The 10th Amendment

I want the Federal government to make all decisions on nationwide scope problems because each state deciding on their own solution is wasteful. The states are much more alike than different.

The world sees us as the United States. That perception is critical to our position in the world. A bunch of disorganized little fiefdoms would render us third world very quickly.

So, why do we allow people to live in houses and make decisions. Why does not the federal government just put us all in apartments and tell us what to eat.

Each family making decisions is wasteful. Or am I missing something ?

The household is the most local organizational entity. They make all of the decisions that affect only their family. Which is the vast majority of decisions that affect them.

And so on up. Every level decides what affects only them. When a decision needs to be made that affects more than one else locale it must be made at a level "over" all affected locale.

To get back to my original post, what we have evolved to works. We don't need to fix what's not broken.

PMZ we have insane amounts of debt. Peoples rights are being taken away. Our healthcare reform is giving out free health care to the poor, yet our veterans wait years for treatment. Yeah. Systems great.

So, why do we allow people to live in houses and make decisions. Why does not the federal government just put us all in apartments and tell us what to eat.

The household is the most local organizational entity. They make all of the decisions that affect only their family. Which is the vast majority of decisions that affect them.

And so on up. Every level decides what affects only them. When a decision needs to be made that affects more than one else locale it must be made at a level "over" all affected locale.

To get back to my original post, what we have evolved to works. We don't need to fix what's not broken.

PMZ we have insane amounts of debt. Peoples rights are being taken away. Our healthcare reform is giving out free health care to the poor, yet our veterans wait years for treatment. Yeah. Systems great.

Ask what caused the debt. We have more rights and privileges than any humans who have ever walked the earth. Veterans have TriCare and the VA. Certainly much better health care than the poor here have ever had.

Ask what caused the debt. We have more rights and privileges than any humans who have ever walked the earth. Veterans have TriCare and the VA. Certainly much better health care than the poor here have ever had.

Poor people have been receiving Medicaid and getting doctors visits.

Veterans wait three years on back log to try and get treatment for PTSD and continuing care for lost limbs. Our rights are constantly eroded and the politicians receive bloated salaries and authorize themselves per diem and other allowances that further capitulate their greed. The system is broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your ignorance is as equal as your attempts to sound logical.

Veterans wait three years on back log to try and get treatment for PTSD and continuing care for lost limbs. Our rights are constantly eroded and the politicians receive bloated salaries and authorize themselves per diem and other allowances that further capitulate their greed. The system is broken.

I realize that you need a continuous supply of whining material. But, I'm sure that if we were so nuts as to elect a Republican majority in Congress or a Republican President, you immediately would become patriotic again.

All of these apocalyptic closet monsters would meekly return to their home and all will be fine.

This is what you get for letting Republicans program you.

PMZ I have told you so many times I'm not a Republican. Just because you're a Democrat doesn't mean I'm a Republican because we disagree. I'm a bigger patriot than you are by far. And your continuous references to Republican closet monsters are becoming meek arguments and are your tell of when you've run out of things to say.

You go tell veterans that they're whining when they ask for the benefits they bled for. Bush created this war on terror problem. Obama made it worse. Suicide rates are skyrocketing for active duty and veterans. And they're not committing suicide because they couldn't find their car keys like you civilians. This is the first time you've gone past the point of disrespectful P. I'm disappointed and I thought you would hold a much more mature debate than by telling me that I'm whining when I ask the people that served beside me get their dues. Go read a newspaper article about something or whatever it is you do to keep your pretentious BS self logic mind occupied.

Sorry I called you a Republican. My bad.

I will have to admit that I don't have first hand middle east military experience. I'm too old. However from the news, I see military casualties treated infinitely better than from any previous war.

I realize that you need a continuous supply of whining material. But, I'm sure that if we were so nuts as to elect a Republican majority in Congress or a Republican President, you immediately would become patriotic again.

All of these apocalyptic closet monsters would meekly return to their home and all will be fine.

This is what you get for letting Republicans program you.

