The 11 Differences Between Dating a European Man vs an American Man.

German national pride is discouraged because they have a history of handling it badly and going a bit nuts.

I doubt that is ANY concern in the modern age, and I think the Germans are still over reacting to WWII to their detriment. That mentality should have ended decades ago.

German national pride is discouraged because they have a history of handling it badly and going a bit nuts.

I doubt that is ANY concern in the modern age, and I think the Germans are still over reacting to WWII to their detriment. That mentality should have ended decades ago.

Well, WWII isn't necessarily the only incident in Germany's history that might lead one to think they have a similar problem with national pride that addicts have with their addictions. Maybe they don't wish to risk it.

Well, WWII isn't necessarily the only incident in Germany's history that might lead one to think they have a similar problem with national pride that addicts have with their addictions. Maybe they don't wish to risk it.
D

I understand that, but it is the most recent, and by far the most well known incident. It should not dictate German policy, nor demeanor any longer. It is long past history, and few are even alive anymore that either lived through it, or were the perpetrators. In a couple more years they will ALL be gone. 1945 was 74 years ago.

Risk what? That's ridiculous, as the German economy is doing well, and tied to other countries all over the world. Europe, U.S. Asia, Russia, etc. There is absolutely no reason for them to display any addictive tendency in this area at all. Do you know the social, and economic factors that led to WWII?

That is their mindset. And national pride in Germans is discouraged.

I know. I used to have an office in Frankfort staffed by German nationals. If I brought up having pride in their country, they would get quiet, become uncomfortable, and exchange weird looks with each other.

They never got over when I wore an SS uniform to a staff meeting. lol!

Greg

D

I understand that, but it is the most recent, and by far the most well known incident. It should not dictate German policy, nor demeanor any longer. It is long past history, and few are even alive anymore that either lived through it, or were the perpetrators. In a couple more years they will ALL be gone. 1945 was 74 years ago.

Risk what? That's ridiculous, as the German economy is doing well, and tied to other countries all over the world. Europe, U.S. Asia, Russia, etc. There is absolutely no reason for them to display any addictive tendency in this area at all. Do you know the social, and economic factors that led to WWII?

It's THEIR country and their issue. If THEY don't think they can handle national pride well, I would no more contradict them than I would tell an alcoholic that one drink won't do him any harm.

A lot do. They were really into it at the Irish pub, watching the World Cup last year, in a DC suburb.

But most don't. Go outside places like "DC" and Irish Pubs. Nobody cares about soccer. It is a boring, low scoring game with some physical actions, but not enough for Americans. It is droll.

The last couple of weeks I have working a project to transfer all our old VCR tapes to DVD.

My sons both played a little soccer and we have some of the "action" on tape.

My god that is a boring game. Neither one of my sons really liked it. I quickly edited through those tapes.

Soccer is a game for homos and Communists and young kids that haven't yet to develop the skills to do anything else.

Gridiron seems mostly spent changing teams and sitting on the benches. The three minute highlights are cool sometimes though. Unfortunately most of it is the half time entertainment and blokes praying during the National Anthem...or is that kneelers???
nfl-parody-poem-simon-gibben-1967-header.jpg

??????

Greg

All you have shown is that you are stupid.
Oh, come now. That's not very nice.he hasn't just shown that he is stupid at all!

He has shown that he is stupid, dishonest, worthess, guttless, witless, banal, ugly, repulsive, dickheaded and and peurile

Last edited:
No really. If you want to see a lot of boring "ACTIVITY", not ACTION, watch soccer. If you want to see action watch American football. At least with Hockey, there is hitting.

List type articles tend to over generalise in order to fill parts of the paper on a slow day. Pretty much all of those traits I recognise in my society.
Having said that there seem to be a lot of people on this forum who have problems with sex,women and relationships.

And whats that "first base" thing all about ? Its all a bit Kav isnt it ?

7. European men do not “ghost”. Instead of cruelly dismissing someone by disappearing, they communicate that they are not interested. Again, this comes down to respect and manners.

Something tells me that she gets ditched a lot.

Forum List

Back