The 10 Best Evidences from Science that Confirm a Young Earth

Sorry, have to run--see you all later this evening.

Did my Southern accent slip into my writing? That happens whenever I'm sleepy, so pardon me.

This is exactly the response I expected from you atheist fools. Now, how about trying to refute what I posted? It might fool someone Into thinking you have some intelligence.
Mr.....civilization as recognized by the bible may be 6,000 years old....but the age of the planet Earth.....is much, much older....

The earth is only a few thousand years old. That’s a fact, plainly revealed in God’s Word. So we should expect to find plenty of evidence for its youth. And that’s what we find—in the earth’s geology, biology, paleontology, and even astronomy.
The 10 Best Evidences from Science that Confirm a Young Earth Answers in Genesis

What a farcical report. The "best evidence" is a story, written decades after the principles were long dead, that is itself based on stories that are over 1000 years old and were picked and chosen from other tales that in some cases were over 1000 years old, were then compiled into a book after a congregation in the 800's, and were then thought about by a Bishop while lounging in his bath, and you all think that that trumps actual observed relationships in the physical world.

Ridiculous.

Hi, I'm back

point 8) Short lived comets

Refutation 8)

Still trying to figure out how this proves a young Earth. Need argument for the case before I can post a refutation. Let assume the argument for comets are short lived is true, then what is the argument that prevents new objects from being caught by the sun gravitation and becoming comets themselves?

Scientist argue for a region called a Kuiper belt/zone/orbit that replenishes it. If it exists or not seems to be the point here, not how comets are created which is needed to justify a young earth.

If there is more info explaining how this is the case for a young earth, please present it.

The earth is only a few thousand years old. That’s a fact, plainly revealed in God’s Word. So we should expect to find plenty of evidence for its youth. And that’s what we find—in the earth’s geology, biology, paleontology, and even astronomy.
The 10 Best Evidences from Science that Confirm a Young Earth Answers in Genesis
Mr Right....you are wrong.....
Can you refute any of the evidence I provided?

Mr. Right...I will take one moment to refute just one--the first one--of your so-called evidences. The strata on the sea floor is young. From a geological point of view, the seafloors are younger than most of the strata forming the continents. The reason is that the sea floors are constantly being subducted and melted deep in the Earth's interior. The oldest seafloor rocks are approximately 180 million years old. Continents are much older, with the oldest rocks found in Greenland and Australia dating back to or before 4.2 billion years. While your comment that seafloors are young...well, comparatively speaking, that's true, but only from a legitimate geological point of view. They're still pretty dang ancient!

Now, a question for you. Why is it such an issue with fundamentalist Christians that the Earth be young in human terms? The Christian God is supposedly eternal, and has no pressure to create worlds quickly. A million or a billion years to such an entity would be inconsequential. In fact, many scientists who are also Christian, feel an increased sense of awe when they contemplate a God capable of creative projects lasting millions or billions of years. That's a lot more impressive than one who rushes through and finishes in a human week. Fundamentalists claim God created Man(kind) in His own image. Taking time to experiment with a wide variety of life forms over millions of years, analyzing the results and guiding life changes to create improved versions gradually and giving them a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits (Evolution), seems much more in tune with God and humans being alike, than having a God who always gets it right the first time. If we were made like Him, then that would indicate that he's also much like us, and humans would certainly experiment with life projects over an extended time to get it right. Frankly, I just don't see the reason for such emotional upheaval over the findings of science. Rather, I see science as evidence in favor of a greater, grander God than anything the fundamentalists are defending. Namaste.

Since God said we can not know his mind or his time any attempt to place a marker on how old the earth is from the Bible is foolish and wrong. The earth is not 6000 years old science has shown that. Nothing in real science is against God or his laws. What a dumb thing to claim.

I'm a multi-dimensional being with the power to travel through both time and space.

True story!

I'm a multi-dimensional being with the power to travel through both time and space.

True story!
Yes it is true, we live in a 4 dimensional world (that would be multi-dimensional) and we can travel forwards through time and travelling through space is going anywhere in any direction.

So please, there isn't a fucking thing supporting young earth. It is no surprise that someone that is anti-science would post such bullcrap.
Then you shouldn't have any problem refuting my evidence. Assuming you actually read it. Which I sincerely doubt.
Refute your "evidence"?
The article you posted offers no evidence other than saying that the Earth is young because the bible says that G-d says so.
That's not evidence of anything.
Anyway, what the heck does it matter to you how old the planet is?