PMZ I have told you so many times I'm not a Republican. Just because you're a Democrat doesn't mean I'm a Republican because we disagree. I'm a bigger patriot than you are by far. And your continuous references to Republican closet monsters are becoming meek arguments and are your tell of when you've run out of things to say.

You go tell veterans that they're whining when they ask for the benefits they bled for. Bush created this war on terror problem. Obama made it worse. Suicide rates are skyrocketing for active duty and veterans. And they're not committing suicide because they couldn't find their car keys like you civilians. This is the first time you've gone past the point of disrespectful P. I'm disappointed and I thought you would hold a much more mature debate than by telling me that I'm whining when I ask the people that served beside me get their dues. Go read a newspaper article about something or whatever it is you do to keep your pretentious BS self logic mind occupied.

I will have to admit that I don't have first hand middle east military experience. I'm too old. However from the news, I see military casualties treated infinitely better than from any previous war.

Vietnam Vets are still in line to get benefits. The beginning process of handling major wounds is taken care of while they're on active duty. Then they get the bucket and wait in line. The system is broken.

Vietnam Vets are still in line to get benefits. The beginning process of handling major wounds is taken care of while they're on active duty. Then they get the bucket and wait in line. The system is broken.

I know many old veterans who take real advantage of the VA. Maybe that's the problem.

Shawn,

Is this saying we don't have a good system or is it arguing for a different system.

The one place the federal government should be working is the army and wounded vets. That is their job and part of their responsibility. If they are not doing that job, I'd certainly like to know more about it so I can complain to my elected officials.

Link please.

While I agree with you that our rights are being eroded, what is worse is that our method of checks and balances has been corrupted.

Ted Kennedy (who I am so glad is dead) was a true bastard. He defaced and character assasinated Robert Bork as did our current sitting asshole Vice President. Then he turns around lectures John Roberts on the need to "preserve the gains of the past". A total populist with no respect for the law.

That is what happens when power concentrates in D.C.

That is why I am saying that people need to get back to turning their backs on Washington and insisting that their state legislatures take care of business....where they live not on the east coast where lobbyists can screw up laws to meet their own greedy ends.

What rights do you feel are being taken away if I might ask.

I know many old veterans who take real advantage of the VA. Maybe that's the problem.

You have a lot of jackasses that take a hearing test and claim disability. There are plenty of mooches that leave the military, too.

If you can get 1% disability, when you buy a house closing costs are waived. This is one of many reasons assholes take up VA resources to get little perks. It's disgusting.

I want the Federal government to make all decisions on nationwide scope problems because each state deciding on their own solution is wasteful. The states are much more alike than different.

The world sees us as the United States. That perception is critical to our position in the world. A bunch of disorganized little fiefdoms would render us third world very quickly.

It most certainly does not work by my standards. Please review Federalist 45 and understand that it was intended that states do the job.

Every level does not decide what effects them. The Constitution was written to specifically limit the federal government in what it could do. Traitors like FDR corrupted the system and men like Earl Warren made a shambles of our system because he wanted to do things that were "right" not constitutional. "Right" is subjective and WTF does he think he is ? Constitutional is readily discerned and he shamed the robe he wore.

I was gonna come in and yell at you guys, but you've actually done a good job getting the conversation back on track yourselves.

Remember, this is the Clean Debate Zone. Let's talk about the topic, not the poster.

I've deleted a few posts, and edited a few.

Shawn,

Is this saying we don't have a good system or is it arguing for a different system.

The one place the federal government should be working is the army and wounded vets. That is their job and part of their responsibility. If they are not doing that job, I'd certainly like to know more about it so I can complain to my elected officials.

Link please.

While I agree with you that our rights are being eroded, what is worse is that our method of checks and balances has been corrupted.

Ted Kennedy (who I am so glad is dead) was a true bastard. He defaced and character assasinated Robert Bork as did our current sitting asshole Vice President. Then he turns around lectures John Roberts on the need to "preserve the gains of the past". A total populist with no respect for the law.

That is why I am saying that people need to get back to turning their backs on Washington and insisting that their state legislatures take care of business....where they live not on the east coast where lobbyists can screw up laws to meet their own greedy ends.

