defense; we should not police the world, we can't even police ourselves. As for being, "a screwed up frisco wingnut...moron", you're entitled to your opinion, and I mine. You are a bigot and bigots are generally ignorant and self righteous assholes. You seem to fit the mold perfectly.

btw Jeffrockit, McConnell is a phony; the argument that jobs will suffer if the wealthiest 2% are not included in the extension is baseless. It has been repeated so often you likely believe it. So post some supporting evidence, otherwise one might think your little more than a parrot.

Last edited:

I see and hear a political party more interested and more focused on regaining political power than in governance

which party is that?....i see that in both parties when they are not in power.....

As for being, "a screwed up frisco wingnut...moron", you're entitled to your opinion, and I mine. You are a bigot and bigots are generally ignorant and self righteous assholes. You seem to fit the mold perfectly.

Meisters a bigot?.....because he called you FRISCO WINGNUT?.....:lol:.....i think you just showed your general ignorance and self righteousness dipshit.....or should i say asshole....

what a bummer for you that obama seems to agree with their protection of and defense of "international business and industry and foreign leaders than American citizens.".....you sir, have been had.

Forum List

Back