The 100 year war lie.

Republicans will forever suckle the teet of 9/11.

Obama said his goal was to bankrupt America. Bush is helping him reach his goal with runaway deficit spending.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I agree, Obama's trillion dollars in new governmental spending should do the job......:eusa_whistle:

Do you realize how ignorant that statement is? Troops aren't trained to build alternative energy power stations. Let's envision this, a Tank operator building an alternative energy power station.....hmmm...:cuckoo:

It was not a serious suggestion.

Just a metaphor.

I Posted this on another thread, but I think it deserves it's own.

I am getting sick of seeing people repeat the same tired lie over and over.

The salient point in this discussion is McCain, aka Bush III, is condoning an illegal war.

"I repeat: the entire war and occupation are immoral. If you criticize the Bush administration on the grounds that it "bungled" the war, this leaves one, and only one, inevitable implication: if they had prosecuted the war and occupation "competently," then you would have no complaints whatsoever. That is: you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq were justified and moral. If that's what you actually think, you belong in the Bush camp. You're arguing over managerial style, and about issues that are entirely trivial."

paradigm iraq immoral

Once Upon a Time...: Trapped in the Wrong Paradigm: Three Handy Rules

So, what does he support then? You've told us he doesn't support being in Iraq for 100 years (even though your post (and his words) clearly states that Senator McCain believes that we may be staying in Iraq for 100 years)...

I'll bite... if Senator McCain only thinks we should stay in Iraq while no one is getting hurt... ...how long does he support us staying there while servicemen and women ARE being attacked and killed? I ask because the fantasy world where no Americans are being attacked or killed in Iraq doesn't exist in reality world where the rest of us live.

Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

I've been dropping by this messageboard for years and, yes... that is his only answer to anyone who disagrees with him. It's kind of sad in that regard because he could probably be a decent debater if he wasn't such a one-note-Sally. He's capable of building cogent arguments which sets him apart from most of the right-wing... but he never bothers using it relying on his "you're a troll" line for every debate.

Prediction: RGS will say I'm a troll.

I've been dropping by this messageboard for years and, yes... that is his only answer to anyone who disagrees with him. It's kind of sad in that regard because he could probably be a decent debater if he wasn't such a one-note-Sally. He's capable of building cogent arguments which sets him apart from most of the right-wing... but he never bothers using it relying on his "you're a troll" line for every debate.

Obviously you are delusional. All your buddies claim I am to stupid to string a sentence together.

So, what does he support then? You've told us he doesn't support being in Iraq for 100 years (even though your post (and his words) clearly states that Senator McCain believes that we may be staying in Iraq for 100 years)...

I'll bite... if Senator McCain only thinks we should stay in Iraq while no one is getting hurt... ...how long does he support us staying there while servicemen and women ARE being attacked and killed? I ask because the fantasy world where no Americans are being attacked or killed in Iraq doesn't exist in reality world where the rest of us live.
The question that suprisingly few are actually asking...

Here we go again.

If you don't vote for the Republican of my choice, you love terrorists.

Jesus, boys, give it a rest.

They only people you impress with that specious logic are people who are already going to vote for McCain.

Ravi's analysis: McCain was admitting that if he is elected that we'd still be fighting AQ 100 years from now, therefore it would be okay if we were still occupying Iraq.

This is what McCain said:

Last month, at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire, a crowd member asked McCain about a Bush statement that troops could stay in Iraq for 50 years.

"Maybe 100," McCain replied. "As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, it's fine with me and I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

...or a liar depending on whether he has had his meds that day.

Forum List

Back