That truck driver you flipped off

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story. | StarTribune.com

His dispatcher will do everything possible to get him there, but the chances are slim. So he has hardly noticed your displeasure at having to slow down for him. It's not that he doesn't care; he's just numb.

Everything you buy at the store and everything you order online moves by truck. Planes and trains can't get it to your house or grocery store. We are dependent on trucks to move product from the airport and the rail yards to the stores and our homes.

Every day, experienced and qualified drivers give it up because the government, the traffic and the greedy companies involved in trucking have drained their enthusiasm for this life.

They take a job at a factory if they can find it, and are replaced by an inexperienced youngster dreaming of the open road. This inexperience leads to late deliveries, causing shortages and higher prices at the store, and crashes that lead to unnecessary deaths.

It is even possible that is what led to the death of this driver's sister.

This is a true story; it happened last week. The driver's name is Harold, and I am his dispatcher.

Just thought this was share-worthy.

A reminder that we generally don't know what's going on in anybody else's skin, save our own.

This thread makes complete sense..
The guys from yesterday who understand what has happened in this country are disgusted.
I'm one of them.. The new fuck ups come along with no idea how things work and don't give a shit. Owning a business today is like having to work for your employees and the Government.... What a fucking mess.

Blues

Last edited:
  • Banned
That blows, Blue. Seriously blows, and I'm betting it's a big part of why our economy is crapped out. We NEED small businesses. They're the concrete that holds all the bricks together, IMO.

That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story. | StarTribune.com

His dispatcher will do everything possible to get him there, but the chances are slim. So he has hardly noticed your displeasure at having to slow down for him. It's not that he doesn't care; he's just numb.

Everything you buy at the store and everything you order online moves by truck. Planes and trains can't get it to your house or grocery store. We are dependent on trucks to move product from the airport and the rail yards to the stores and our homes.

Every day, experienced and qualified drivers give it up because the government, the traffic and the greedy companies involved in trucking have drained their enthusiasm for this life.

They take a job at a factory if they can find it, and are replaced by an inexperienced youngster dreaming of the open road. This inexperience leads to late deliveries, causing shortages and higher prices at the store, and crashes that lead to unnecessary deaths.

It is even possible that is what led to the death of this driver's sister.

This is a true story; it happened last week. The driver's name is Harold, and I am his dispatcher.

Just thought this was share-worthy.

A reminder that we generally don't know what's going on in anybody else's skin, save our own.

it doesn't mean the driver is not an ass or all hopped up on speed and deserves to be told to fuck off.....

That blows, Blue. Seriously blows, and I'm betting it's a big part of why our economy is crapped out. We NEED small businesses. They're the concrete that holds all the bricks together, IMO.

Take your own advice.
edited out, not the flame zone!.

What the hell are you talking about? Would it kill you to actually stay on topic vs following someone around to have your little tantrum?

ie grow up. Somebody called you a name, so you have to go on a little swearing binge? Did it help? Feel better? Want a tissue?

OK now go for it, toss your little fuck this fuck you, blah blah etc at me while you attempt to untie those knots in your panties. Tragically, I won't see it, as I add yet another obnoxious child to my ignore list.

Good grief. They should rename "US Message Board" to "The Nursery."

OK sorry folks. Back to the actual topic....

Truck driving is no easy life. I've never done but known a few and anyone who thinks so is IMO clueless. Of course that's no excuse for them driving like aholes, but on avg I'd say they tend to be better drivers than the avg non-truck on the road, easily.

Forum List

Back