The 1% Tip Was A Hoax

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The 1% Tip Hoax

The image originally was posted on a blog called "Future Ex-Banker" run by an anonymous blogger who said he worked in the corporate office of a bank for a boss who represented "everything wrong with the financial industry." He further claimed of this boss:

So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a "tip" of his own.

The image has now proven to be a hoax. The owner of the restaurant, True Food Kitchen, searched through their receipts and found the original copy, which included neither the stingy tip nor the insulting piece of advice. The "Future Ex-Banker" blog (futureexbanker.wordpress.com) has been taken down.

The USMB kitchen is open. Now serving crow.

So, apparently because this might have been fake, it means that no rich people are assholes and don't tip?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Work in a restaurant for a week and you'll see who tips and who doesn't.
The rich didn't get that way by tipping big.

So, apparently because this might have been fake, it means that no rich people are assholes and don't tip?

So your down to the "I have no evidence, but you all know Im right anyway" argument?

Do you realize how pathetic that argument is?

The 1% Tip Hoax

The image originally was posted on a blog called "Future Ex-Banker" run by an anonymous blogger who said he worked in the corporate office of a bank for a boss who represented "everything wrong with the financial industry." He further claimed of this boss:

So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a "tip" of his own.

The image has now proven to be a hoax. The owner of the restaurant, True Food Kitchen, searched through their receipts and found the original copy, which included neither the stingy tip nor the insulting piece of advice. The "Future Ex-Banker" blog (futureexbanker.wordpress.com) has been taken down.

The USMB kitchen is open. Now serving crow.

we know it was a hoax. I was the first one to post the specifics on the hoax in the original thread, although several posters agreed with me that a hoax was possible/likely.

So your down to the "I have no evidence, but you all know Im right anyway" argument?

you really want to take away his only ammunition? ;)

My mother was a waitress for nearly twenty years. I have dated many waitresses, and even married one. I even delivered pizza for a second income during my divorce.

So here is what I found about tipping. The best tippers are middle income earners. Especially blue collar workers. Rich people did not tip well, but they did not tip badly, either. But every once in a while you get a rich guy who tips very lavishly. The worst tippers were black people.

Using the intended implications behind what you were trying to say, what conclusions should I make about black people?

Last edited:

This.

you really want to take away his only ammunition? ;)

Yes. Yes I do. Then he might actually have to productive and find some more.

Most might say black people are the worst tippers.......

Forum List

Back