Mr Right....you are wrong.....
Can you refute any of the evidence I provided?

Mr. Right...I will take one moment to refute just one--the first one--of your so-called evidences. The strata on the sea floor is young. From a geological point of view, the seafloors are younger than most of the strata forming the continents. The reason is that the sea floors are constantly being subducted and melted deep in the Earth's interior. The oldest seafloor rocks are approximately 180 million years old. Continents are much older, with the oldest rocks found in Greenland and Australia dating back to or before 4.2 billion years. While your comment that seafloors are young...well, comparatively speaking, that's true, but only from a legitimate geological point of view. They're still pretty dang ancient!

Now, a question for you. Why is it such an issue with fundamentalist Christians that the Earth be young in human terms? The Christian God is supposedly eternal, and has no pressure to create worlds quickly. A million or a billion years to such an entity would be inconsequential. In fact, many scientists who are also Christian, feel an increased sense of awe when they contemplate a God capable of creative projects lasting millions or billions of years. That's a lot more impressive than one who rushes through and finishes in a human week. Fundamentalists claim God created Man(kind) in His own image. Taking time to experiment with a wide variety of life forms over millions of years, analyzing the results and guiding life changes to create improved versions gradually and giving them a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits (Evolution), seems much more in tune with God and humans being alike, than having a God who always gets it right the first time. If we were made like Him, then that would indicate that he's also much like us, and humans would certainly experiment with life projects over an extended time to get it right. Frankly, I just don't see the reason for such emotional upheaval over the findings of science. Rather, I see science as evidence in favor of a greater, grander God than anything the fundamentalists are defending. Namaste.

"Why is it such an issue with fundamentalist Christians that the Earth be young in human terms?"

I can answer that question and I am not a YEC, Bibical literalists or fundy. I put it as nice and quick as I possibly can.

If Genesis is not literal and true--then what are they really talking about when Jews/Christians/Muslims talk of God?

It is amazing how Western theists create a disconnect between their concept of God(which is influenced by the Bible) and Genesis definition/description of God.

Fundies do not make that mistake--and, logically, they are correct on this issue.

Atheists are usually wrong. Remember the homo naledi skeletons one guy found in 2015? The black South Africans are claiming racism because they are not descended from apes like the evos believe ha ha. Not only that, the skeletons could be fraud similar to another Piltdown Man. A whole generation was tricked into believing they actually came from apes. This recent news finally explains who and how it was done -- Human Ancestor Hoax At Piltdown Finally Solved .

"The Dinaledi chamber is extremely hard to access today, raising the question of how the creatures came to be there. They may have clambered in and become stuck, or died when water filled the cave. But Berger and his colleagues favour a more radical explanation. “We have, after eliminating all of the probable, come to the conclusion that Homo naledi was utilising this chamber in a ritualised fashion to deliberately dispose of its dead,” Berger said.

The team lays out fossils of Homo naledi at the University of the Witwatersrand’s Evolutionary Studies Institute. Photograph: Robert Clark/National Geographic
The conclusion is not widely accepted by others. “Intentional disposal of rotting corpses by fellow pinheads makes a nice headline, but seems like a stretch to me,” said Jungers. Zollikofer agrees. “The ‘new species’ and ‘dump-the-dead’ claims are clearly for the media. None of them is substantiated by the data presented in the publications,” he said. Hawks is open to other explanations, but said that disposal made sense. “The evidence really tends to exclude the idea that they entered the chamber one at a time, alive, over some time, because we have infants, small children, and very old adults who would almost certainly not have managed to get into this chamber without being deposited there.”
Chris Stringer, head of human origins at the Natural History Museum in London, said that how the creatures reached their final resting place was a “big puzzle”.
“If we’re talking about intentional disposal, we’re talking about creatures with a brain the size of a gorilla’s going deep into a cave, into the dark, and posting bodies through a small fissure into this cave chamber. It’s remarkably complex behaviour for what we’d think of as a very primitive human-like species. Whether there are other explanations remains to be seen, but it’s one of the plausible explanations,” he said."

The Christians are waiting to see what the Berger team has to say and how old the fossils are. They have offered to pay to find out if a sample of the bone can be provided (there were over 1500 bones found, so it's not like they can't spare one). It could be that Berger, who along with his daughter, are advanced spelunkers just set this whole find up in order to make big money. Here's a picture of them spelunking.

781.jpg

Full article here
Homo naledi: new species of ancient human discovered, claim scientists

Forum List

Back