The 1/2 Hour News Hour

With the sample that I saw with Rush and Mann Coulter, all they did was throw INSULTS at democrats/liberals. With Bill Maher and Jon Stewart they let the POLITICIANS (mostly idiot right wingers) make FOOLS OF THEMSELVES and rarely throw any insults.

With the Dems and their buds in the liberal media all upset over the show, that tells me the show will do well.

With the sample that I saw with Rush and Mann Coulter, all they did was throw INSULTS at democrats/liberals. With Bill Maher and Jon Stewart they let the POLITICIANS (mostly idiot right wingers) make FOOLS OF THEMSELVES and rarely throw any insults.

You're joking right? They do nothing BUT throw insults. Atleast Mahr does. Im not familiar enough with Stewart.

I finally saw this show last night. Missed the first one, which I guess was last week.

This one started with Limbaugh as president, Coulter as VP. Didn't the first show do that, too?

It looks amateurish, to the point of being trite. Maybe that's what they're trying to do? Maybe they're trying to appeal to the general TV audience, the same people who believe there's manmade global warming, and the ones who believe that if we call off the war, so will the terrorists.

The comedy was OK, the jokes pretty plain and predictable. Couild have been done better IMHO. Still, it's a good start. There's a HUGE amount of potential for this sort of thing, it fills the largest gap there is in broadcast journalism.

I finally saw this show last night. Missed the first one, which I guess was last week.

This one started with Limbaugh as president, Coulter as VP. Didn't the first show do that, too?

It looks amateurish, to the point of being trite. Maybe that's what they're trying to do? Maybe they're trying to appeal to the general TV audience, the same people who believe there's manmade global warming, and the ones who believe that if we call off the war, so will the terrorists.

The comedy was OK, the jokes pretty plain and predictable. Couild have been done better IMHO. Still, it's a good start. There's a HUGE amount of potential for this sort of thing, it fills the largest gap there is in broadcast journalism.
I generally agree with you. There's definitely a huge market here, and, if well done, a conservative comedy show would definitely have appeal. The problem is that this particular show fails to "be funny". I can't but feel like it's corny and overdone. The product of a bunch of suits so to speak.

My feeling is that they need to ditch the laugh track and get some new hosts, and then hire writers. Plus I kinda feel that they're putting too much emphasis on being conservative and not enough on the funny. Sure, Jon Stewart is definitely on the liberal side, but he doesn't pull the punches when it comes to democrats (for a somewhat noteworthy example I'd suggest you look for the segment where Stewart calls for Charles Rangel's resignation). The Daily Show is first and foremost a comedy show, and, if the 1/2 News Hour (bad name now that I think of it. Too obvious) is going to really work then they're definitely going to need to shift the focus.

I watched a few clips floating around YouTube. It really isn't that great. It needs to get new writers for sure and the hosts should probably change, though they have potential themselves.

I read some right wing site bashed this show though.

New Topics

Forum List

Back