That honeydo list will have to wait.

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Police: Man kills bride, best man, self at wedding

– Mon Dec 20, 10:40 pm ET
RIO DE JANEIRO – A bridegroom fatally shot his new wife, his best man and then himself after announcing to horrified guests that he had a "surprise" for them, authorities said Monday.
Witnesses reported that 29-year-old Rogerio Damascena, a sales manager in Camaragibe, outside the northeastern Brazilian city of Recife, did not give any previous indication that anything was wrong at his wedding reception, police investigator Joao Brito said.
Brito would not speculate on a possible motive, saying family members were in shock and he had not interviewed them yet.
Brito did say the killings are believed to be premeditated because of the groom's announcement and because he had hidden a gun in his father's pickup truck.
Twenty-five-year-old bride Renata Alexandre Costa Coelho and best man Marcelo Guimaraes were both killed in Saturday's murder-suicide. A brother of the bride was treated at a hospital and released.
The website Globo.com quoted a sister of the bride who left before the shootings as saying she didn't believe it was a crime of passion.
"My sister was a wonderful person who loved and wanted to be loved," Lucia Helena Coelho was quoted as saying.
"He was happy, she was happy, the party was beautiful. His family adored her and doesn't understand this," Coelho told Globo.com. "He revealed himself as a sociopath who fooled the entire family and killed his best friend, who was ... the best man."

There's more to this story than "the guy was a sociopath" I'll wager.

Psychopathic maybe, but sociopathic?

Probably not.

Sociopaths like to cheat, lie, manipulate, dominate intimidate and WIN the game they're playing.

What we currently call a sociopathic personality disorder USED to be called MORAL INSANITY.

Sociopaths are NOT psychopaths.

Psychopaths might be dangerous, but not as dangerous as sociopthic personalities.

ALL sociopaths are a menace, but not all pshyscopaths are because each psychopath is subject to his own unique psychopathic tendencies

Sociopaths are good at hiding who and what they are and they usually do NOT have a modus operandi or obsessional condition that dictates what they do.

What a sociopath will do is WHATEVER IT TAKES to WIN.

Obviously this guy doesn't fit that profile.

FYI, I know that sociopathic and psychopathic personalities disorders are sometimes thought to be the same condition, but I'm of the school that believes they are significantly different disorders.

I've worked with both types (I was a neuropsychiatric tech in the NAV) and we saw lots of psychopaths, but sociopaths are rarely caught.

Why were they so rarely seen in that closed unit psych wards?

Because sociopaths are usually organized thinkers and they are trying NOT to be caught.

They do not appear to be obviously nuts like psychopathic personalities usually do.

Every one of us probably knows somebody who has more or less a sociopathic personality.

IN all likihood, not one of us is aware that the person we know has all the moral compunctions of a predator.

The sociopathic personality understands perfectly well he (or she) has to HIDE their true personality.

They live a LIE.

They get real good at living up to people's expectations on the surface, and they can change their MO to suit whatever person they're trying to charm at the moment.

They are SOCIAL cameleons and they are OFTEN well respected and IN CHARGE of events or organizations.

They are among other things, master manipulators and therefore they climb to great heights in society.

FYI the sociopath I worked with was one of the most charming people I ever met.

He had charisma that was impossible to ignore.

If you met the guy you'd think he was a not very bright, good old boy who wouldn't hurt a fly and who you could trust.

He was in there because he'd purchased and then mudered an infant while in the Phllipines, folks.

Why did he do that?

After he'd deserted from the Corp, he and his "wife" escaped to a remote island in the Phillipines where she was from.

It was a place with no electicity where the people lived a very primative life.

He was there for a while and sort of became the dominate leader of the villiage.

He'd purchased the infant for his wife in Subec bay before they left for that remote place.

One day he got tired of the baby's crying.

He dashed it's brains against a wall.

The villiagers of that remote island freaked out, send some guys in canoes to get help and it was just his bad luck that he'd finally gotten caught.

I'm not sure why I'm going into such detail here EXCEPT to inform you guys that about 1% of the population has some inclination to sociopathy.

And some percentage of those are truly TRULY dangerous people who, if they ever get caught, everybody who knows them will tell us:

He seemed like such a nice guy!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back