The 10th president of the U.S. has 2 grandsons still alive

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
I did a double take when I saw this headline.

Grandsons of tenth president John Tyler are STILL ALIVE...

and were born 140 YEARS after their grandfatherJohn Tyler's wife Julia was 30 years his junior
Their son Lyon Tyler remarried in his 70s and had two sons in 1920

John Tyler, the tenth president of the United States, was born in 1790. He grew up on a Virginia plantation, became a lawyer, and went on to the White House after the death of his predecessor, William Henry Harrison in 1841.
In the years leading up to his presidency, horse-drawn carriages were the mode du jour, Arkansas, Michigan, Maine, and Missouri became states, and across the sea, Napoleon Bonaparte was conquering Europe.
But it has been revealed that two of the president’s grandsons are still alive – and were born nearly 140 years after their grandfather was.

Read more: US president John Tyler's grandsons are STILL ALIVE | Mail Online

Im sorry. I have to be skeptical when they are claiming that Napolean Bonaparte was conquoring Europe that late. Especially when Napolean was doing that when John Tyler was a child.

• Banned
A FAMILY SPANNING THREE CENTURIES: TIMELINE OF JOHN TYLER AND HIS PROGENIES
29 March 1790: John Tyler born in Greenway, Virginia
1807: graduated from William and Mary; Passed the Bar Exam and became lawyer two years later
March 1813: Married first wife Letitia Christian
1811-1839: Served as United States representative, state governor and senator
1841: Became president, known as ‘His Accidency’ after the sudden death of William Henry Harrison
1853: Lyon Gardiner Tyler born; becomes historian
18 January 1862: John Tyler dies, aged 71
10 July 1889: Julia Gardiner Tyler dies, aged 69

1923: Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Sr., marries second wife Sue Ruffin, two years after first wife dies
1925: Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr. born
1928: Harrison Ruffin Tyler born
12 February 1935: Lyon Gardiner Tyler Sr. dies, aged 81

Im sorry. I have to be skeptical when they are claiming that Napolean Bonaparte was conquoring Europe that late. Especially when Napolean was doing that when John Tyler was a child.

Leading up isn't exactly a definite time period, so I'm assuming they mean when he started his political career(1811), Napoleon was still going strong.

and were born 140 YEARS after their grandfatherJohn Tyler's wife Julia was 30 years his junior

John Tyler, the tenth president of the United States, was born in 1790. He grew up on a Virginia plantation, became a lawyer, and went on to the White House after the death of his predecessor, William Henry Harrison in 1841.
In the years leading up to his presidency, horse-drawn carriages were the mode du jour, Arkansas, Michigan, Maine, and Missouri became states, and across the sea, Napoleon Bonaparte was conquering Europe.
But it has been revealed that two of the president’s grandsons are still alive – and were born nearly 140 years after their grandfather was.

The Tea Party would have considered him Acting President Tyler, not President Tyler.

• Banned

The Tea Party would have considered him Acting President Tyler, not President Tyler.
Don't be a dick.

Don't be a dick.

He cant help, You cant fix stupid

Based on what exactly?

Don't be a dick.

Not sure he can help it. You are what you eat after all.

Don't be a dick.

Before the 25th amendment, where does the Constitution say that the Vice President becomes the President when the President dies? It doesn't.

Forum List

Back