The 10 Year Tax Lie

Most people don't realize how ripped off small businesses get from the government cuz they've never owed or run one. They just talk out their ass.

250,000 is not millionaire type money. It should not be taxed like it is.

Right, it can be peanuts especially when your debt to earnings ratio, is very high, which most people tend to live within their means, and up to their income level.

Yes sirree. YOU just keep telling yourself that Americans would be happy with a President that we know is dodging his taxes. Whether he did it legally makes no difference. When you are as richy rich as Mittens and you want to reduce taxes further for you and your buddies, well not enough Americans could care less like you do, to get Mittens elected.

So I hope he never ever shows those taxes. Mittens might as well call it quits right now. Funny when your money means more to you than the office of the President. Go Mittens. Stand your ground.

Let's see. If someone follows the tax laws, that is does absolutely nothing illegal, he's dodging paying taxes and thus not presidential material. Because in your pea brain doing something completely legal makes no difference.

Okay, we get it.

wrongwinger... why should it only and always be the 'rich' who sacrifice?? The poor have not had a stake in the game for decades...

And don't give me the 'poor do sacrifice' bullshit, for their sacrifices are due to their own choices, actions, efforts, etc... things they do to themselves

Because the rich have the most to sacrifice

If there was $100 to distribute among 100 people

One person would have $34.60
19 People would have $2.66 each
80 people would have 19 cents each

ALL MY EYES: Wealth Distribution For Dummies

Last edited:
Yes sirree. YOU just keep telling yourself that Americans would be happy with a President that we know is dodging his taxes. Whether he did it legally makes no difference. When you are as richy rich as Mittens and you want to reduce taxes further for you and your buddies, well not enough Americans could care less like you do, to get Mittens elected.

So I hope he never ever shows those taxes. Mittens might as well call it quits right now. Funny when your money means more to you than the office of the President. Go Mittens. Stand your ground.

Let's see. If someone follows the tax laws, that is does absolutely nothing illegal, he's dodging paying taxes and thus not presidential material. Because in your pea brain doing something completely legal makes no difference.

Okay, we get it.

Mitt is not breaking any laws

But how does Mitt justify his platform of more tax cuts for the rich when he pays such a low effective rate?

Okay, we get it.

Mitt is not breaking any laws

But how does Mitt justify his platform of more tax cuts for the rich when he pays such a low effective rate?

What's to justify? He's paying what the tax code requires. He didn't write the tax laws. Blame Charlie Rangel and his committee or their predecessors, but Mitt's in the clear.

wrongwinger... why should it only and always be the 'rich' who sacrifice?? The poor have not had a stake in the game for decades...

And don't give me the 'poor do sacrifice' bullshit, for their sacrifices are due to their own choices, actions, efforts, etc... things they do to themselves

Those 80 people need to work harder! (and continue to pay 15.3% of their income to the government every paycheck, even before accounting for standard income taxes)

If the Governor paid a tax rate of X, he can't ask others to pay greater than X unless he's also willing to blow up the rules that resulted in him paying that rate.

All indications from the stealth-like Romney campaign is that he likes the low tax rates he and other millionaires pay. Which is why the Senate passed the tax relief bill for those making less than $250K and the GOP quickly did nothing about it.

Taxes are a taxing problem for the GOP.
Really, so why do democrats not pay taxes? They advocate higher taxes, yet people like you, NEVER call them on it...interesting
Atleast Republicans are honest and say taxes suck and we dont want to pay them.

I'm an independent; not a democrat. But I do know that democrats do pay taxes.

Democrats are asking those making $250K+ to pay what, 1% more?

Meanwhile, the GOP has come out firmly in the pockets of those making $250K+ and are holding the middle income tax relief bill hostage on purely political reasons. And of course there is Governor Romney's insistence on not releasing his tax returns which continues to overshadow his fledgling campaign.

Yes, Taxes are a taxing problem for the GOP.
why do they need 1% more?

And your typical 'from each according to their ability, to each according to their need' bullshit

No... all who are citizens should share the burden... period.. no free passes, no unequal treatment...

And you can take your unequal distribution stats and shove them up your ass.. we have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail.. and whether someone succeeds or fails is not your business, nor the government's business

The one person provided jobs, food, services, and essentials to the other 99.

The 19 provided labor and effort to feed themselves and provide charitable contributions to add to the one person.

The 80 selfishly consumed all they had, demanded more from the other 20, and returned very little in return.

Is it really any wonder this breaks down like it does?

The 19 provided labor and effort to feed themselves and provide charitable contributions to add to the one person.

The 80 selfishly consumed all they had, demanded more from the other 20, and returned very little in return.

80% of Americans are lazy and selfish
More reason we need to elect more Republicans

The OP's own data shows that most presidents have released far more returns than Romney.

Im surprised at you...hopping on that choildish "tax return" band wagon.

If you recall....he released 2010.

So what does he get out of it?

One senator says "he committed a felony"

Another congressp[erson says "his 2010 return shows hidden overseas bank accounts"

(Sure...that makes sense....his return ShOWS HIDDEN bank accounts).

