CDZ The 10 commandments which ones do leftys object to?

I can only guess number one maybe number two and three ..a serious question which others would a lefty have a problem.with?

1. I am the Lord your God, thou shall have no other gods before me.
  2. Thou shall not use the Lord's name in vain.
  3. Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy.
  4. Honor thy Mother and Father.
  5. Thou shall not kill.
  6. Thou shall not commit adultery.
  7. Thou shall not steal.
  8. Thou shall not bear false witness of thy neighbor.
  9. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife.
  10. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods.

Weird.

As an individual I see no point in:

2,3 and 4.

Heck, 3 sounds like it will lower national productivity.

I can only guess number one maybe number two and three ..a serious question which others would a lefty have a problem.with?

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.

Then there's also judge or you shall be judged likewise or some such wording, somewhere in the new testament. So, be careful about being judgemental, even of leftwing fanatics, if you're truly a believer.
Judging is not one of the 10 Commandments.

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.
11. Put mo' money in the coffers of this non-profit that doesn't pay taxes so we can get rich.

The only numbers that really apply are 4, 5, 6, and 7 which are common sense. The rest repeat, or are faith over reason BULLSHIT.

Organized religion bilks Americans out of $68B EVERY YEAR. Grow up folks!

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.

Number 10 goes right out the window with leftists

Corporate welfare takes more.

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.

Then there's also judge or you shall be judged likewise or some such wording, somewhere in the new testament. So, be careful about being judgemental, even of leftwing fanatics, if you're truly a believer.
Judging is not one of the 10 Commandments.

If you believe in faith over reason.

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.

Nobody does. They were in place long before the list you have in front of you....because it makes for a good society. Sumerians had them.

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.
11. Put mo' money in the coffers of this non-profit that doesn't pay taxes so we can get rich.

The only numbers that really apply are 4, 5, 6, and 7 which are common sense. The rest repeat, or are faith over reason BULLSHIT.

What #9 is a Bros code...

Why is it Christians seem to be so obsessed with the 10 Commandments- and less so with Jesus's commandments in the Bible?

Which of Jesus's commandments do Righties object to?

Jesus was asked: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments," (Matt 22:36-40, Amp).

Do Righties love their neighbor's- even when their neighbors are Muslims? Even when their neighbors are liberals?

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets," ((Matt 7:12 NIV).
"Settle matters quickly with your adversary"
"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison." (Matt 5:25 NIV)
"Get rid of whatever causes you to sin"
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." (Matt 5:29-30 NIV)

"Do Not Swear at All"

"But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one," (Matt 5:34-37 KJV).
"Do Not Resist an Evil Person"

(Turning the other cheek.)

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also," (Matt 5:38-39 NIV).

"Giving More than is Demanded"

(Going the extra mile)

"And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you," (Matt 5:40-42 NIV).

"Love Your Enemies"

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous," (Matt 5:43-45 NIV).

"Give to Please God, Not to be Seen"

"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven," (Matt 6:1 NIV).

"Pray Privately, Not to be Seen of Men"

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words,"
(Matt 6:5-7 NIV).

"Do not Store up Treasures on Earth"

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also,"
(Matt 6:19-21 NIV).

"Settle Disputes Between Believers in this Manner..."

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector,"
(Matt 18:15-17 NIV).

"Love One Another"

(This commandment of Jesus summarizes all the others.)

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you," (John 15:12 KJV).

5. Thou shall not kill.
  7. Thou shall not steal.

What #9 is a Bros code...

Takes two to tango.

Forum List

Back