The 1%'s have more money than me and I DONT CARE

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,805
    I'm not jealous or greedy. It's their money and their ingenuity that enabled them to aquire their wealth. I am responsible for me and me alone. It is not my job to worry about the wealthy or the poor. I donate to the poor and congratulate the rich. When I'm not doing that I'm trying to better my own life rather than obsessing about everyone else. The rich haven't held me back but rather provided the opportunity for me to take my first few steps to self reliance by providing me my first few jobs. Unlike many I wasn't content with minimum wage and educated myself so that I could become more.

I feel sorry for those of you who have no self confidence and choose to blame everyone else for your own situation. If "I" an excon can make it to a six figure income then there are no excuses for anyone else. Your lack of achievements are your own fault. Suck it up and do something about it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    but ... but ... but

3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,805
    Exactly

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    That's fine.

NEXT??!!!

5. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,805
    This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.

I suspect large print is in order tho

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Agreed.

He does have a small problem with consistency.​

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Aw, c'mon......even an old-fart, like you, must still have a lil' o' the ol' "conservative"-masochist (in you), and enjoy a good smackin'-around, from-time-to-time.

:cool:

8. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,845
    My financial future is in a very solid position.
    However, I do have a huge problem with the fact that the very few are gobbling up more and more of the share of the US's National Income. In 2010, the working class's share of the National Income was at a record low. This is not healthy for the US economy or for future generations. Two of the benefits of capitalism don't fit today's world. ("Creates a higher standard of living for all" and"Narrows the gap between common person and wealthy"). No wonder capitalism as it was meant to be is struggling in the US.
    Grampa, it's gotten very hard for people to achieve when the job market is so bad. For 4 of every job seekers, there are no jobs, period.

"The total number of job openings in June was 2.9 million, while Current Population Survey data for that month shows that the total number of unemployed workers was 14.6 million. This means that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings was 5.0-to-1, a slight improvement from the revised May ratio of 5.1-to-1. Importantly, this ratio does not measure the number of applicants for each job. There may be throngs of applicants for every job posting, since job seekers apply for multiple jobs. The 5-to-1 ratio means that there is literally only one job opening for every five unemployed workers (that is, for every four out of five unemployed workers there simply are no jobs).
    For four out of five unemployed workers, there are no jobs | Economic Policy Institute

Flat wages are bad and the lack of jobs is very, very bad, especially when American companies are highly profitable and sitting on trillions of dollars of cash. That is capitalism gone bad.

9. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,825
    I's always happy when my fellow human does good for himself.

So long as he didn't screw anybody along the way.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  10. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,805
    That's the American dream for the left. Myself, rather than whine about the plight of the poor (which I was) I made changes in my life and took risks to better my situation. All the complaining in the world changes nothing. Actions do.