SO why should he release anymore?

SO the lying asshioles in congress use their air time to have press conferences to spin the truth so their sheep of a base have fodder to regurgitate?

Funny...I never saw him use the woird lazy...but you seemed to refer to those 80% as lazy.

Selfish?

Sure...very accurate....to demand more from those thast already pay the most? That is quite selfish.

Never said anything about lazy. Selfish, you bet. Anyone with a hand out to government for funds is selfish.

But never mind all that.

Why do we need more taxes above the current tax rate?

Those 80 people need to work harder! (and continue to pay 15.3% of their income to the government every paycheck, even before accounting for standard income taxes)

You mean before, of the 80, 47 of them get it all back? Interesting the government doesn't return the business' portion back for those 47 huh?

The OP's own data shows that most presidents have released far more returns than Romney.

Im surprised at you...hopping on that choildish "tax return" band wagon.

I don't find it childish at all. The man is running on reducing income tax rates for the wealthiest Americans. I find it relevant to know how this would impact him - and I think it's important for Americans to see what kind of rates people such as Mr. Romney actually pay and the lengths they go to to avoid paying.

If you recall....he released 2010.

So what does he get out of it?

One senator says "he committed a felony"

Which Senator said he committed a felony?

Another congressp[erson says "his 2010 return shows hidden overseas bank accounts"

(Sure...that makes sense....his return ShOWS HIDDEN bank accounts).
They were not disclosed in previous financial filings.

SO why should he release anymore?

(1) Because the American people deserve to know what kind of rates he's subject to

(2) because the political pressure will force his hand.

His problem is that he's stuck in a box - he won't release them for some reason, but any move to actually release them now will make him look weak (or expose information he doesn't want exposed).

Either way, he's in a lose-lose politically and it's beginning to show up in his favorability ratings. It's great politics and I'd expect both parties to run with it.

The Democrats are on record to increase their own tax rate

yet they did not do it voluntarily ion their own.

So I am curious...did those democrats who want to raise the tax rate on themselves take all of the legal deductions the tax code will allow them?

And by the way...Romney doesnt want to cut the taxes for the rich. He wants to cut the taxes for all Americans.

He does not feel that any American should be punsihed based oin their income level.

Sorry you think they should be.

Repubs have been using that silly argument for years. If you want to increase taxes....just pay more. Let me continue paying what I am

Any serious revenue increase will mean everyone in the bracket needs to pay more

Another common Republican ploy......But we are cutting taxes on EVERYONE
Republicans bitch that 47% don't pay taxes and then add more to the list with these petty tax cuts on the working poor while the wealthy pocket the bulk of the savings

How will Romney pay for his tax cuts? By slashing spending on welfare, education, public works, healthcare

What sacrifices is he asking the wealthy to make?

So why doesn't Obama do that then? Why doesn't he raise taxes on everyone??? :eusa_eh:
I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we? He's a dishonest snake oil salesman and his class warfare tactics are for nothing but creating division and envy with which he intends to capitalize politically. What that means essentially is that he needs people like the libs exampled in this thread to actually BELIEVE his ridiculous bullshit. Frankly, I do NOT understand why anybody would be willing to roll over and grease up for the likes of Barack Obama. He's a penny ante con man.

To begin with... if his lousy "eat the rich" scheme was actually important to him, he'd have passed it in 2009 when he had a bullet-proof majority in Congress. He didn't. And he didn't because Democrats KNEW all along that they'd be blamed for the damage it would cause in a down economy. Obama is even on record saying just that when he extended the Bush tax cuts last time.

Next, uncoupling the tax cuts in order to only raise taxes on the so-called "rich" would only raise 28 billion per year, while raising them on everyone would raise 300 billion per year. That's HARDLY the economic panacea Obama would have us believe it is. :eusa_whistle:
And with the federal government spending about 7 million per minute, that 28 billion isn't going to last too long, but the 300 billion would pay about two-thirds of the interest on our annual debt. Meanwhile back at the ranch, confiscating that 28 billion does have a negative affect on growth as it removes capital from small and midsized businesses and inflates the price of goods and services.

Obama is full of shit. His taxing strategy is nothing but a political gambit which doesn't raise enough money to actually amount to anything and still manages to put the squeeze on jobs and growth. The only person he actually cares about is HIMSELF. And he makes fools of the very people who support him, while all along he's only furthering his personal ambitions. He doesn't want to give up the House and the airplanes, helicopters, servants, and sycophants. THAT's his motivation.

Tell us... why should any American, no matter how filthy rich, give up one more thin dime when Obama isn't doing HIS job? Where's our budget? Where are the fixes for our broken entitlements? :eusa_eh:
This administration has behaved with blatant disregard to their responsibilities with OUR money. Why the hell would we give them any more?

Let's just quote the above for posterity. There you have it folks - how some supposed conservatives feel about the middle class.
Over half this country consumes 90% of the federal resources, but pay absolutely nothing.

You go ahead and quote it for posterity. The truth should always be quoted for posterity.

Perhaps YOU will answer the question.

Why do we need to raise taxes?

Forum List

Back