"that's not in the constitution!

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
I'm curious, what things aren't in the constitution that we have now that should be defunded or killed all together?

Oddball, you won't be happy until the federal government ceases to exist. You think that everything the federal government does has to be explicitly listed in the constitution? Well, that's not how it works. That's not the system of government that our constitution set out for us. It's clear that you don't like our country or our government, and you want something completely different. So why don't you move somewhere else?

It would actually be easier to list the few things that ARE in the Constitution and which SHOULDN'T be cut out of the budget. I would guess that in excess of 85% of non-military spending is UnConstitutional and probably about half of the current military spending is UnConstitutional.

Ooooo...He wants a list.

The Departments of Energy, Commerce, Labor, Education, a central bank, HHS, HUD, EPA, FHA, BLM, TVA, FDA, DEA, ATF, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, farm subsidies, CPB/NPR/PBS/, EEOC, ONDCP, Ad Council, NRC....

Need more, or is that a good enough start for you?

I think he said Constitution, not Articles of Confederation.

But yeah, right, the EPA is unconstitutional because pollution never crosses state lines.:lol:

Oddball, you won't be happy until the federal government ceases to exist. You think that everything the federal government does has to be explicitly listed in the constitution? Well, that's not how it works. That's not the system of government that our constitution set out for us. It's clear that you don't like our country or our government, and you want something completely different. So why don't you move somewhere else?
James Madison...y'know the principal author of the Constitution...disagrees.

From Federalist #45:

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State."

I'm curious, what things aren't in the constitution that we have now that should be defunded or killed all together?

most everything.

if you actually read the constitution (pre-amendments) you will find it is nothing more than a roberts rules of order for government;

in the amendments we have; freedom of press, weapons....well
that's about it....

so
according to both the constitution and the amendments you have practically NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER

rights? NOT listed;

to have a job
to own property
to get married
to have children
to own a car
to drive a car
to eat
to education
on and on and on......

I think maybe you need to go back and re-read Article I, Sections 8 & 9 and the Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution. Somehow I think you missed a lot of what's in there.

You have to understand Libertarians. They're guys who play Fantasy Politics, essentially, kind of like Rotisserie baseball, or fantasy football, whatever....

They have a pretend party, with a pretend platform, and pretend candidates that they pretend to enter in elections.

And then they have a beer.

I can't find the words "supercarrier", "stealth bomber" or "attack drone" in the Constitution either. Hmmmmmmm:eusa_eh:

God, not that smelly old red herring again.

But you can find, in Article 1, Section 8...

To raise and support Armies..

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To...exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

You have to understand Libertarians. They're guys who play Fantasy Politics, essentially, kind of like Rotisserie baseball, or fantasy football, whatever....

They have a pretend party, with a pretend platform, and pretend candidates that they pretend to enter in elections.

And then they have a beer.
You also have to understand that know-it-all liberoidal douchebags like carby are way smarter than the guys who founded the nation. :rolleyes:

Oddball, you won't be happy until the federal government ceases to exist.
I'll be happy when the federal government does what is required of it by the Constitution and nothing else.
You think that everything the federal government does has to be explicitly listed in the constitution?
Yes
Well, that's not how it works.
True, but that's how it was designed to work.
That's not the system of government that our constitution set out for us.
It is precicely the system the Constitution set out. Have you ever read the US Constitution?
It's clear that you don't like our country or our government, and you want something completely different. So why don't you move somewhere else?
It's pretty clear that he and I do like the country as it was intended. Yes. We want something different from what we have now. We want the power of the federal government limited to what was enumerated in the Founding Document. Perhaps you should leave if you don't favor a Constitutional government.

I can't find the words "supercarrier", "stealth bomber" or "attack drone" in the Constitution either. Hmmmmmmm:eusa_eh:

God, not that smelly old red herring again.

But you can find, in Article 1, Section 8...

To raise and support Armies..

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To...exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

Which part of that covers our Nuclear weapons?

I think maybe you need to go back and re-read Article I, Sections 8 & 9 and the Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution. Somehow I think you missed a lot of what's in there.

There's nothing there that says that a question or issue or act must be explicitly described in the constitution for the federal government to be able to do it. It's not necessary for the constitution to give explicit authorization to create a Department of Education, in order for the federal government to be allowed to do it. This is why all this BS from so many extremist conservatives is exactly that. All this stuff that is supposedly unconstitutional, yet is regularly held up by the courts as being constitutional. Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot. We explain that away as judicial activism. It's all a grand conspiracy to destroy the constitution! Cue the Freemasons!

There's nothing there that says that a question or issue or act must be explicitly described in the constitution for the federal government to be able to do it. It's not necessary for the constitution to give explicit authorization to create a Department of Education, in order for the federal government to be allowed to do it. This is why all this BS from so many extremist conservatives is exactly that. All this stuff that is supposedly unconstitutional, yet is regularly held up by the courts as being constitutional. Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot. We explain that away as judicial activism. It's all a grand conspiracy to destroy the constitution! Cue the Freemasons!
James Madison...y'know the principal author of the Constitution...disagrees.

From Federalist #45:

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State."

Forum List

Back