Funny. Europe is jealous of our position and is trying to emulate our union, and people like are trying to destroy the union and become like Europe.

It most certainly does not work by my standards. Please review Federalist 45 and understand that it was intended that states do the job.

Every level does not decide what effects them. The Constitution was written to specifically limit the federal government in what it could do. Traitors like FDR corrupted the system and men like Earl Warren made a shambles of our system because he wanted to do things that were "right" not constitutional. "Right" is subjective and WTF does he think he is ? Constitutional is readily discerned and he shamed the robe he wore.

You can try to sell your self serving, let's honor what the founders couldn't agree on over what they did.

You are representing a fringe group that always loses but never dies, States righters.

You don't have to look at many contemporary state governments to see what a bad idea giving them more responsibility is.

What you are really selling is super gerrymandering. Let each party take their States so that negotiating and statemenship aren't needed.

The recreation of the Civil War.

Shawn,

Link please.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130315/BENEFITS04/303150016/

That will give you an idea of VA issues.

The tenth amendment gives states rights, just as Texas pays for all college of veterans. More states should be seeking to grant programs like this, not just for vets but more young people.

The fourth, fifth, and first amendments are being restricted duur to the NDAA and Parriot Act.

You don't have to look at many contemporary state governments to see what a bad idea giving them more responsibility is.

Please provide examples.

This is a an accusation that you won't support in three sentences. Make it good.

You are representing a fringe group that always loses but never dies, States righters.

You mean like the SCOTUS that kept defeating FDR. The same SCOTUS he tried to pack because they were in his way and the same SCOTUS he essentially blackmailed into doing things his way ? Were they a fringe ?

What you are really selling is super gerrymandering. Let each party take their States so that negotiating and statemenship aren't needed.

Please explain to me what you mean.

I find these kind of "hints" to be difficult to decipher. The lack of examples or supporting documentation makes it tough to know just what you mean.

Shawn,

Link please.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130315/BENEFITS04/303150016/

That will give you an idea of VA issues.

The tenth amendment gives states rights, just as Texas pays for all college of veterans. More states should be seeking to grant programs like this, not just for vets but more young people.

The fourth, fifth, and first amendments are being restricted duur to the NDAA and Parriot Act.

Your reference indicates that the problem of the growing veterans population and it's impact on health care services is being addressed. Hopefully we'll keep from shutting the government down long enough for progress to be made.

My only insight is from the perspective of older veterans using it for their normal health care. Many save money that way over using Medicare.

Perhaps the use of VA facilities ought to be focused more on recent war injured and less on elderly veteran health care for which there are civilian alternatives.

Please provide examples.

This is a an accusation that you won't support in three sentences. Make it good.

The ones that I know first hand are New York and Florida.

New York has an effective Governor but a legislature as ineffective as Congress has been rendered. While Cuomo has made some progress, it's a long, long way from a done deal.

Florida has an inept Governor and a nondescript legislature. Gov Scott, of Medicare fraud fame, ran when there was a large Tea Party infestation in Florida's electorate. He got elected for his recitation of two sentences. Jobs for everyone, and the dismantling of government.

He knew that, but never credited Obama for, the National recovery from the Great Recession, which brought jobs back to Florida.

He started to dismantle government but now that he's up for re-election has decided to undo much of what he did. Enormously wasteful.

I don't have other first hand experience but Texas and Wisconsin and Michigan strike me as other good candidates.

Last edited:

I find these kind of "hints" to be difficult to decipher. The lack of examples or supporting documentation makes it tough to know just what you mean.

Gerrymandering is redistricting to lock in partisan support demographics.

States rights is the same idea. To not dilute areas strong in one party or the other, in order to reduce the influence of the other party, at least in that area.

The classic example is the Confederacy, designed to eliminate Republican influence.

Gerrymandering is redistricting to lock in partisan support demographics.

States rights is the same idea. To not dilute areas strong in one party or the other, in order to reduce the influence of the other party, at least in that area.

The classic example is the Confederacy, designed to eliminate Republican influence.

Any of the current districts will prove only that both parties are attempting to gerrymander their constituents in order to secure votes. Corrupt all of them.

Forum List

Back