That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

Drudge Flash Back

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses
Adjust font-size: + –
Kimberly West
Published June 18, 2007 by:
Kimberly West

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," Mussalem told the AP.

"Nothing happens by mistake these days," he said.

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

Catholic Online reports that the heads of Christian churches in the Holy Land have urged both sides to put aside their weapons, noting that the infighting diverted international attention from the national goal of Palestinian independence.

"This domestic fighting where brother draws his weapon against brother is detrimental to all the aspirations of achieving security and stability for the Palestinian people," they said. "In the name of the one and only God as well as in the name of each devastated Palestinian, many of whom are still dying, we urge our brothers in the Fatah and Hamas movements to listen to the voice of reason, truth and wisdom."

One young woman told the Catholic News Service that she was concerned the Islamic extremists would "enforce a strict dress code, forcing women to wear veils and robes." One Christian teenager spoke to the Catholic News Service on the condition that her name not be used. She said the days of fighting had been "very difficult" but they were "OK now."

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Where's the AP article it mentions?

The Article is from 2007. the two Link references you inquire about, bring you to a blank article page. The other two links work. You might inquire with AP, about the problem.

The Article is from 2007. the two Link references you inquire about, bring you to a blank article page. The other two links work. You might inquire with AP, about the problem.

If you expect people to believe it, finding the AP link might be in your interest. Doing your work for your and proving that your story is true doesn't bring any benefit to me.

If you expect people to believe it, finding the AP link might be in your interest. Doing your work for your and proving that your story is true doesn't bring any benefit to me.

I don't have any expectation of you or anyone else, Kalam. The Article I posted was a Link from Drudge. It speaks for itself. You doubt the Accuracy? Refute it. The Story itself is from an Associated Yahoo Link. I'm not your Daddy, Silly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Well, sugar it's not about you.

Then I shouldn't have been asked to find it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adeKtTlejNY]YouTube - Christians under Siege in Gaza - UN Silent[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9BazI-_js&feature=related]YouTube - Muslim Palestinians Desecrate Christian Graves - UN Silent[/ame]

Then I shouldn't have been asked to find it.

You weren't asked to find anything. You asked me to find a sub link on an article I posted, knowing the content had been removed , probably from it's source, probably because of the age of the article, which is common. I suggested you satisfy your own curiosity.

Actually the links have been removed. What hasn't been however are a multitude of links to that and other sites at the time, describing that particular situation and worse.

That's only 25% of the season.

Teams have gotten into the playoffs with only winning 75% of their season, so I don't see that as an issue, and I certainly don't see them losing all four games either.

The way I see it, they will probably go 1-3 with Dixon.

When Ben returns, they will go 2-2.

Then after his career ending knee injury, they will go 3-5 the rest of the way.

That's a 6-10 record...AT BEST.

That won't get you into the playoffs.

1-0 XO, we'll see how your prediction stands, but I like my odds. :lol:

And thanks for taking care of the Bengals for us, that was so kind of you guys. :lol:

Forum List

Back