That state of Alaska might be looking better, and better .... ?

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
:eusa_think: Up to a $10,000 rebate is not a bad deal .... hmmmmn :eusa_shifty:

With a fresh infusion of $60 million into the state's Home Energy Rebate Program, thousands of Alaska homeowners are clamoring to receive home-improvement rebate checks worth as much as $10,000, creating an unprecedented backlog and leaving many people frustrated and stressed with the process to get a piece of the big state giveaway.

Popularity overwhelms energy rebate program: Anchorage | adn.com

damn, it's too bad I hate the cold...

Me too!

I probably should have put this in the "Palin thinks $215,000 a year is "working class" .... thread. Since so many seem to be feeling sorry for the "people" from Sarah's state .... :doubt:

But as far as I know we still have the choice of what state to live in. With that $10k you could sure make yourself cozy for awhile though. :eusa_shifty:

raise your hand if you think giving away 10 grand would NOT be popular? lol I love the title of that article, I looked at it and thought, well I wonder what person in the govt. office there thought " hmm we won't need extra staff, no one will like this program" lol

:eusa_think: Up to a $10,000 rebate is not a bad deal .... hmmmmn :eusa_shifty:

Popularity overwhelms energy rebate program: Anchorage | adn.com

A check for the entire amount should be sent to the fed gov to reemburse for the $.84 over every dollar it pays in that alaska sucks out of the economies of Tax Donor states.

Alaska is a Tax Welfare State. That money is not theirs! This is outright theft!

The Tax Foundation - Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2005

http://www.taxfoundation.org/UserFiles/Image/Blog/ftsbs-large.jpg

Forum List

Back