That must make Obama and Biden Chickenhawks right?

I think if we had actual foot soldiers running things you'd see a lot less warmongering, as they wouldn't have the war first mindset that Obama and Bush had, they would do everything they could to avoid the horrors of war.

Not necessarily.

It seems some get conditioned to it and get a taste for it.

I think a good mix of men/women that have seen it, with people that have a more natural passivist leaning would be able to make better final decisions.

Chickehawk?

The Online Urban Dictionary defines a chickenhawk as "A politician or other person who promotes war without having had any personal experience of it; especially those who have avoided the experience." Another reference to chickenhawks is that "the closest they have come to a tank is a think-tank."

The term 'chickenhawk' is thought to have been coined by Ralph Nader.

It would seem so.

You could also throw in Tyrants.

1. a sovereign or other ruler who uses power oppressively or unjustly.
2. any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically.

tyr·an·ny   /ˈtɪrəni/ Show Spelled
[tir-uh-nee] Show IPA

–noun, plural -nies.
1. arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.

We are weeks pased the 60 day point for Obama to have permission from Congress to keep killing Lybians.
The antonym of chickenhawk is:

chickenred

Someone who advocates Communism but is too cowardly to move to a Communist nation; who advocates the destruction of the US Constitution while hiding behind its protections; who condemns the American consumerism lifestyle while living that same lifestyle.
That woman at the protest handing out pro-Castro literature is a chickenred...she'd never move to Cuba.

We've got a few of those lying around here.

I'll take it a step further...

Obama's job experience + Biden's job experience = 0.

These two are the biggest zilches in U.S. history.

Well if Bush/Cheney are shining examples of "experience" then I'll take the "zilch experience" every time. The Iraq invasion and occupation is the BIGGEST military and political blunder in the history of the US........hands down.

Well if Bush/Cheney are shining examples of "experience" then I'll take the "zilch experience" every time. The Iraq invasion and occupation is the BIGGEST military and political blunder in the history of the US........hands down.

you'd think a genius like obama would have learned from his predecessor's mistakes.

go figure, huh?

Del beat me to it but...yeah, doesn't this make Obama Cheney's latest sock puppet?

Oh, you mean like Clinton did in Bosnia?

Or is that different? Somehow? It just is!

Yeah.

It is.

Clinton's war in Bosnia had two objectives. Stop an on going genocide. Keep Yugoslavia from descending into failed rogue states that harbored terrorists. He was resoundingly successful..as Bush's visit to Croatia proved. I had a chance to visit Split and Dubrovnik. No need for body armor or anything.

Bush's war in Iraq was to punish Saddam Hussein for trying to assassinate daddy ( Which the court is still out on ) and the fulfill a long standing dream of the PNAC to control the regions oil. Well it resulted in the deaths of well over 4k American troops, 200K Iraqi civilians, who knows how many Iraqi military, the annihilation of Iraqi infrastructure, and the propping up of a very fragile regime that resembles the one that was kicked out. I don't think you can do the tourist thing in Iraq yet. Do you?
I think you meant to say, "It's different because Clinton is a Democrat".

Nope. Didn't post that at all.

Literacy is not your high point.

But then again..seems neither is comprehension, cognitive thinking or reasoned debate.

you'd think a genius like obama would have learned from his predecessor's mistakes.

go figure, huh?

Yep, you'd think.

How I'd love to go in a time machine and hear all the current Obama apologists talk about how they were pissed about wars for oil and attacking countries that are in no way shape or form a threat to the US.

Then fast forward to now and hear them cheer on wars where the countries we're "saving" people are all coincidentally oil rich and they all have nothing to do with defense of the U.S.

This is what strict allegiance to political parties does to the human mind, it slowly erodes away people's principles :(.

go figure, huh?

Can't end the wars...

New set of cronies need their share of war profiteering...

Curly Lightbulbs for Iraq! Far out, man....

You really need some new left wing talking points... this shit is getting old, like, yesterday. And apparently you've never heard of Waterloo or Operation Market Garden or the Battle of Gallipoli or the Battle of Little Big Horn or the Charge of the Light Brigade or the Battle of Stalingrad or the Bay of Pigs.... he list of military blunders is lengthy, Iraq ain't one ofthem, no matter how much Rachel Maddow tells you so.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Iran
Afghanistan
Libya
Yemen

Obama's US Military Service record + Biden's US Military Service Record = 0

Therefore, they're both Chickenhawks.

And you Frank, when and in which branch of our armed forces did you serve?

Can't answer for Frank... but I sure as fuck did serve my country in the Army, until 1996...

But nice attempt at deflection... especially from the likes of you... for if I am not mistaken, you were among others on here throwing around the chickenhawk insults in the previous administration

During the Bush Administration I posted on MSNBC message board, and yes I did characterize Bush&Co as Chicken Hawks, for they were. Bush hid in Alabama, Cheney deferred as did Clinton, and anyone interested need only read who signed the principles on this document:

Statement of Principles

Those who clamored for war with Iraq as early as 1996.

And, btw, I enlisted in the Navy in 1967.

go figure, huh?

Del beat me to it but...yeah, doesn't this make Obama Cheney's latest sock puppet?

go figure, huh?

Yep, you'd think.

How I'd love to go in a time machine and hear all the current Obama apologists talk about how they were pissed about wars for oil and attacking countries that are in no way shape or form a threat to the US.

Then fast forward to now and hear them cheer on wars where the countries we're "saving" people are all coincidentally oil rich and they all have nothing to do with defense of the U.S.

This is what strict allegiance to political parties does to the human mind, it slowly erodes away people's principles :(.

Hmm....I guess I missed the part where we were removing a government from power and installing a new government under false pretenses while at the same time killing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of innocent people.

I also missed the part where one of our own spies was deliberately exposed just because her husband exposed the truth and caused the POTUS a little embarressment.

I wouldn't exactly call this an extension of Bush/Cheney.

Having said that I do slam Obama for not bringing our troops home fast enough. Happy?

go figure, huh?

go figure, huh?

Yep, you'd think.

Hmm....I guess I missed the part where we were removing a government from power and installing a new government under false pretenses while at the same time killing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of innocent people.

I also missed the part where one of our own spies was deliberately exposed just because her husband exposed the truth and caused the POTUS a little embarressment.

Having said that I do slam Obama for not bringing our troops home fast enough. Happy?

you forgot to mention katrina

:lol:

hack

go figure, huh?

go figure, huh?

Yep, you'd think.

False pretenses?

:confused:

go figure, huh?

go figure, huh?

Yep, you'd think.

1.) We are in the process of removing their govermnent from power under false pretenses and the scale of how many people our bloodmoney and cruise missiles results in is remained to be seen. The rebels will win and install a gov't because of our help, wouldn't happen without us, so indirectly or directly Obama is doing the same things Bush did.

2.) Sure some details will be different, both instances of warmongering are wrong, however in this instance the commanders are coming right out and telling us that their soldiers are Al-Qaeda members. Did that stop the flow of US taxpayer dollars or support? Nope

3.) I would

4.) No I'm not happy, but yes I agree the troops from Iraq he shouldn't brought home faster, he should be bringing the troops home from Afghanistan, he should stop warmongering in Afghanistan/Pakistan/Lybia/Syria/Yemen and wherever else he decides to warmonger.

If you're living in the Arab world, you aren't safe with a bloodthirsty, hellbent warmonger like Obama behind the launch controls. We've already had at minimum 6 countries we've either been at war with or attacked in under one term.

Forum List

Back