That's Correct, Nobody is Special

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Moore County school system in Fayetteville, NC is having its high school graduation. Now, many of you may remember the honor cords you may have gotten, those little ropes that you hung around your neck to celebrate membership in specific honors programs. Well, the Moore County school system has banned all such cords from their graduation except ones recieved from the National Honor Society and North Carolina Scholars. This is why America is getting dumber, folks. The crappy government schools, which are accountable to nobody, concentrate so much on self esteem as to completely outlaw all expressions of excellence so that they can further reward mediocrity. You can bet your ass that if this happened at a private school, they'd be broke within a year or two.

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/9336378/detail.html

Hobbit said:
Moore County school system in Fayetteville, NC is having its high school graduation. Now, many of you may remember the honor cords you may have gotten, those little ropes that you hung around your neck to celebrate membership in specific honors programs. Well, the Moore County school system has banned all such cords from their graduation except ones recieved from the National Honor Society and North Carolina Scholars. This is why America is getting dumber, folks. The crappy government schools, which are accountable to nobody, concentrate so much on self esteem as to completely outlaw all expressions of excellence so that they can further reward mediocrity. You can bet your ass that if this happened at a private school, they'd be broke within a year or two.

I think it's sorta like this. We are ALL special in our own special way but we have to be espescially quiet about it or the people who aren't special might learn that they are less than special and feel especially bad, or something.

dilloduck said:
I think it's sorta like this. We are ALL special in our own special way but we have to be espescially quiet about it or the people who aren't special might learn that they are less than special and feel especially bad, or something.

as the dad of one of my young soccer players said to me once.....someone has to work for my kid

Hobbit said:

The link didn't point to the story any more. But I have to ask: who else was vying to have cords? I mean, the NHS is well recognized as a society for bright students. It's not like all cords were banned.

Forum List

Back