That 'Muslim Thing' and Obama

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I never really bought it, seems to me his pretty much a non-believer in anything but himself. this though?

Roger L. Simon » Obama practices taqiyya on French TV

Obama practices taqiyya on French TV
Posted By Roger L Simon On June 2, 2009 @ 9:11 pm In Middle East, politics | 10 Comments

[1] Le Monde is reporting that Barack Obama told France’s Canal + Tuesday that “les Etats-Unis sont l’un des plus grands pays musulmans“. My French is not as good as it used to be, but I sure know what that means without recourse to a dictionary or Google: The United States is one of the largest Muslim countries on the planet.

Is that the USA of the 57 states?

I guess it depends on what your definition of “one of” is. According to Wikipedia, the US ranks thirty-eighth with a Muslim population of some 4.5 million (about one and half percent of our population). Indonesia is first at over two hundred and seven million.

Our leader goes on to remonstrate with our citizenry about educating ourselves about Islam, which is, in his words, a religion that has always “evolved along with progress.” I suppose that’s true if you disregard women’s rights, gay rights and the basic democratic need for the primacy of state law for all citizens, not to mention a host of other values we could group under the rubric of the Enlightenment. The problem with Obama’s implication that we are not educated about Islam is that he is dead wrong. Many of us now are - by necessity. We know the difference between Medina and Mecca Korans (and their views of jihad), between Sunni and Shiite and so forth. We also know what dhimmi law is… and taqqiya.

For those of you who have missed it, here is a definition of taqiyya - again from [2] Wikipedia: The word “al-Taqiyya” literally means: “Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.” A one-word translation would be “dissimulation.”

The[3] WikiIslam defines it as “sanctified hypocrisy.” That is Barak Obama to a T. He uses taqiyya constantly, as on French TV when he claimed the US was one of the biggest Muslim nations and recently to avoid having our government adhere to agreements it made with the state of Israel during the Bush administration. Our maybe it was our [4] State Department practicing taqiyya in his behalf. In any case, it comes to the same thing.
Links at site. Seems more and more he's just anti-Israel.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_spine/archive/2009/06/02/an-inconvenient-truth.aspx

An Inconvenient Truth
What dismays me most about Barack Obama's Middle East initiative is that the only country in the area he seems to be pressing is Israel. He is not pressing Egypt and perhaps that's because there is nothing that Cairo can give., Maybe I'll be surprised by the presidential visit to Riyadh but he is, thus far, also not pressing Saudi Arabia and its king to whom he offered at the G-20 meeting rather curious and extravagant homage. If you read A Safe Haven by Allis and Ronald Radosh (reviewed by me in the Wall Street Journal) you'll see how King Ibn Saud was flattered by F.D.R. and took that flattery as an index of his actual power. Roosevelt reinforced the illusion.

Last edited:
Yes, he is anti Isreal. Actually, i believe he's anti anything that has to do with the US too. He's said that the US is not a "Christian" country, when our laws and constitution was based on Christian values. But he's doing a pretty good job at getting rid of anything that has to do with God in our country. He's been labeled a narcisist by people that study this type of personality. All he cares about is himself and what's good for him. He seems to also care more about people of other country's (mostly muslim) than he does for us. In only 4 months he's shown us his true "colors"...but people still fawn all over him and think he's the greatest thing since apple pie. I'm really afraid of what we'll be like by the end of his term (and hopefully his ONLY term as president!)

Surely there is nobody surprised by this. He is muslim first, Baptist for political purposes. He used his
"christianity" to fool the mindless sheep into voting for him.

According to Newsweek there are 7-8 million Muslims living in the US. Compare that to the population of Muslims living in other countries and the US does have a higher Muslim population than say.... Russia... or uhh.. let's see here, China. Or Japan.

Please don't tell me Joe Biden fed him that line.

Surely there is nobody surprised by this. He is muslim first, Baptist for political purposes. He used his

I really don't care if Obama is a Buddhist - we are a country of religious freedom and all religions are equal in America. My mother always told me there would be a Black Muslim President before there was a Jewish President... damn.

By all accounts, Obama IS a Muslim or was born one. His father was a Muslim, which and Kalam can correct me if I'm wrong, makes the son automatically a Muslim according to the Qu'ran.

Liberals don't give a shit if he's a Muslim or a Christian. Please attempt to refrain from making idiotic statements. Only Republicans wouldn't vote for someone who wasn't Christian, there professor, so the only mindless sheep who voted for him were Republicans who voted for a Democrat.

