That's a good jew

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
If anyone wants to know what a decent, Israeli citizen (who actually does care about human rights and the safety of his country) looks like, you have no farther to go than...

...Yaniv Mazor.

Mazor, is an IDF soldier, who "...is currently in military prison for refusing to serve in part of an "occupation army."" He has begun a hunger strike, to protest the Isreali governments' use of "adminstrative detention", as a way of suppressing dissent and peaceful protests, in the OPT.

An Israel Defense Forces reserves soldier, who has refused to partake in army duty to protest Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories, has gone on hunger strike in military prison, in what he said was a show of solidarity with Palestinian administrative detainees.

It is Israeli's like him, who have a right to exist and deserve our support and respect. Because he's doing what he can, to protect his country from terrorism. Which is, refusing to be complicit (or participate in), in his own country's brand of terror.

I should remind people, our country's "Military Code", allows a soldier to the option of not following orders that are immoral and unethical. And Mr. Mazor, is doing just that.

Last edited:
there are many citizens of Israel who are concerned for the rights of others.

they jsut dont have power right now

If anyone wants to know what a decent, Israeli citizen (who actually does care about human rights and the safety of his country) looks like, you have no farther to go than...

...Yaniv Mazor.

Mazor, is an IDF soldier, who "...is currently in military prison for refusing to serve in part of an "occupation army."" He has begun a hunger strike, to protest the Isreali governments' use of "adminstrative detention", as a way of suppressing dissent and peaceful protests, in the OPT.

An Israel Defense Forces reserves soldier, who has refused to partake in army duty to protest Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories, has gone on hunger strike in military prison, in what he said was a show of solidarity with Palestinian administrative detainees.

It is Israeli's like him, who have a right to exist and deserve our support and respect. Because he's doing what he can, to protect his country from terrorism. Which is, refusing to be complicit (or participate in), in his own country's brand of terror.

I should remind people, our country's "Military Code", allows a soldier to the option of not following orders that are immoral and unethical. And Mr. Mazor, is doing just that.
First off, a US soldier refusing to obey immoral or unethical orders is going to get a speedy courts-martial.The only time a soldier can disobey a lawful or direct order is if it is an illegal order. End of Lesson.

As for the IDF Reservist, he probably needs to lose a significant amount of weight. He's on his own.

Last edited:

...Yaniv Mazor.

It is against the Israeli law to protest while being a soldier.

He's probably in jail because of that.

He's on his own.

Not at all - last time I was in Israel I read a news story that described how a group of air force recruits were also refusing to be posted in the West Bank.

This has been a problem for the IDF, and is something they'd do well to consider.

"It is against the Israeli law to protest while being a soldier."

I don't know about that - but it's certainly illegal in the US to attend a protest or political rally in militry uniform.

So a similar Israeli law doesn't seem unusual to me.

I don't know about that - but it's certainly illegal in the US to attend a protest or political rally in militry uniform.

I think it's unusual for a country claiming to be a democratic nation, criminalizing dissent and peaceful protests. If people do not have a right to protest their government, you don't have a democracy, you have fascism.

I think it's unusual for a country claiming to be a democratic nation, criminalizing dissent and peaceful protests. If people do not have a right to protest their government, you don't have a democracy, you have fascism.

Or in your case, you have an idiot. The adults are talking here. Your mommy is calling.

Nobody says someone doesn't have the right to protest.

When I was a soldier, I had respect to my duty and country, I participated in protests, but I have waited two years to do so.

Nothing fascist about that.

He's on his own.

Not at all - last time I was in Israel I read a news story that described how a group of air force recruits were also refusing to be posted in the West Bank.

This has been a problem for the IDF, and is something they'd do well to consider.

If it was up to every Israeli soldier to decide where to be posted or not, we could have closed up shop, and this state.

what is the point of having an army if each soldier can do whatrever he feels like.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNE7CXxcPZw&feature=related]Israeli Kids Against Their Own Army & Killing of Innocent Palestinians - YouTube[/ame]

Thing is,Loinboy, the US military does not operate under a democratic system. Their rules are not the same as for civilians.

True Heroes..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWslbLYjzhg]Holocaust Survivor Speaks Out - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHBBiSuXbo]Israeli Mother Has A Message For The World - YouTube[/ame]

there are many citizens of Israel who are concerned for the rights of others.

they jsut dont have power right now
. You can read what they have to say and what they are doing, many of those who care about human rights, at 972 Magazine website.
You remind me of someone I used to have discussions with on another discussion board
, the avatar. Do I know you? I am using my name here and there. Sherri

Forum List

Back