That took long: Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

i agree 100%, go after the employers. Problem with that is the reluctance of the feds to do so because of the powerful and rich lobbyists in washington lining the pockets of law makers to not go after them. So what are the states left to do? Fend for themselves, and when it's arizona we're talking about, we know that 98% of all illegal aliens in that state are straight from mexico. To say they should look everyone over the same when it comes to legal status is pure lunacy dog. The vast, vast majority of illegal aliens in arizona are mexicans! You know it, i know it, for christ sake the man in the moon knows it. So i say check 'em, period. Who gives a damn about bleeding hearts crying about racial profiling. Do it anyway.

i understand the states are in a bind. I agree with radio that least this will force those in washington to do something and not do anything in fear of alienating the hispanic population and their vote. I think that going after the immigrants just leads to chasing the tail of the snake (problem of illegal immigration) instead of the head (employers and those profiting from it).

and of course you have totally ignored the whole problem arizona cites for taking action,, murdering american citizens and tons and tons and tons of drugs coming across the border not to mention kidnapping and home invasion.. Dogshit.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I agree 100%, go after the employers. Problem with that is the reluctance of the feds to do so because of the powerful and rich lobbyists in Washington lining the pockets of law makers to NOT go after them. So what are the states left to do? Fend for themselves, and when it's Arizona we're talking about, we know that 98% of all illegal aliens in that state are straight from Mexico. To say they should look everyone over the same when it comes to legal status is pure lunacy dog. The vast, VAST majority of illegal aliens in Arizona are MEXICANS! You know it, I know it, for Christ sake the man in the moon knows it. So I say check 'em, period. Who gives a damn about bleeding hearts crying about racial profiling. Do it anyway.

I understand the states are in a bind. I agree with Radio that least this will force those in Washington to do something and not do anything in fear of alienating the Hispanic population and their vote. I think that going after the immigrants just leads to chasing the tail of the snake (problem of illegal immigration) instead of the head (employers and those profiting from it).

We've known this for a long time, that if there no longer were jobs here for illegals to take, illegals would no longer want to come here. But at every juncture in that debate, it's the DEMOCRATS who OPPOSE IT! In fact, they oppose just about ALL good ideas when it comes to the illegals. Why? Votes and money dog... votes and money.

and of course you have totally ignored the whole problem arizona cites for taking action,, murdering american citizens and tons and tons and tons of drugs coming across the border not to mention kidnapping and home invasion.. Dogshit.

End the War on Drugs. Simple as that.

We've known this for a long time, that if there no longer were jobs here for illegals to take, illegals would no longer want to come here. But at every juncture in that debate, it's the DEMOCRATS who OPPOSE IT! In fact, they oppose just about ALL good ideas when it comes to the illegals. Why? Votes and money dog... votes and money.

Not anymore. Just in Wisc a couple days ago, it was the GOP who voted down a bill to fine employers harshly.

End the War on Drugs. Simple as that.

Simple minds and all that.. then who's going to take responsibility for the added millions of addicts??? you don't pay taxes do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

moron.

Simple minds and all that.. then who's going to take responsibility for the added millions of addicts??? you don't pay taxes do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

moron.

You assume that ending the War on Drugs would suddenly create millions of addicts. What sort of evidence do you have to back that up?

Look Dog...don't your professors challenge you on your thought process? That's what I'm doing. I'm challenging you to THINK about what you're saying. If your looking for a bunch of sympathy then go post on the Democratic Underground with like minded people. The thing is..is this. I see your points about everything you posted. We just happen to disagree on what immigration reform should be. I don't see racial profiling because I don't see anywhere in this law that singles out hispanics. Are there MORE hispanics in the Tuscon corridor than other places in the AZ.? OF COURSE!!!! IT'S ON THE MEXICAN BORDER and it's a major human and drug trafficking site! It's quite obvious that as a group of people asked for their proof of citizenship that there are NOT going to be more hispanics than other groups asked....THEY REPRESENT 36% of the population in Tucson and 30% of all Arizonans. I can live with one out of three...and THAT'S NOT racial profiling.

The only reason IMO why you are making a big deal out of this is that Hispanics represent 95% of the ILLEGAL ALIENS and you on the left view this as a State asserting it's right to "round up" the illegal aliens and deport them.

Last edited:

Not anymore. Just in Wisc a couple days ago, it was the GOP who voted down a bill to fine employers harshly.

Can you link me to that?