Who gives a shit if he's anti-Isreal? Why do we continue to support Israel? To be ready for the coming Rapture? Because we are obligated to support a country we set up displacing tens of thousands of Palestinians from their ancestral land and pissing off lots of native Muslims? I think you people just fear and therefore hate Muslims.

I really don't care if Obama is a Buddhist - we are a country of religious freedom and all religions are equal in America. My mother always told me there would be a Black Muslim President before there was a Jewish President... damn.

By all accounts, Obama IS a Muslim or was born one. His father was a Muslim, which and Kalam can correct me if I'm wrong, makes the son automatically a Muslim according to the Qu'ran.

First and foremost obama is a LIAR! right??

Yes, he is anti Isreal. Actually, i believe he's anti anything that has to do with the US too. He's said that the US is not a "Christian" country, when our laws and constitution was based on Christian values. But he's doing a pretty good job at getting rid of anything that has to do with God in our country. He's been labeled a narcisist by people that study this type of personality. All he cares about is himself and what's good for him. He seems to also care more about people of other country's (mostly muslim) than he does for us. In only 4 months he's shown us his true "colors"...but people still fawn all over him and think he's the greatest thing since apple pie. I'm really afraid of what we'll be like by the end of his term (and hopefully his ONLY term as president!)

Look up Rightwing reactionary, and Christian fundamentalist. Then look in a mirror. Then look up ignorant and look at the picture next to the definition. Then look in the mirror again. It'll all become very obvious after that, which is good considering the depth of the intellect we're dealing with here.

Who gives a shit if he's anti-Isreal? Why do we continue to support Israel? To be ready for the coming Rapture? Because we are obligated to support a country we set up displacing tens of thousands of Palestinians from their ancestral land and pissing off lots of native Muslims? I think you people just fear and therefore hate Muslims.
If he is anti-Israel I would have a problem with that. Israel is one of our allies in the ME. We have certain obligations to our allies. That is not to say blindly agree with everything our allies do or simply go along with them because they are our allies. I have friends that I don't agree with on some things, it does not mean I would not still be friends with them or assist them when I can.

You may want to go read through the history of the region before jumping off the cliff to say that Israel is all wrong or any of the ME States are in full error.

Concise Timeline of Recent Israeli-Palestinian History

The Middle East conflict—a brief background

Israel, Palestine and the Occupied Territories

Jordan/TRANSJORDAN

British Empire: The Map Room: Middle East: Transjordan

First and foremost obama is a LIAR! right??

No. Obama is not a Muslim today because he's a Christian. He's been going to Church for 20 years - we had Reverand White to prove it for us.

Then again, if you want to talk about lies... we should discuss our fabricated intelligence as a method to get into Iraq. Even Dick Cheney has admitted that there wasn't any link between Al Queda and Saddam. Let's see - how many lives has Obama's lie and how many lies has Bush's?

If he is anti-Israel I would have a problem with that. Israel is one of our allies in the ME. We have certain obligations to our allies. That is not to say blindly agree with everything our allies do or simply go along with them because they are our allies. I have friends that I don't agree with on some things, it does not mean I would not still be friends with them or assist them when I can.

You may want to go read through the history of the region before jumping off the cliff to say that Israel is all wrong or any of the ME States are in full error.

Jordan/TRANSJORDAN

You know, we wouldn't have any of these problems if the Ottoman Empire had just stayed away from this whole thing and not joined the German Kaiser in World War 1. Why did the Ottoman Empire care if the Archduke of Serbia was killed?

Jordan/TRANSJORDAN

You know, we wouldn't have any of these problems if the Ottoman Empire had just stayed away from this whole thing and not joined the German Kaiser in World War 1. Why did the Ottoman Empire care if the Archduke of Serbia was killed?
No, we'd still have dumb asses out there in the world who seem to think they lives are better and more important than another's life calling for war while setting in a cushy little safe position.

Jordan/TRANSJORDAN

yea.. we wouldn't have had this problem if a stone aged bunch of slaves would have just stayed their hebrew ass in Egypt either.

Jordan/TRANSJORDAN

I don't mean to say that everything about Israel is wrong. And I don't condone the tactics of the Islamic nations surrounding Israel have done in reaction to its existence. However, were the US not a superpower and at the end of a war it had little do with, the nations that were the superpowers at the time to arbitrarily carve out a niche in Washington DC and tell us, "The Native Americans have a right to be here and this land is now theirs." you can't expect for the US not to react in the extreme. Especially if that new native American nation were to start colonizing outside of its borders on land owned by Americans for generations!

Because Israel is a democracy, dumbass.

We hate and fear tyrants and despots.

That means we stand against every Muslim nation on the face of the earth.

Forum List

Back