The 10 best PC games of 2019

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

If your favorite didn't make it, believe me, it pained us just as much to make the cuts. 2019's been a hell of a year.

Other than PAC-Man and Pong, I’ve never been into computer games other than Solitaire and a couple of other card games. Thus, I have no way of telling how accurate this is.

Resident Evil 2

Heaven’s Vault

Control
Planet Zoo
Baba is You
Hypnospace Outlaw
Metro Exodus
Observation
Outer Wilds
Best Game of 2019: Disco Elysium
Age of Empires II - Honorable Mention
Yakuza Kiwami - Honorable Mention
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Honorable Mention

With current animation and coding, I expected a whole lot better graphics than showed in some of the trailers.

Check out the reasoning @ The 10 best PC games of 2019

Epic's giving away 12 free games over 12 days to finish out 2019 @ Epic's giving away 12 free games over 12 days to finish out 2019

Planet Zoo? WTF?

Why isn't ARMA3 on there? One of the absolute best military simulation games ever produced. It was first debuted in 2013 and has been continually updated and upgraded ever since. How about maps so large that you have to buy vehicles or aircraft to move you to the operations area? You can be different types of soldiers and have different weapons. Some battles are at night using night vision scopes. Want to get the shit scared out of you? Do a night map advancing on the enemy stronghold crawling at a snails pace through the tree and brush line and you hear footsteps. You immediately cease all movement and look around. Less than 10 feet in front of you you see an enemy soldier who is LOOKING FOR YOU.

Oh yea, did I mention the online multiplayer is phenomenal? 3 teams of up to 35 players each. Each battle can last for hours if they're evenly matched.

It's nothing like Call of Duty. That's considered an arcade style military simulation with almost no attempt at realism. ARMA3 focuses on realism and builds a game around it. Realistic gun lethality, bullet drop, sound, and even the pace of the game. You might be in ARMA3 20 minutes before you even make it to the battle area (known as the AO, or "area of operations") in the game. And if you die you respawn back at base and have to fly yourself, ride in someone's heli or drive yourself back to the AO. So in ARMA 3 people tend to be more careful than in COD. They don't want to die, it's a PITA if you do.

Actual screenshots from ARMA3:

arma3_screenshot_01.jpg

arma3_screenshot_e3_03_mission_4.jpg

full-6177-52821-arma3_2013_03_06_17_40_30_36.jpg

Last edited:

If your favorite didn't make it, believe me, it pained us just as much to make the cuts. 2019's been a hell of a year.

Other than PAC-Man and Pong, I’ve never been into computer games other than Solitaire and a couple of other card games. Thus, I have no way of telling how accurate this is.

Resident Evil 2

Heaven’s Vault

Control
Planet Zoo
Baba is You
Hypnospace Outlaw
Metro Exodus
Observation
Outer Wilds

With current animation and coding, I expected a whole lot better graphics than showed in some of the trailers.

Epic's giving away 12 free games over 12 days to finish out 2019 @ Epic's giving away 12 free games over 12 days to finish out 2019

Don't own any of them, never played any of them. Oh well.

..good--Red Dead is on PC now...looks great ....wish there would be more multiplayers for the Old West games ...Call of Juarez Bound in Blood was very good

Resident Evil 2

Heaven’s Vault

Control
Planet Zoo
Baba is You
Hypnospace Outlaw
Metro Exodus
Observation
Outer Wilds

Sea battle intellivision ....wait that's 1979

Forum List

Back