That Sound...It's Not Jingle Bells!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "It’s the last thing two burglary suspects expected to hear when they broke into a Coon Rapids home. From within the house came the unmistakable sound of a pump shotgun. At the other end of that gun was a 22-year-old woman who is nine weeks pregnant.

2. ...when the men ignored her barking pit bull and black lab, and broke through a kitchen door, she had no other choice but to chamber a round into the 12-gauge shotgun.

3. There’s perhaps no other sound that commands as much respect and fear. The young woman at the business end of that gun was home alone and prepared to protect herself.

4. ...the first man walked up to her kitchen door and began pounding and ringing the doorbell. He was clearly checking to see if anyone was home.

5. The woman recalls, “He started ringing the doorbell, probably 50 times, fast — ding, ding, ding, ding!” The woman, who is nine weeks pregnant, was feeling sick and was in her bed.

6. “About three minutes later, my dogs started barking again and I looked out the window and now there are two guys standing outside my home,” the woman recalled.

7. Within mere seconds, she heard the loud “bang” of the kitchen door being kicked open. With footsteps coming her way, she quietly stepped upstairs.

8. “So then I hustled up the stairs to grab our gun, and I came down and I loaded it and cocked it,” said the homeowner.

9. With a single pump of her 12-gauge shotgun, the would-be burglars bolted out the door and through the backyard.

10. “Yes, a shotgun racking is something you don’t forget if you’ve ever heard one. So, it frightened these two suspects off right away, they took off running,” said Coon Rapids Police Captain John Hattstrom."
Pregnant Woman With Shotgun Thwarts Burglars « CBS Minnesota

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Before they turned to run, I would have shot them while they were still in the house. Once they turn around and run, you can't legally shoot them as long as they are running from you because they are no longer considered a threat to your safety.

Yep. Before they turned to run, I would have shot them while they were still in the house. Once they turn around and run, you can't legally shoot them as long as they are running from you because they are no longer considered a threat to your safety.

Then...a quick trip to the taxidermist!

I find that shotguns do to much unnescessary damage to the home. I perfer a revolver, loaded with a bird shot round, the rest hollow points. The first one lights up the area for the second shot, while incapacitating the burglar enough to draw a bead with the second. The bird shot does less damage to the interrior of the house than with a shotgun.:badgrin:

I once received a letter asking me to attend a cocktail party to consider working for the FBI. I told my friends about it and they all agreed that if anyone gave me a gun, they'd leave the state.

Forum List

Back