That pot of chili is smelling really good.

Put together about a 3 gal pot of chili a while ago. It is smelling pretty good.

Sounds good I love chili in the winter time. What do you put in your chili? We pout beans sausage, ground beef red and black pepper. Let cook for about 6 hours eat and serve. Yummy damn you I'm hungry, When do we eat?

Put together about a 3 gal pot of chili a while ago. It is smelling pretty good.

Sounds good I love chili in the winter time. What do you put in your chili? We pout beans sausage, ground beef red and black pepper. Let cook for about 6 hours eat and serve. Yummy damn you I'm hungry, When do we eat?

I know people who would sooner share their social security number with you than their chili recipe.

If you weasle uscitizen's out of him, can I have a copy?

For you Madeline.
It is a loose recipe.
I cut up onions about 4 cups for 3 gallons sautee them in a pan and then put them in the pot.
About 3 cups of cut up green peppers sauteed and put in the pot.
Diced Hunts tomatoes about 4 cans.
I can hunts tomato sauce.
3 lbs of browned finely chopped ground steak, lean and drain the fat after browning.
1 Large + 1 small can of Brooks mild chili beans, drain the brooks sauce off though.
1 can Rotello mild.
1/2 box of Krogers chili powder approx season to taste.
about 1 tablespoon of salt.
about 1.5 quarts of water.
Simmer for about 4 hours min.

I think that is about it.
Everyone who has had it loves it.
Easy to make too.

Last edited:

I know people who would sooner share their social security number with you than their chili recipe.

If you weasle uscitizen's out of him, can I have a copy?

Sure but the ingredients is just half of a good pot of chili. It takes a lot more than what you put in the pot. It also take technique time of cooking, and what type of utensil and pot you use to stir in the mixture

For you Madeline.
It is a loose recipe.
I cut up onions about 4 cups for 3 gallons sautee them in a pan and then put them in the pot.
About 3 cups of cut up green peppers sauteed and put in the pot.
Diced Hunts tomatoes about 4 cans.
I can hunts tomato sauce.
3 lbs of browned finely chopped ground steak, lean and drain the fat after browning.
1 Large + 1 small can of Brooks mild chili beans, drain the brooks sauce off though.
1 can Rotello mild.
1/2 box of Krogers chili powder approx season to taste.
about 1 tablespoon of salt.
about 1.5 quarts of water.
Simmer for about 4 hours min.

I think that is about it.
Everyone who has had it loves it.
Easy to make too.

Sounds good when do we eat?:eusa_angel:

Actually tomorrow.
It is cooling now and goes in the fridge till the morning, then I simmer and remove the lid and let it reduce for a while.
Chili HAS to sit overnight and be reheated to be worth eating.

Honestly it is better than any chili I have ever gotten in a restaurant. esp compared to Gold Star Chili.

I have a big hunk of mild chedder cheese to go with it and a few boxes of Kroger oyster crackers. They are the best brand of oyster crackers I have found.

Of course my recipe is for pretty mild chili you can add all the "heat" spices you want.
I enjoy the flavor more than the pain of the spicy stuff.

Might be rough here tomorrow too cold to open windows and ventilate noxious gasses after massive consumption.

It also freezes well and is almost as good as the first eatin.

Last edited:
Actually tomorrow.
It is cooling now and goes in the fridge till the morning, then I simmer and remove the lid and let it reduce for a while.
Chili HAS to sit overnight and be reheated to be worth eating.

Honestly it is better than any chili I have ever gotten in a restaurant. esp compared to Gold Star Chili.

I have a big hunk of mild chedder cheese to go with it and a few boxes of Kroger oyster crackers. They are the best brand of oyster crackers I have found.

Of course my recipe is for pretty mild chili you can add all the "heat" spices you want.
I enjoy the flavor more than the pain of the spicy stuff.

Might be rough here tomorrow too cold to open windows and ventilate noxious gasses after massive consumption.

It also freezes well and is almost as good as the first eatin.

You really need to stop it. I am straving and it's almost 11:00 pm to late to eat.

Forum List

Back