Last edited:

And don't think that didn't go unnoticed. November is coming, and Wisconsin is going to have some new faces in politics. I'm on a regional board here in Wisconsin, and believe me, people are pissed off.

do you see wisconsin going red?

And don't think that didn't go unnoticed. November is coming, and Wisconsin is going to have some new faces in politics. I'm on a regional board here in Wisconsin, and believe me, people are pissed off.

Oh that's right, you live there.

Let me ask you since you're involved there. Where were the Dems on that and such? Did they want the bill? I was just wondering more than anything since the article I read on it was scarce on details.

All one has to do is look at the Netherlands example.

You're right.

Netherlands closing prisons for ?lack of criminals? - Augusta, KS - Augusta Gazette

Thus, the ruling parties have developed a plan to remove 2,000 of the country's 14,000 prison cells. That's a plan that the more conservative minded Dutch legislators call crazy. They even say that violent crime is increasing in the land where the legend of Santa Claus was born.

That depends on what you call crime.

The Dutch don't criminalize euthanasia, many illicit drugs, or even prostitution.

A lack of criminals.

do you see wisconsin going red?

Don't know. Aside from your garden variety, UW indoctrinated liberals, it's the farmers that vote dem here, because they love all the subsidies and crop rotation checks they get for not planting and such that they wouldn't get if the repubs were in control. But then again Wisconsin is in deep financial trouble, and people know who's been running this state. Doyle is pretty universally hated. He's gone for sure. But, it will definitely be an interesting race to watch in November, because judging by the public sentiment on the local board, there's more people fed up with the dems than not, even people that voted for obama.

You're right.

Netherlands closing prisons for ?lack of criminals? - Augusta, KS - Augusta Gazette

Thus, the ruling parties have developed a plan to remove 2,000 of the country's 14,000 prison cells. That's a plan that the more conservative minded Dutch legislators call crazy. They even say that violent crime is increasing in the land where the legend of Santa Claus was born.

That depends on what you call crime.

The Dutch don't criminalize euthanasia, many illicit drugs, or even prostitution.

A lack of criminals.

and this has what to do with addiction stats?

moron.

You assume that ending the War on Drugs would suddenly create millions of addicts. What sort of evidence do you have to back that up?

Cigarettes are legal. Nicotine is as addicting as heroin. Millions are addicted to nicotene.. dogshit.

Oh that's right, you live there.

Let me ask you since you're involved there. Where were the Dems on that and such? Did they want the bill? I was just wondering more than anything since the article I read on it was scarce on details.

I heard talk of it on the radio, and that it had republican support. Ticked off everyone I talked with about it here.

moron.

You don't even have to look that far,, but it's an excellent point.

and this has what to do with addiction stats?

Obviously not enough addicts going around committing crimes to be filling up the prisons.

As for the addiction rate:

Is Dutch drug policy the Devil?

Lack of Meaningful Comparisons: Prohibitionists fear decriminalization because they assume that availability will increase use. The most recent national survey of The Netherlands, where marijuana has long been legally available, found that 15.6% of the population had tried it. In the U.S., where nearly 700,000 arrests were made last year for marijuana offenses, the government's latest National Household Survey on Drug Abuse found that 32.9% of the population had tried it

Collins claims that "lenient" Dutch marijuana policy has caused heroin addiction in the Netherlands to skyrocket. He admits there is "no compelling physiological link between cannabis smoking and heroin use," but argues that marijuana causes heroin use anyway. He rejects lower official estimates in favor of unnamed "critics" who contend there are 35,000 addicts in the Netherlands. But even if we accept this estimate as accurate, Collins misrepresents its meaning by not expressing it as a comparative rate. With 15 million population, 35,000 addicts is 2.33 per thousand or about one in every 428 Dutch people. The U.S. government estimates there are 750,000 heroin addicts in its population of 265 million, which is a higher rate of 2.83 addicts per thousand or about one in 353 Americans.

Funny...I went to several dutch government websites supposedly addressing the country's drug addiction problems but it appears that they aren't "working"...but there are plenty of pro marijuana/pro drug legalization sites claiming that the Netherlands legal drug industry and liberal attitude towards heroin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Actually it's quite sad.

Funny...I went to several dutch government websites supposedly addressing the country's drug addiction problems but it appears that they aren't "working"...but there are plenty of pro marijuana/pro drug legalization sites claiming that the Netherlands legal drug industry and liberal attitude towards heroin is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Actually it's quite sad.

Links?

The War on Drugs has failed, badly. The numbers show that Netherlands is better in every way than us..

Forum List

Back