That "Make Your Own Soda" Commercial. Just Add Water!! Are They Serious?

Mar 16, 2012
Sarasota & Naples, Florida

:laugh2::banana::cheeky-smiley-018:
Most of us have seen the commercial by now. You buy the syrup and the machine that adds the carbon/gas.
Comon, do they really think we are that dumbfounded? and all those people in the ads saying,,,wow,,,it tastes just like coke, or sprite, or redbull.
Only a typical Obama supporter would fall for this.
Yah! Coke and Pepsi have given out their secret recipes for all of thier soda products.
And all of America is just plain dumb (well,,the 40% of Obama supporters will buy it)
:gay::slap:

Coke, Pepsi, they taste the same. The "secret recipe" is just hype. Sprite is just sugar and a little fake lemon. I ain't got a clue what Redbull tastes like but I have no doubt that they can all be duplicated well enough for a hell of a lot less money.

Most of us have seen the commercial by now. You buy the syrup and the machine that adds the carbon/gas.
Comon, do they really think we are that dumbfounded? and all those people in the ads saying,,,wow,,,it tastes just like coke, or sprite, or redbull.
Yah! Coke and Pepsi have given out their secret recipes for all of thier soda products.
And all of America is just plain dumb (well,,the 40% of Obama supporters will buy it)

And how do you think soda comes in professional use size? The syrup comes in a box.... water and Co2 are added and it comes out of the gun in the bar or in dispensing machines.

• Banned
we have all had soda from a dispenser,but even they will never duplicate the taste coming from the bottle/can. I would know as I have worked in Hospitality for years. It really comes down to the quality of the water, and most of us have all tasted dispenser soda mixed with tap water,,,,,yeeccch!

we have all had soda from a dispenser,but even they will never duplicate the taste coming from the bottle/can. I would know as I have worked in Hospitality for years. It really comes down to the quality of the water, and most of us have all tasted dispenser soda mixed with tap water,,,,,yeeccch!

It doesn't mean you cant use premium water with the home soda makers....

• Banned
Pepsi has always been my favorite, but I have worked for some restaurants that did filter their water to the extreme. but unfortunately, there plenty of sub-par diners that dont take pride in the quality of thier soda/ice tea dispensers, we have all been there,,,we go to eat,,the food is ok,,but the drink just tastes awful!

Pepsi has always been my favorite, but I have worked for some restaurants that did filter their water to the extreme. but unfortunately, there plenty of sub-par diners that dont take pride in the quality of thier soda/ice tea dispensers, we have all been there,,,we go to eat,,the food is ok,,but the drink just tastes awful!

I am not a big soda person.... i prefer iced tea. I agree.... some water can just choke you!

I agree. Coke Zero is my favorite soda, but I can't stand the taste of it from a fountain.

Coke, Pepsi, they taste the same. The "secret recipe" is just hype. Sprite is just sugar and a little fake lemon. I ain't got a clue what Redbull tastes like but I have no doubt that they can all be duplicated well enough for a hell of a lot less money.

Coke and Pepsi have radically different tastes. I have no idea how people can fail the Pepsi Challenge.

It's probably a ripoff, but that's basically how the soda machines at convenience stores, etc., work.

that would make a great taste test. have people taste fountain VS the real thing,,,,,Im sure most of us could tell the difference. the thing with dispensers is that its never consistent,,,,its either too much water,syrup or Co2. Ever order a soda at a bar and it tasted like water & syrup/no fizz?

that would make a great taste test. have people taste fountain VS the real thing,,,,,Im sure most of us could tell the difference. the thing with dispensers is that its never consistent,,,,its either too much water,syrup or Co2. Ever order a soda at a bar and it tasted like water & syrup/no fizz?

I've never really noticed with anything other than Coke Zero. Then again, I don't drink most other sodas on a regular basis.

you know, there are alot of people who are so addicted to one or two sodas, did any of you see that girl on that show about people with extreme habits? there was this young girl who was addicted to coke, and drank up to 25 cans a day. god, if i did that, i would be dead in a week.

I know a guy who got one of those make your own soda kits and says it is great.

Anyone here tried it or just shootin bull?

you know, there are alot of people who are so addicted to one or two sodas, did any of you see that girl on that show about people with extreme habits? there was this young girl who was addicted to coke, and drank up to 25 cans a day. god, if i did that, i would be dead in a week.

I think I would be sick. I feel like a sloth for going through that many diet sodas in a week.

I drink about a litre or so of MT dew a day.
And about a half litre of Nesquick milk.
Maybe 1/4 pound of hersheys chocolate or Reeses cups.
Eggs, bacon, and lots of fried stuff.

It is all that is keeping me alive.

I only weigh 175 and get virtually no exercise.

Forum List

Back